Thread: Visual Identification: Eyes and Type

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Visual Identification: Eyes and Type

I have noticed that with some types I can actually extract their cognitive functions naturally by looking in their eyes. I began to see correlations as a child, between different people and how they behave and their voice and eyes and hobbies. What is most interesting is the eyes. Sometimes when I meet another INTj or ENTp, both of us realize what types we are after the initial eye contact. I think that this may have somethign to do with the spaced out look and that we both catch each other psychoanalyzing each other and then try not to do it and smile. The smile seems to be a result of shyness from being caught, and from shyness in showing emotion to the intimacy of being similar (finding out who they are, even if its based on yourself). With my relation of benefit (where I am the benefactor) however their eyes appear as if they have no meaning to them, like two white objects with holes in them, thats all. There must be a way to define these differences, but I need to figure out if the pattern is temporal, or conditional based on information i send with my reactions to their reaction, or if it is just geometry, or all the above. Has anyone given any thought to this?
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I think there is somewhere a hole in my brain where most people keep information about people's eyes and eye color. I can't even remember my own. I can't remember to remember people's eye color. Weird.

Anywho, I haven't given this any thought, but I sure will now. Next time I see my Beneficiary I'll look at his eyes and see if I notice anything strange.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird thing is that ever since I was a kid (keep in mind I was always weird/gifted) I would associate colors with people I knew, and only a couple of years ago after learning MB then Socionics, I realized those colors were associated with the cognitive functions.... Heres a list of the associations...

Ti - Black
    Te - Brown
    Ni - Light Green
    Ne - Dark Green
    Fi - Pink
    Fe - Red
    Si - Light Blue
    Se - Dark Blue

The wierd thing is, these colors tend to reappear around where i see predominant types with those cognitive functions. I also tend to link different people together with this rather than using the typeing system. This ability is very vague to me, but I am able to verbalize and correlate when i get these color associations. They come to me as a familiarity of the color in the spatial location of the person. Or in the memory of them. I do not actually see the color, only the feeling that comes with it. I have no idea why it is those specific colors. As a kid i saw my father as light blue and red, and my mother as light green and red. I always felt more familiar with green type people, because i felt that they somehow understood me better for soem reason (which i thought was at the time a conspiarcy, or some special gift i had which i had to hide, that they knew about, but the blue type people didnt). If i was psychoanalyzing myself I would assume that I'm just B.S.ing and need pills, but this perception is pretty useful so I wouldn't mark it a disorder of any kind.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't remember my face either most of the time. It's so weird to look in the mirror and see someone there that doesn't correspond to anything you're familiar with at all. This usually takes place when I feel energetic and alive and look in the mirror and see I'm tired. So weird...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How reliable is this method eg. "this person has blue-grey eyes and therefore has an so-and-so chance of being Si or Se dominant?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I has nothing to do with eye color. Its has to do with the focus, and how it moves around. How the eye lids are possitioned (people can smile and frown with their eyes to). Some people will look at you for reactions (usually N people) some space out and visualize themselves from another angle. Some space out and are watching a simulation of a possibility in their mind. Some look at mechanical objects and their eyes skip from one object to another in a logic manner. Some just stare blankly and dont notice details. There is a lot to it, and eye color alone means nothing.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then why did you write the list beginning "Ti - Black"? Doesn't that mean that your dominant function determines your eye colour? Or am I completely misunderstanding you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's saying he associates colors with people. When he sees a person that looks "black" (maybe he can elaborate on how this actually looks) he thinks to himself . It's called synesthesia one version of it is the association of colors to concepts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are correct. Also, the reason N people dont remember what they look like is because they lack which allows you to memorize 3D space around you and use your senses to map out your body in 3D. people can move their center of conciousness outside of their body, unlike N people who feel as if their head is the center. This allows people to know what they look like in social situation and to be able to see themselves litterally from another angle. When they drive some of them visualize the car from top view and look down on their car with surounding.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it sucks I have a tendency to think of ISTJs as really great like the spartans of old but what you said made me realize that they must lack like I lack now that must be scary. I can't imagine that. Anyway, can you tell me how is like for the ENTP? (ENFPs feel free to throw in your $0.02 as well ) I don't think in pictures. I think in weird associo-syllabic-numeral-semipictoral-KNOWNS. Is this typical of INTJs? I hear a lot of people say they think in vivid pictures. I don't do that unless I'm really sleepy. It really pisses me off when people say absolutes don't exist. I touch absolutes with my mind just as I can reach out and touch a tree with my hand. It's not some weird schizophrenic thing. I wonder if other INTJs can do that?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be ENTP probably feels like being not fully alive/awake. Although you will feel a guide sorta keeping you on course in terms of controlling your path through time. You will actualy feel the time passing and can sorta guestimate how long trips int he car can take based on past experience. I have also noticed that ENTPs become extremely alert in amergency situations and act ont heir environment actively... whereas an ESTP normally alert, falling off a bike would relax and go with the flow, rather than controlling the situation. This seems to confirm the flipping of types under stress. ENTP's also would have trouble seeing themselves as others do, and they cant memorize their terain or visualize it in 3D. They visualize things as images and frames from a movie that have meaning. The can also sense trouble coming up within this movie. They tend to be lazy because they dont like routine and work out the problem steps in their mind to the point of also visualizing the work and energy loss with it. This visualization of energy loss causes them to actually feel drained. They can also match up any pattern to any othe rpatterns from the past. Like part of a song, with a painting they once saw with similar meaning. The matrix movie actually makes a lot of references to intuition, all the characters seem to even have N type eyes. Neo seems INTj, same with Trinity. Which made their sex scene sorta unnatural. "why does it feel more real when i dream than when i am awake". Cause you have f**king ADD/Intuition of potentials, Neo. :-) .... BTW... ENTPs feel their life is being wasted as their time is used up... and ESTP's feel their life is wasted as they travel long distances, they do not feel time however.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting Slava! You definitely have some great theories on this stuff...

