View Poll Results: Yes, once again I am asking ... which type ...

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFj intuitive subtype

0 0%
  • ENFp intuitive subtype

0 0%
  • ENTp intuitive subtype

0 0%
  • INFp intuitive subtype

0 0%
  • INFj intuitive subtype

0 0%
  • INTj intuitive subtype

0 0%
  • 104 100.00%

Thread: I must be a sucker for punishment

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I must be a sucker for punishment ...

http://www.socionics.com/sta/sta-1-r...:NVxK1ow1jtvlj.)HDgBdUUZAisvgPCxhroGtowktttevFibryIo1w5wrbJllUP1vj2vv1tj3:301205163903

http://socion.info/cgi-bin/html/resu...890492048.html
    http://socion.info/cgi-bin/html/resu...008524237.html
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It makes me wonder, can I be an ethical type who is emotionally immature? Because I often do not have much control over my emotions.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW!!!
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I must be a sucker for punishment ...

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I must be a sucker for punishment ...

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    It makes me wonder, can I be an ethical type who is emotionally immature? Because I often do not have much control over my emotions.
    No, everyone including T types lose control over their emotions. Read Cone's post about INTJs and INTPs.

Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    Your hidden agenda is messing with you.
    Yeah I agree.

However, what I'd wonder about is your subtype, although ultimately no one knows this better than you yourself. Two other resident ENTPs, gilligan and discojoe, are like twins (they're going to kill me for saying this, but whatever) and gilligan claims to be an intuitive subtype, which I can definitely see. Given the similarity of these two, it follows that discojoe would be the same subtype. While I doubt that you are not ENTP, the difference between your writing style and subject matter and theirs indicates that you are of a different subtype ie. the logical version.

Despite this, it is possible that you are indeed the same subtype. My personal view is that the subtype system is more of a spectrum, such as, for example, the spectrum of autistic disorders, and you may just be at a different end of the intuitive subtype spectrum.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

discojoe is a mixed subtype (a little more logical imo), and I'm not convinced that gilligan is even an ENTp
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-Jack London

It seems quite obvious that you are not a Thinker according to your own descriptions of your personality on the socionics type assistant.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know rmc.

It might be helpful to look at family dynamics, too. What are the types of your parents?

I have this theory that the relationships you have with your family of origin impact your type expression and I think I am right.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother I am 100% certain is an ISFp, and my father I have always considered him ISTj. Lately I have come to consider the possibility I have type him wrong and that he might really be an ESTj or ISTp.

However, my father still fits an ISTj stereotype regardless ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So your dad is your supervisee and your mom is your dual. That's pretty good actually. Do you think these relationships enhanced your confidence or detracted from it?

Sometimes I get the feeling you doubt your confidence in your self. I am like this too, at times. Mostly because of poor . I think I have the worst configuration for parents, though: my dad is my supervisor and my mom is my benefactor. Talk about being in the sqeeze play.

Joy who is also entp - I think she is the supervisor and benefactor of her parents - her confidence is pretty good, at least it comes across that way.

What do you think?