Thread: My personalized analysis of Rick's IEE Extended Type Description blog article

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My personalized analysis of Rick's IEE Extended Type Description blog article

It took a couple of months, but I finally finished it.

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...pe_Description

This is an anecdotal look at Rick's IEE type description, which I hope can be used to illustrate how various concepts he raises in the article can manifest, and how they have manifested in my personal life.

I think this article really strengthened my IEE typing overall, and I just found the article an incredibly accurate representation of the essence of who I am.

I'd like to get your thoughts on this article, should you care to read through it all.

INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Tereg... I decided to click on your link and at first i just wasn't engaging with anything but as i read on i started to more and more. I ended up having to stop because i just dont feel receptive to so much information at the moment

I personally feel that being an ENFp is a ride. To me it seems like more or a ride than any other personality type (not putting us or others down). Sometimes i wonder how we retain our sanity, things are just so... crazy. But we do. I really do see ENFp's as having such glaring weaknesses, yet almost spiritually some strength will manifest itself every now and then.

My Verdict from your writing is that you are 1000000 percent ENFp and so am I. Which to be honest we both knew already. Its almost frightening how similar i act to the ways described in your and ricks analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post

My interaction with my dad (an SLE) illustrates this very well. I'll give one example, but there are several others.
    My dad asks me to retrieve something for him -- it could be a tool, something in the fridge... some sort of object that I have close access to. I start to look for the object. I can't find it. A small feeling of panic sets in. "I know it's here." I keep looking. Still can't find it. I return to dad, and explain to him very quickly that I can't find what it is he's looking for, even though I've looked. Slightly agitated, again, he explains to me in detail where I can find it. I think to myself, "I just looked there, damn it. I thought I looked there, well, I guess I have to try again." I return to the area where the object is found, and try to incorporate the instructions he's given me. I'm trying everything I can to avoid returning to him empty-handed. After still struggling to find it after a minute or two, dad says my name in a very agitated tone, walks over behind me, says "Move." Then proceeds to grab the object in less than two seconds, "Right here, right in front of you!"
    At which point I try to tell him "I looked there though!" to which he replies "Well, obviously you didn't look hard enough."

This same thing happens with my LSI dad. He will ask me to get some tool and explain to me where it is, and i will also just feel this immediate nervousness, an instant panic because i actually doubt my ability to find it. How hillarious lol. What then can happen is i get tunnel vision due to the extra stress i put on myself and dont think straight. My dad constantly watches me like a hawk when i do something, and that is fucken confidence destroying.

I really couldn't have said this any better. And that is pretty much the state I'm in right now. There are so many things that I should take care of -- going to the doctor, going to the dentist, getting my sofa repaired, getting my dryer repaired, cleaning my apartment (it's been a few months), working out/running on a consistent basis, eating better than I have, among other things. And I can easily appear like I've got everything together, especially at work. But it catches up with me in an emotional sense that things that stress me out outside of work affect me at work.
    Fuck me dead. Im in exactly the same boat. I hold this list of things that i must do and i keep on putting them off time and time again. Its actually partially nightmarish because i can feel it building. The funny thing is things like going to the doctor are "probablly" not that urgent, its just that stress that makes us feel that way. As you would know, when something snaps you may actually achieve a few of those things at once. It can feel kind of good!

If you watch me, I get up out of my computer chair randomly and in the sense that whatever it is that I'm doing, I can quickly detach from and maybe not even realize I'm doing it or drop it halfway and be drawn to something else. Most definitely when I make something to eat. Let's say I'm making spaghetti. At some arbitrary point in time, I'll get up and boil some water, then while the water is boiling, sit back down in my computer chair and do random things, maybe watch TV at the same time. Sometimes I won't return to the boiling water until it has been boiling for more than 5-10 minutes -- just losing track of time. Then I'll put the spaghetti in, then return back to my computer chair. I might walk back and forth 5 or more times before the spaghetti is ready to eat. Then when I actually eat it (which usually is at my computer desk), I eat it in like, maybe 5 minutes or less.
    Thats basically exactly how i work aswell. I find it odd how close of a human animal we are lol. This is where i stop but i may or may not come back for another look. You get it
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0_0 hi this is the first time i've ever met other enfps. This is soo wierd. You guys are just like me and i've always felt sort of different from others (different in a good way though)
    n00bIEE

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dattebayo View Post
    0_0 hi this is the first time i've ever met other enfps. This is soo wierd. You guys are just like me and i've always felt sort of different from others (different in a good way though)
    Herro. Yep we are in this IEE realm together. I like your name btw, i was just watching naruto shippuden episode 4, it seems cool.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IT IS COOL!!!! The Uzumaki is just about all that i can think about theese days That and Socionics. I find myself reading this stuff all day, when i should be doing my homework lol
    n00bIEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You IEE's sure are a strange bunch.

....Well, maybe not too strange.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to intrude on the IEE group hug!

Thanks for posting this, tereg! Lately, I'm trying to wrap my brain (among other bodily parts) around a particular IEE. He's often so bewildering; in fact, often seems in many ways like we're arriving at the same things from opposite ends. I also see quite a lot of overlap between IEE and IEI via Rick's description and your notes. That shared irrational focus, and where one's conscious strengths are the other's unconscious strengths. Not to mention, a lot of shared weaknesses too.