I am getting better and better at V.I. and one of my easiest indicators is eyebrows and eyes, how they are shaped and how they move around.

ISTPs have a soldier like look in their eyes, a readyness to react

ISFPs have a peaceful gaze about them, their eyes seem very rounded. (Micheal Moore?)

ENTPs have a distant look in their eyes, can often be 'phased out', makes their eyes seem glassy at times like they are on a drug. Their eyebrows dont vary very much, often straight with a slight diagonal corner break. This isnt obvious until they make an extreme facial expression.

INFJs like most judging types (excepting a few) have a inward (towards nose) slanted eyebrow at a small angle... They seem more detached from the physical and their eyes move in what seems to be a delayed manner.

ISFJs I type with the nose and other features as well so its harder to say the eyes..

ESTPs Tend to squint at times, eyes are a bit more vertically extended, while horizontal width seems the same.

ESTJs are the easiest to type for me, since my Dad is one. Eyebrows are the most extreme angle of all, diagonally in towards the nose. Maybe from all those furious outbursts. Its like they got mad one day and their eyebrows are stuck that way.

ENFPs There seems to be 2 subtypes, same eyes and action, eye brows seem formed a bit differently.

INTJs The one judging type that the eyebrows seem more on the perceiving side to me, as they arent very diagonal.. Seem more straight above the centre of the eyes, often end a little earlier... Bend at the centre of the eye away from the straight form, slightly downward.

___________________________________-

THis is much easier to explain with pictures, but I am far too lazy for that.

Good day!

lol
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take a look:

http://www.middlepath.com.au/eyesite/struct.html

not saying i'm converted, but it's interesting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eyes of...

ISTP

ENFP

INFP

ESTP

ENTP

ISFP

ESFP

INTJ

INTP

ENTJ

MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by IcEPiCk
    Interesting Slava! You definitely have some great theories on this stuff...

I am getting better and better at V.I. and one of my easiest indicators is eyebrows and eyes, how they are shaped and how they move around.

ISTPs have a soldier like look in their eyes, a readyness to react

ISFPs have a peaceful gaze about them, their eyes seem very rounded. (Micheal Moore?)

