View Poll Results: Do you identify 100% with one type?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • 106 100.00%

Thread: basic/supporting styles

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default basic/supporting styles

Just ran across this

Our personality is comprised of these 16 styles, each exerting a certain influence over us. Some styles play heavily in our personality, others are virtually non-existent. Some people have no predominant style and are instead very well-rounded. Still, everyone has one style that is predominant, and we can refer to that as what I call the basic style. The few styles immediately behind the basic style, but also play an important role in your personality are what I have termed supporting styles. In most people, there is one basic style with about 2-5 supporting styles, and the rest of the styles play a moderate to zero influence.
    http://www.geocities.com/lifexplore/oldham.htm

I'm thinking that maybe this is why a lot of people on this forum are encountering difficulties with identifying with one type. Maybe they have no dominant style. But who knows again =p

What everyone thinks also about the basic/ supportive style theory? Does it stand?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like a differnt form of subtype theory.

I'm a Ti subtype, I know it.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, no, no it's not a subtype theory. "style" means "type"

It's the Oldham types they refer to here. They are 16 types, like in socionics.

I find it natural that you are confident about your Ti. I am also confident and know that I am good with Te
    In fact you are + - I am - +

If I am Ti dominant, I am also Te, right? It goes hand in hand.

I mean you have to see what is there firstly and then make associations, correlations with other observations of the facts.

And for you, in turn, it comes quite easy to systemize the facts that you see. It's only natural to put the facts in some order, isn't it?

BTW Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually test as Leisurely because the best fit type is not part of the assessment. I think that the Inventive Type fits me better, which is Dave Kelly's work:
    Description: The following ten traits and characteristics are typical of the Inventive personality type.

Idealized self-image. Individuals of the Inventive type develop highly idealized images of themselves with which they identify and which they love. The person is his idealized self and seems to adore it (Glad, 494).

Subdued demeanor. Persons of the Inventive type are energetic, but phlegmatic in temperament. "They can be quiet, rather private, subdued in demeanor, and have artistic interests and aesthetic sensibilities (Riso, 102)."

Attention. Individuals of the Inventive type have a tendency to behave in such a way as to attract attention. "They can be subtle show-offs, but show-offs nonetheless (Riso, 103)."

Openness to culture. The Inventive person has unusual thought processes, values intellectual matters, and judges in unconventional terms. He or she is aesthetically reactive and has a wide range of interests (McCrae and John).

Intelligence. "Intelligence will typically be emphasized in their self-images and social dealings." They put great stock in their ideas and demand that others do likewise (Riso, 103).

Competence. The faith of those of the Inventive type is "in their ability to improvise something, and they display an unusual talent for rising to the expediency of a situation (Keirsey, 184)." Their focus is on competent excellence in performance.

Innovation. The Inventive type maintains an independent view and is "the most reluctant of all the types to do things in a particular manner just because that is the way things always have been done (Keirsey, 183)." They are inventors and innovators.

Cleverness. They are mentally bright and quick-witted. For those of the Inventive type "to be taken in, to be manipulated by another, is humiliating; this offends their joy in being masters of the art of oneupmanship (Keirsey, 185)."

Status. They are highly competitive in pursuit of success and prestige. They want very much to be outstanding in some way (Riso, 103), to gain recognition, even fame and glory.

Self-consciousness Persons of the Inventive type look to others for approval (Reich, 47). They are very conscious of how others treat them (Riso, 103) and highly sensitive to criticism (Oldham, 89) and negative evaluation.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still split between ENFp and ENTp, to a degree. I might consider ENFj, but my Ni isn't conscious OR creative, and my hyper-ness isn't emotional enough; it's always about ideas for things to do and ways to change things, not about my relationships with other people or how I "feel."

Oldham's Inventive fits me suprisingly well.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only part of being ENTp that I don't relate to I think is the dual seeking function.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    The only part of being ENTp that I don't relate to I think is the dual seeking function.
    LOL

I disagree.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then you probably haven't had a relationship with an ISFp. I think it's the biggest part of what I identify with as far being ENTp goes, with perhaps the exception of Ne dominance.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been with at least one, prolly 2 ISFps.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    LOL

I disagree.
    I don't see it...
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been with at least one, prolly 2 ISFps.
    I think the dual-seeking is what makes me absolutely sure about my ENxp-ity. I have an ISFp "friend," and whenever I'm around her, I just feel like I can be natural, and not have to worry about being judged. It's not a conscious thing; it's like someone's got the key to my little inner safe where the fun-loving, happy-go-lucky me is stored for good times.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree as well... even I can tell that you're an Si whore.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gugu baba wrote,

http://www.geocities.com/lifexplore/oldham.htm

I'm thinking that maybe this is why a lot of people on this forum are encountering difficulties with identifying with one type. Maybe they have no dominant style. But who knows again =p

What everyone thinks also about the basic/ supportive style theory? Does it stand?
    Based on what is said on the page, I seem to have only one style. It's great to know that I am boring one-dimensional. Another reason why I should live.

Sadly, Rocky wrote:

Joy wrote:

I disagree as well... even I can tell that you're an Si whore.
    Remember the ideals of the Delta movement Rocky? *shakes head *

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was just being honest in saying that she shows a need for Si... i wasn't really calling her a "whore" in that sense. she's a "whore" for Si in the same way a politician is a whore for votes.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-pokeball

lol poor Rocky. *adjusts subjects*

So what/how/why/when exactly, uhm, is Joy *ahem* Si hording? Im curious hehe this is kinda cool.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh! I just thought of another manifestation of my dual seeking function. I LOVE being fed good food.

My boss takes me out to eat most days (except when he cooks), and it's great. He's joked that I'm going to lose weight once I'm doing inspections by myself. He's prolly right.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky wrote:
    i was just being honest in saying that she shows a need for Si... i wasn't really calling her a "whore" in that sense. she's a "whore" for Si in the same way a politician is a whore for votes.
    Yeah...... I know there's more to it than that, Delta compadre. Speaking of which, I haven't seen many of us around lately.

Jadae wrote:
    So what/how/why/when exactly, uhm, is Joy *ahem* Si hording? Im curious hehe this is kinda cool.
    haha, I see you enjoy being on the sidelines, entertained by others disputes... For some reason, I find this funny.

Creepy-pokeball