Thread: my list of Socionics types of anime characters

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Resonare View Post
    @Chae Any help with typing Casshern Sins?

Sophita - SEE is the most I've got
    Hm... IEI for Casshern. Braiking LSI, Dio LIE. Luna - same as Casshern. Ringo EIE.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naruto is the most obviously SEE SEE of all SEE's in all of anime.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Hm... IEI for Casshern. Braiking LSI, Dio LIE. Luna - same as Casshern. Ringo EIE.
    Those make sense.

How sure are you on IEI for Casshern? I was thinking ILI-Ni but not quite sure.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Those make sense.

How sure are you on IEI for Casshern? I was thinking ILI-Ni but not quite sure.
    It's a close tie, I'm 60% sure. His overall theme seemed too humanitarian and less stoic to me, although a lot of his quotes I've read seem to value Fi. Could be the demonstrative. The Seiyuu is ethical for sure.

But: If Casshern is enneagram 4 or 9, then ILI-Ni it is.

Any thoughts on his use of versus ?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@jaded whore You love Mai because she's your dual

Aang: IEE
    Katara: ESE
    Sokka: ILE, Se role function for sure as he naturally tries to mobilize everyone and to be the "big" man but in the end it leads to ridicule because it's a weak function. Ne is his real forte and his Ti and Te are both strong.
    Toph: SLI, blatant Ip and Katara is her superviser imo.
    Yue/Suki: SEI, though Yue could be IEI.
    Zuko: LSI, look at all the weak N. When you account for his blatant Ij temperament he can only be ESI or LSI and there's no way he has strong Fe. The way he strictly obeys the hierarchical figure of his father at the start of the series is quite Beta. LSI are very uptight teachers, and notice the similarity between Zuko and Cang Du (ISTj) from Bleach.
    Mai: ILI, the edgy, gloomy and inactive Ni subtype kind.
    Ty Lee:
    Azula: LIE-Te and my favorite character, figures . Her breakdown at the end screamed Se HA; "everything needs to stop resisting me! I am powerful!" and notice how she's extremely dominant in day to day activities yet romantically she is the type to be courted? Pseudo-Aggressor. Also, her attempt at courting Chan is literally her just rambling Te facts + Ni sequence of events.
    I agree with most of these, though I prefer EIE for Azula. Maybe SEI for Ty Lee. Also, IEI for Iroh and SLE (or LSI) for Admiral Zhao.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I agree with most of these, though I prefer EIE for Azula. Maybe SEI for Ty Lee. Also, IEI for Iroh and SLE (or LSI) for Admiral Zhao.
    I can't see Azula as an ethical type tbh, I think LIE-Te 8w7 with developed Se HA makes the most sense for her.

I'd type Iroh as SEI because he places a lot of emphasis on creating Si harmony with his green tea obsession and his Se doesn't seem weak to me but rather it seems unvalued. Zhao is some kind of logical sensory type from what I remember.

No clue for Ty Lee but I'd guess ENFp even though she seemed more like an Alpha.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teen Titans
    Robin - LSI
    Starfall - ESE
    Cyborg - LSE
    Raven - ILI
    Beast Boy - ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    It's a close tie, I'm 60% sure. His overall theme seemed too humanitarian and less stoic to me, although a lot of his quotes I've read seem to value Fi. Could be the demonstrative. The Seiyuu is ethical for sure.

But: If Casshern is enneagram 4 or 9, then ILI-Ni it is.

Any thoughts on his use of versus ?
    Not sure how I missed this post. I think he's Fi HA, he roams over the world listening to the stories of doomed robots and watches over/helps them as they complete their final goals before being ruined. He also has moments like the below that sort of scream Fi HA.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not sure how I missed this post. I think he's Fi HA, he roams over the world listening to the stories of doomed robots and watches over/helps them as they complete their final goals before being ruined. He also has moments like the below that sort of scream Fi HA.

No problem. And agreed, Fi indeed. Congratsss we have another type down Idk about teen titans, I'm not familiar with the series.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kill La Kill
    > Ryuko - ESI
    > Mako - IEE
    > Dr Matoi - ILI
    > Senketsu - SLI
    > Mikisugi - IEI
    > Kinagase - LSI

> Satsuki - LIE
    > Gamagori - LSE
    > Jakuzure - EIE
    > Inumata - LII
    > Sanegayama - SLE

> Ragyo - LIE
    > Nui - IEE
    > Hourimaru - ESI

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re-I Mayer from Ergo Proxy - LSI

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thought about Luffy's type again, considering ESE. Put simply, his entire existence can be summarized by enthusiasm and food

In more detail:

Fe - the optimistic atmosphere surrounded by people to spend a good time with, the nakama. Loudly energizing others to enjoy their life. Gathering everyone and having fun despite all hardship. Constant excitement and skill appreciation is going on, even people who kill the vibe (see Robin) are "converted"! Nobody is excluded here unless they want to destroy the company and cannot be made to join, very democratic approach.
    Si - providing comfort and festivity - constant banquets and celebrations - by occasion, backed up by strong Se demonstrative that fends off enemies that threaten the company & keeps the pursuit going as a byproduct. Luffy always gets what he wants but he doesn't value conflict behavior and strength displays/comparison just because, except for fun purposes.
    Ne - exploration, curiosity about the "One Piece", interest in all sorts of people (even wanting to invite them to his crew) and new places. Creativity - jokes and peculiarities of life - coming up with new techniques for his ability. Naivety, open-mindedness, endless possibility as Luffy's area of expansion.