Like a persistent sense of unrequited deja vu. I *almost* completely understand, but there's that ONE bit that seems backwards. The puzzle piece that looks like it should fit perfectly, but doesn't quite. I sometimes wonder if he feels the same about me...

And I always seem to have a "read error". Can't quite get the handle that would make me feel more secure.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune View Post
    Like a persistent sense of unrequited deja vu. I *almost* completely understand, but there's that ONE bit that seems backwards. The puzzle piece that looks like it should fit perfectly, but doesn't quite. I sometimes wonder if he feels the same about me...
    I have felt this way with other people that I've known in my life. Like I get them, I think I get them, I know I get them, almost completely, but something still seems a bit off.

I absolutely understand what you're saying here.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually appended this to the Id block ( blocked with ), and I think this visually demonstrates what happens in social areas where there's a lot of group involvement in activities.

Check this video out.

The guy with the beard is Zach Galifianakis, a stand-up comedian, and one of my favorite comedians.

Now, I understand the motivation for getting a group of people doing something together, whether it's something like this or cheerleading, or whatever it might be... basically something that tries to get a larger group of people to do something together and have some fun.

I know that if I was in Zach's position in that setting, I'd be feeling, looking, and acting exactly like he did. Looking around for someone that I'm comfortable with interacting with (a person that I'm with... hopefully I'm not there alone because, well, I'd be slipping out the back door), trying not to be a party-pooper but yet feeling really uncomfortable.

But this doesn't always happen. I mean, there are times when I feel a bit more comfortable (the group is in many cases smaller) and I can get into whatever it is the group is doing. Like say I went to a dance or you know, if I ever went to a karaoke bar... whatever. I have the capability of getting into it and just letting go. But I can't sustain it. It's just not something that's "on" for me.

These kind of mass movements of activity... it's really interesting to see it in action from a distance, but to be involved in it is quite, um... it kind of stresses me out a little bit. Most of the time it's very awkward and very uncomfortable. BUT, there are glimmers of hope in certain settings when I do feel more free to be involved. But a crowd of 50-100 or whatever... probably not going to happen.

The sensation is almost like being swallowed up by a wave or being enclosed in a dark room.

Too many times I've been with people in the more awkward social situations when they tell me "LOOSEN UP MAN, C'MON!" It just... I dunno, it just takes a lot of energy for me to do it.
    Last edited by tereg; 05-10-2008 at 03:13 AM.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's definately my favourite description of IEE. Before I read this article I had hesitated between ENFp and ENTp.

And I fully agree with tereg and meatburger. Any addition to your comment is not necessary imo :>.
    IEE. subtype.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    It's definately my favourite description of IEE. Before I read this article I had hesitated between ENFp and ENTp.

And I fully agree with tereg and meatburger. Any addition to your comment is not necessary imo :>.

While maybe not necessary, I should point out that I think the video above is a good example of and how someone like me feels when I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable in an setting.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post

This same thing happens with my LSI dad. He will ask me to get some tool and explain to me where it is, and i will also just feel this immediate nervousness, an instant panic because i actually doubt my ability to find it. How hillarious lol. What then can happen is i get tunnel vision due to the extra stress i put on myself and dont think straight. My dad constantly watches me like a hawk when i do something, and that is fucken confidence destroying.

This happens to me with my LSI dad. I relate to the bolded part especially.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post

While maybe not necessary, I should point out that I think the video above is a good example of and how someone like me feels when I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable in an setting.
    I feel the same in surrounding. Funny video, because in such social 'events' I make the same gestures as Zach and ... you . In these situations I try hard to loosen up - I don't want to appear as stiff especially with new people. And I agree that it's hard.
    I decided to comment your post wider, because I remember when I was in concert of Ukrainian rock band. I was sitting next to ESFp and we both were in a good mood. So I started to sing loudly and after that we were singing loudly together (what we could repeat, because we don't know this language). 5 minutes later rows near us sang with the band (but it was rather a screaming) and started a huuuuuge wave through the concert hall. 20 minutes later we all rose to dance.
    And through all this time me and ESFp were shy . In the end, we were extremely happy and we wanted more . And as you wrote - I feel comfortable, when I have someone to have fun with.

Also, I have hard time with 'fully' showing my apprecation and feelings. It doesn't mean that I can't do it at all.
    - Awwwwww, thank yooouu, you have no idea how important it was for me! ^_^ - types often think that I don't enjoy a present etc., but it's false impression.
    Last edited by Chocolate; 05-17-2008 at 10:11 AM.
    IEE. subtype.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    Also, I have hard time with 'fully' showing my apprecation and feelings. It doesn't mean that I can't do it at all.
    - Awwwwww, thank yooouu, you have no idea how important it was for me! ^_^ - types often think that I don't enjoy a present etc., but it's false impression.
    I understand this as well. I don't want to be too expressive in my gratitude, but I still want to demonstrate that I am thankful. So, it's a bit of a challenge to find the happy medium, because I do want to just be completely and fully expressive, but I hold back a lot because I get the impression that showing too much in these situations doesn't come across like I intended.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly.
    If I show that I'm thankful in my way, valuers usually appreciate it. For it's too little.
    IEE. subtype.