ENTPs have a distant look in their eyes, can often be 'phased out', makes their eyes seem glassy at times like they are on a drug. Their eyebrows dont vary very much, often straight with a slight diagonal corner break. This isnt obvious until they make an extreme facial expression.

INFJs like most judging types (excepting a few) have a inward (towards nose) slanted eyebrow at a small angle... They seem more detached from the physical and their eyes move in what seems to be a delayed manner.

ISFJs I type with the nose and other features as well so its harder to say the eyes..

ESTPs Tend to squint at times, eyes are a bit more vertically extended, while horizontal width seems the same.

ESTJs are the easiest to type for me, since my Dad is one. Eyebrows are the most extreme angle of all, diagonally in towards the nose. Maybe from all those furious outbursts. Its like they got mad one day and their eyebrows are stuck that way.

ENFPs There seems to be 2 subtypes, same eyes and action, eye brows seem formed a bit differently.

INTJs The one judging type that the eyebrows seem more on the perceiving side to me, as they arent very diagonal.. Seem more straight above the centre of the eyes, often end a little earlier... Bend at the centre of the eye away from the straight form, slightly downward.

___________________________________-

THis is much easier to explain with pictures, but I am far too lazy for that.

Good day!

lol

Interesting observations.

Not only are there two types of ENFP's but there are at least two subtypes of each type. So you'll really be on to something once you identify the range of differences within each type.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Molly
    Elle's fiance is ENTJ and won't hold my gaze. I like a person to look at me when I am speaking to them and this drives me crazy as I think he isn't listening. If I do manage to catch his eyes, he looks away quickly. I used to think he was sneaky, but that isn't so. Is this an ENTJ thing? He also tends to make comments to other people while I am speaking to him. He says, "I'm listening. I'm listening."
    Quote Originally Posted by the16types.info
    "An absent-minded professor". Due to his well-developed abstract thinking he is not always attentive to his appearance. If he cares of his dressing himself, he is always bedraggled, this is why he completely relies upon his partner’s taste and allows him to take charge of routine problems. For the same reason he does not tolerate when others stare at him (this is why his dual The Conservator often avoids to look directly into his interlocutor’s eyes), just because he, due to his inattention to his surroundings, is uncertain of how he appears to others. He is always insecure about his appearance and somewhat worries about his imaginary plainness.
    And, not listening, is an thing
    -Slava

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default eyes in visual identification

my mom and i have been on a collaborative project in VI of people and observing how their eyes change when they smile. if you have observations please share.

so my mom says that she thinks my eye shape doesnt change much when I smiles because I have BIG shinny eyes. this is my brightest happiest smaile. I'll post pictures of the inverted C shape ect

image.jpg

here's SLI with no change

image.jpg

and a C shape this girl seems ESE to me
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-07-2016 at 04:49 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I wonder what types are most associated with eye color. I'd imagine ILI and LII as being the "grey" types. No matter how you slice it the "grey" eyes tend to be associated with a feel for individuals who identify with ideals over humanity as a whole. Yeah, the eyes are grey, but their worldview is rather black and white. In different ways of course but, once you boil it down to its essence, you're left with a rather stark contrast yet it contrasts for very different reasons. You can get and understand the contrasts, but you still see how you can both be so close yet still so far apart.

It's why I don't push on issues in regards to my LII cousin. I love him to death, but I know that if I ever attempted a full disclosure of my opinions on the world he'd wage intellectual war on me. I rather like him as a conversation partner and friend, so I hold off on going full ego block and exposing the open war the Alphas are fighting against Gammas like myself. So close, yet so far. It's a fun place to be, yet also a rather sad one as well as, well, if you both take off the mask the only option that makes sense is to draw pistols at high noon and see who God favored that day. Yes, you killed an enemy, but that bad taste in your mouth is forever. They gave you hope, and you dashed it with your own hands. Yeah, hard to feel good after that one...

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

No eye colour is not type related, otherwise there would be only ILIs and LIIs in Scandinavian countries.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
    Interesting thread.

Fwiw, here are my eyes, smiling and not (no makeup, obviously):

Attachment 7733

Attachment 7732
    Nice eyes lol. Still you have big eyes
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Nice eyes lol. Still you have big eyes
    Haha, I'm underslept and in a weird, share-y mood And yeah they are fairly big. I have noticed IXEs seem to have wide eyes.

