Thread: Ne: acting like yourself?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ne: acting like yourself?

Is wondering about your true mode of behavior a result of strong Ne? I've always acted differently around different people. People have different expectations and so on... this is probably why I can't talk on the phone in front of other people. What do you think?
    I(N)Tj

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've just convinced me that it is, because I do the exact same thing all the time. Although, I think it might have something to do with weak Si/distorted self-image.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I don’t know. I too do the same thing you described and I don’t think I posses a strong .

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, I have strong and I more notice that people act differently around me than I around them. There are very few people who don't act totally different one on one with me than than do when other people are around.

I'm going to suggest that it's your trying to adjust to the situation.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I don't know, I have strong and I more notice that people act differently around me than I around them. There are very few people who don't act totally different one on one with me than than do when other people are around.

I'm going to suggest that it's your trying to adjust to the situation.
    might be a culprit here. Enfps can be ripped in to pieces trying to adjust to different people present at the same ocassion. At least inwardly there can be conflict.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See, for me it's not me saying to myself "Oh here comes that girl, I have to act all hot-shot...quick, strike a pose!" or something. It's just natural: around some people, I act like a goofball, around others I'm more quiet/thoughtful.

Remember, Joy? ENTp = Greatest social chameleon

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah... I know how to present myself, but I wouldn't say that's exactly "social". Those people aren't my friends.

I guess the way I act depends more on my mood than anything. I don't know, it still seems that I act however I want to and the people around me change more than I do. It's intersting to observe. People are so easily drawn out when there's no one else around, but I don't act all that differently depending on who I'm talking to.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know where you're coming from; there's definitely a mood factor to it. When I'm in a wierd mood sometimes, I just won't say anything to anyone unless they bug me, in which case it's usually a sacrastic/snide remark.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    See, for me it's not me saying to myself "Oh here comes that girl, I have to act all hot-shot...quick, strike a pose!" or something. It's just natural: around some people, I act like a goofball, around others I'm more quiet/thoughtful.

Remember, Joy? ENTp = Greatest social chameleon
    Thats what I meant too. Only what happens when two very different types of people show up at the same time? You want to give attention to both, and in the way you normally relate to them but someone is going to have to get the shaft or youre going to have to go neutral, or dismiss yourself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK that was me and as long as Im replying again I guess I can add that this dillema comes up less and less for me. I think Im more consistently crazy or sane with most everyone now. I dont find myself shifting with different people as much. Maybe its because I spend more time alone now than I did before. I dunno....?

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dunno... i think i used to do that. i hated it, because my feeling is that i ought to be consistent no matter who i'm with, but it was almost automatic. i tended to shy away from people even more because i disliked it when i'm like that. but i'm not doing it so much now, as i've been working on why it is that i didn't feel i could display essentially the same face to everyone, and i think i must have succeeded in addressing it somewhat. though sometimes when i'm among strangers i still catch myself at it, with acquaintances i care less, and am more confident of being myself regardless of what people may think.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ENTps more change based on the situation and their mood than they do the actual people. Anyone can tell you how inconsistant ENTps are.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

edit
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

PS: Either way, silly or serious, it's myself. Both sides are me, so when I adjust my behavior, I don't act like someone I'm not.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love how can be a dick, even though he's an INFp.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I act around a person depends on how I feel about them, if I want them to like me, what mood I'm in.

If I like them a lot, I will act more polite and thoughtful. The only problem is I am kinda boring like this.

If I want someone to like me I try to adapt to them, and fill in whatever whole is missing chemistry-wise. I am pretty good at this, although it is draining.

If I am in a good mood I will act all happy and random. A bad mood makes me sulky and irritable, prone to snap.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I act around a person depends on how I feel about them, if I want them to like me, what mood I'm in.

If I like them a lot, I will act more polite and thoughtful. The only problem is I am kinda boring like this.

If I want someone to like me I try to adapt to them, and fill in whatever hole is missing chemistry-wise. I am pretty good at this, although it is draining.

If I am in a good mood I will act all happy and random. A bad mood makes me sulky and irritable, prone to snap.

Oh, and the point, lol: seems to be a function of inconsistancy. Very dynamic, but unpredictable. I am myself when I am using the Ne primarily, but what this means about exactly how I'll be acting is impossible to say.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your description, Joe. I was actually thinking of something similar to this in relation to my behavior around my roommate: he's so (being ISTj) that I think being around him makes my pull out more and , both of which are stressful for me to use (which would exlpain alot...)

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding is that the Ne function is an information input function, not a judging function.

Also, for one to "wonder about [one's] trude mode of behavior" would require introspecting upon and judging self's behavior. This puts it into the realm of Fi or Ti, not Ne.

Fi functions on internal harmony. As such, the behavior and actions of an Fi user would coincide with their internal emotions, aka mood.

Fe functions on external harmony. As such, the behavior and actions of an Fe user would adjust to the social situation.

Growing up, females are strongly encouraged to use their Fe functions. For an ENFP this creates conflicts within their self. Yes, it does rip them apart. It can even destroy their relationships with others. Especially when at some point, self preservation kicks in with the Fi function and says "Enough!"

People don't take kindly to that sudden switch. If these switches occur regularly and in a variety of settings, a psychologist may label it as "borderline personality disorder" (one form of it), and/or if aggression is involved, then may include "intermittent explosive disorder".
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Creepy-pokeball

Im not buying you tacos.