It makes more sense having Luffy as the Alpha epitome of merriness, the "Enthusiast" is pretty fitting. Also, Zoro being LSI, a strong Ti-Fe core of the pirate crew seems to work out better than having conflictors (LSI-IEE) or a supervisory relationship (LSI-SEE). Despite his lack of Ti, he seems oddly Ej caregiving about his journey Input on this?

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae ESE is possible but all the nakama friendship stuff seems sort of Fi-valuing e.g. Natsu from Fairy Tail (SEE), Ichigo from Bleach (ESI) etc.

I haven't watched the latest episodes though.

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Mob from Mob Psycho 100 is ESI ISFj and his boss Arataka Reigen is LIE ENTj.

*random giggle fit, struggles to breathe*

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parasyte:

Shinichi Izumi - ESI
    Migi - ILI
    Mamora Uda - EII
    Reiko Tamura - LIE

I am most confident in my typing with Migi. Shinichi was difficult to type because he went from shy loner boy and all of his core values get challenged once Migi is in him and he fights Parasites. Same with Mamora Uda. Reiko Tamura is a Parasite like Migi but both her and Migi start developing signs of empathy and gain human values after spending time with humans. So it's like Migi and Reiko gained humanity while Shinichi and Uda lost theirs in place of great power to fight.

Admittedly I had a hard time getting in to this show at first due to the gore, but then there were a lot of theories and concepts challenging the universe through the Parasite's growth when they initially gave the impression to be sociopathic parasites that just live to feed on the living. After a while I got past the gore and started looking at the concept as a universal concept.

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psycho Pass (season 1, because that's all I've seen, and definitely one of my all-time favorites along with Parasyte and Ergo Proxy because of how it challenged my thinking)

Shogo Makishima - LIE
    Shinya Kogami - LSI
    Akane Tsunemori - IEI
    Nobuchika Ginoza - SLI
    Tomomi Masaoka - EIE
    Yayoi Kunizuka - ESI
    Shuusei Kagari - SEE
    Shion Karanomori - SLE

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monster:

Dr. Tenma - IEI
    Grimmer () - ILE
    Nina - LIE
    Johan - LII
    Lunge - SLI
    Eva - LSE
    Dieter - ESI

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One Punch Man:

Saitama - LII
    Genos - SEI
    Mumen Rider - ESI
    Sonic - LIE
    Puri Puri Prisoner - SLE
    Tornado - ESE

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Annie Leonhart - "You need a lot of courage to go against the greater flow. I respect that...but that doesn't mean you're not an idiot."

INTp > ISTp?

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Claymore
    Clare: INFj
    Raki: ENFp
    Teresa: ESTj
    Irene: ISTj
    Priscilla: INFj
    Miria: ENTj
    Helen: ENFj
    Deneve: ISTj
    Jean: ISFj
    Galatea: ESFj
    Ophelia: ENFj
    Undine: ESTp
    Flora: INFp
    Isley: ESTj
    Riful: ENTp
    Dauf: ISFp

Miria is tricky but I'm fairly sure about the others.

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Annie Leonhart - "You need a lot of courage to go against the greater flow. I respect that...but that doesn't mean you're not an idiot."

INTp > ISTp?
    I've always seen her as LII. Seems to be a Ti dom.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mintwind View Post
    I've always seen her as LII. Seems to be a Ti dom.
    I'm fairly sure she is Fe-polr...

Quote Originally Posted by sociotype.com
    A type with Fe PoLR does not see the point of activities revolving around excessive displays of emotion or behavior that does not reach a concrete or tangible outcome. They would rather keep conversations serious and to the point, for he/she is overwhelmed by such emotional expression, making it quite difficult to express themselves. In social interactions they will make a serious effort to reduce their level of emotive expressiveness such as being too joyful or sad, believing that showing these signs will make them vulnerable to be influenced by others. They don't hold quite a high standard for how people as a group feel about something (even if outnumbered by many when making a personal decision), and instead value situations where they can speak their own subjective opinions and feelings freely.
    The total lack of emotion from 6:06 onward sort of screams Fe-polr. Things like "You need a lot of courage to go against the greater flow. I respect that." (Se suggestive) and "I don't care if I'm swept along by the flow." point toward ILI.

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm fairly sure she is Fe-polr...