I have noticed SLEs of both sexes w kind of squinty, focused-seeming eyes.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    I wonder what types are most associated with eye color. I'd imagine ILI and LII as being the "grey" types. No matter how you slice it the "grey" eyes tend to be associated with a feel for individuals who identify with ideals over humanity as a whole. Yeah, the eyes are grey, but their worldview is rather black and white. In different ways of course but, once you boil it down to its essence, you're left with a rather stark contrast yet it contrasts for very different reasons. You can get and understand the contrasts, but you still see how you can both be so close yet still so far apart.

It's why I don't push on issues in regards to my LII cousin. I love him to death, but I know that if I ever attempted a full disclosure of my opinions on the world he'd wage intellectual war on me. I rather like him as a conversation partner and friend, so I hold off on going full ego block and exposing the open war the Alphas are fighting against Gammas like myself. So close, yet so far. It's a fun place to be, yet also a rather sad one as well as, well, if you both take off the mask the only option that makes sense is to draw pistols at high noon and see who God favored that day. Yes, you killed an enemy, but that bad taste in your mouth is forever. They gave you hope, and you dashed it with your own hands. Yeah, hard to feel good after that one...
    ..No.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I wonder what types are most associated with eye color.
    wrong types

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

And the very lovely young lady next to me is my second baby (my cousin's child) she's SEE
    -

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    wrong types
    Pretty much, we all hang on to personal biases after all. I just happen to have gunmetal grey eyes. They're quite grey, but that blue tint must have some reason for being there. Does it really? Nah, it's a dice roll and I just so happened to end up with that eye color. Even so, stereotypes have been developed. I hold that they hold at least a very small grain of truth to them or else they would not have ever gotten established. For example, the dumb blonde. Well, given how many men seem to just bow down to such women regardless of other considerations one could see how the stereotype got established. Even so, tis still a better stereotype they held before the 1930's, where they were held to be Gold-diggers. To be seen as just plain dumb or to be held as a scheming gold-digger, I think the choice is obvious is it not?

Better to be held a fool, than as a scheming little shit. To even reverse that would have taken a great deal of concerted effort. Again I say, stereotypes form for a reason, and because of that reason they are hard to reverse. You cannot reverse it with laws, you can only reverse it with culture. Sadly, most people in the world conflate legal edicts with culture. Oh how wrong they are. Tragically, they will only egg their adversaries on to feats of martyrdom, and that's the last thing you want to see your "enemies" do. It only takes a few martyrs, once they're laid out ye will face the deluge. It's not pretty, it's not nice, but it never seems to fail...

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    And the very lovely young lady next to me is my second baby (my cousin's child) she's SEE
    doesnt look anything like the SEEs i know but ok

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Pretty much, we all hang on to personal biases after all. I just happen to have gunmetal grey eyes. They're quite grey, but that blue tint must have some reason for being there. Does it really? Nah, it's a dice roll and I just so happened to end up with that eye color. Even so, stereotypes have been developed. I hold that they hold at least a very small grain of truth to them or else they would not have ever gotten established. For example, the dumb blonde. Well, given how many men seem to just bow down to such women regardless of other considerations one could see how the stereotype got established. Even so, tis still a better stereotype they held before the 1930's, where they were held to be Gold-diggers. To be seen as just plain dumb or to be held as a scheming gold-digger, I think the choice is obvious is it not?

Better to be held a fool, than as a scheming little shit. To even reverse that would have taken a great deal of concerted effort. Again I say, stereotypes form for a reason, and because of that reason they are hard to reverse. You cannot reverse it with laws, you can only reverse it with culture. Sadly, most people in the world conflate legal edicts with culture. Oh how wrong they are. Tragically, they will only egg their adversaries on to feats of martyrdom, and that's the last thing you want to see your "enemies" do. It only takes a few martyrs, once they're laid out ye will face the deluge. It's not pretty, it's not nice, but it never seems to fail...
    I updated my thread just for you.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1136801

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW