4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Corresponding blocks

1. active will - first and fifth functions
    2. authority - second and sixth functions
    3. neurosis - third and seventh functions
    4. phobia - fourth and eighth functions

Can someone perhaps explain the significance of these blocks? Until then, I have a small, general speculation that I would like to share.

I noticed that the 'phobia' block includes the fourth and eighth functions, and I've been thinking on how this works in the INTp. I know that the fourth function in the INTp, , causes us to develop a phobia of emotional conflict; I can smell a developing conflict a mile away, and I always try to get away from there before it develops any further. But then I was thinking about the eighth function, , and how it develops into a phobia. So, I came up with this:

The eighth function in introverts is a gateway into schizophrenic tendencies. I've experienced some very mild schizophrenia in the past, and the symptoms may have described an unhealthy . For example, I used to be afraid to walk into crowded rooms, because I thought that everyone could hear what I was thinking. When the room suddenly fell silent, I would stand there trying to fight off dark and dirty thoughts, thinking that someone might hear me.

I remember one certain INTj on this forum (I forget the guy's name) describing some schizophrenic tendencies he had in the past that may correspond with an unhealthy . He said that he used to think everything was connected in some way, and he would find the strangest patterns between occurences that have no meaning in reality. I would suspect that an INFj, since his eighth function is also , would have tendencies related to this, only more oriented towards people.

And then I wonder about INFps and ENTps and how this works in them. I know my INFp mother said that she often initially puts new people she meets in a negative view, as if perhaps they were out to get her. I don't know if this is a negative reaction of , maybe someone can clear this up?

Anyway, this should be interesting.

Your INTp friend,

Cone
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The function of least resistance would definitly be a phobia because everyone is ashamed of not having it developed, and it causes a lot of stress. Stress/humiliation is something we fear. The other function that is our phobia is our function of concrete act/art?. This function can cause us to act agressive or arrogant, because it is called a strong function. This makes us need to deffend our view on it, even if its subconcious. If you ever observe an INTp and INTj arguing they both try to dodge each other's questions because they expose an aspect of reality that the other is afraid to admit exists. It's existance scares the person at hand. Both INTp and INTj seem to have an opinion about math, but the INTp is most likely better at manipulating variables and seeing recursion instantly into the future in the form of a transformation. The INTp can see many events happening at once progressing over time. The INTj is scared to lack this (you can tell they lack, since they are always late and don't see points of refference into the future). On the other hand the INTj can see correlations between different objects, and because of his can visualize many truths at once in an animated temporal canvas. This ability also scares the INTp because of their supposedly confident aspect of reality that they aren't so good at.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the board, Slava! And I must say, good entrance.

I do see where you're coming from with the function of concrete art.

On the other hand the INTj can see correlations between different objects, and because of his can visualize many truths at once in an animated temporal canvas. This ability also scares the INTp because of their supposedly confident aspect of reality that they aren't so good at.
    Well, you definitely spotted my weakness. It's this lack of being able to "see correlations between different objects" that lets me make poor judgements on which of my observed behaviors correlates with whatever function. I get corrected alot on this forum.

But then, what really causes these strange schizophrenic phobias?

Oh, and by the way: Ni isn't just predicting the future, as many of you guys like to think. It's also a function of pattern recognition, observation, and perspective-shifting (according to Labyrinth.)

Or how about I ask this: are you guys going to answer my proposed question, or just avoid it, since it has somewhat to do with the realm of Ni?

Anyway, your INTp friend,

Cone
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, of course.

Here's what I've seen in myself about the authority block ( -- ). I have an overactive , thus my is more pronounced in me than in other INTps. I have an air of INFj about me, as I'm quite shy, inward, and moralistic, and I think this is what draws me so much to my INFj friend (and what draws him to me.) I know another INTp of whom I barely talk to. He has a weaker Te, and thus he's alot more pushy, outward, and sexually perverted. And then there's the INTp who's in Germany now through the foreign exchange program. He has a slightly weaker Te than me, although stronger than the former INTp. He was a nice person, loved Albert Einstein, bit more outward than me.

Of course, I live in a world of inferior Se, of whom my friends are ENFj, ENTj, INFj, INTj, and ISTj and ISTj cousin (who can't help me anyway.) This will make you inward, indeed.

Interesting, it seems that all my friends are judging types, and I'm a perceiving type...

Your INTp friend,

Cone