The total lack of emotion from 6:06 onward sort of screams Fe-polr. Things like "You need a lot of courage to go against the greater flow. I respect that." (Se suggestive) and "I don't care if I'm swept along by the flow." point toward ILI.
    I can't see the video, it is blocked in my country. But you do have a point. I think Armin was able to connect with her, but that's about it. And she did kick Petra in to a tree with no fucks given. I wasn't a big Petra fan but still. My Levi plush just winced over in the corner. We usually don't rescue Annie in Wings of Freedom missions. >.>

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp > ISTp?
    She can be SLE.

TIM
    FLVE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Also, if anyone here has seen Hellsing, I would like some input. I do think Alucard is LIE. I'm not sure about Integra. It would make sense for them to be duals, but i don't know. ESI for her seems a bit off. Hellsing is like, an extreme Gamma-ish anime.
    On my first impression I thought that Integra was LSI, however I could see her being an Ethical.

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lupin the 3rd

Lupin: LIE
    Jigen: SLI
    Goemon: ESI

Slam Dunk

Hanamichi Sakuraji: ESE
    Kaede Rukawa: SLI
    Last edited by Marep; 12-27-2020 at 11:28 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marep View Post
    Slam Dunk

Hanamichi Sakuraji: ESE
    Kaede Rukawa: SLI
    I think Sakuraji is SEE because he is similar to Naruto a lot who is also SEE.
    For Rukawa I think LSI or ESI...

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    I think Sakuraji is SEE because he is similar to Naruto a lot who is also SEE.
    For Rukawa I think LSI or ESI...
    Rukawa: he's portrayed as somewhat lazy, often late and sleeping in class, often getting nervous when others disturb his peace or try to boss him around (Si valued, Se devalued).
    He doesn't care about emotional expression or the Fe environment around him (I can see EIEs/ESEs calling such a person 'rude') .
    Also, he seems to treat basketball as both a passion and a mean for self realization. He doesn't appear to be after power/money/fame at all.

(Takenori Akaji, on the other hand, is a clear LSI)

Hanamichi: I don't know, he and his sense of humour somehow reminds of the actor Chris Tucker (ESE-Fe). Also, the relationship dynamics between him and Haruko just follow the general pattern of the Caretaker-childlike romancing style. I can hardly see a SEE being so interested in such a person or acting so goofy next to his lover.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marep View Post
    Rukawa: he's portrayed as somewhat lazy, often late and sleeping in class, often getting nervous when others disturb his peace or try to boss him around (Si valued, Se devalued).
    He doesn't care about emotional expression or the Fe environment around him (I can see EIEs/ESEs calling such a person 'rude') .
    Also, he seems to treat basketball as both a passion and a mean for self realization. He doesn't appear to be after power/money/fame at all.

(Takenori Akaji, on the other hand, is a clear LSI)

Hanamichi: I don't know, he and his sense of humour somehow reminds of the actor Chris Tucker (ESE-Fe). Also, the relationship dynamics between him and Haruko just follow the general pattern of the Caretaker-childlike romancing style. I can hardly see a SEE being so interested in such a person or acting so goofy next to his lover.

I read more about Rukawa and yep SLI seems correct (very Si).

Hanimichi is a clear SEE. Precisly SEE-Se. That's what I'm sure of the most because I have seen this kind of SEE in both real life and anime. And SEE can be really goofy, I know of an SEE-SEI relationship where the SEE acts goofy around his SEI girlfriend.

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fist of the North Star

Kenshiro: ESI
    Toki: EII
    Raoh: LSI

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dragon Ball

Goku, SLI
    Vegeta, IEE
    Krilin, ILE
    Bulma, IEE
    Piccolo, SLI
    Tien Shinhan, LSE
    Master Roshi, ILE
    Yamcha, IEE
    Son Gohan, IEE
    Trunks (kid), IEE
    Trunks (adult), SLI
    King Piccolo, SLE
    Raditz, SLE
    Frieza, LIE
    Ginyu Force, beta quadra
    Dr Gero, LII
    Mr Satan, SEE
    Chi Chi, EII
    Chiaotzu, EII
    Kami, LII
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Itazura na kiss
    Irie Naoki ILI-Te
    Aihara Kotoko SEE
    Yuuki ILI?
    Irie Machiko EIE/ESE
    Kinnosuke SEE/EIE

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr Stone:

Senku: Ti-ILE
    Chrome: SEI
    Gen: ILE
    Kinrō: Ti-LSI
    Kohaku: Se-ESI
    Magma: SLE
    Tsukasa: Se-LSI
    Taiju: ESE or SEE
    Last edited by Averroes; 12-13-2019 at 02:48 PM.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vinland Saga

Thorfinn: Fe-IEI or a really desensitized and emo Se-ESI
    Askeladd: Ti-SLE
    Canute: Ni-EIE
    Thorkell: Se-SLE
    Willibald: Ni-IEI
    Thors: SLI saint

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind

Giorno Giovanna: Fe-IEI
    Bucciarati: Beta rational
    Abacchio: Se-LSI
    Mista: SEE
    Narancia: xEI
    Trish: IEI
    Fugo: IEE

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

Josuke: Se-xSI
    Okuyasu: Se-SxE
    Jotaro: LSI
    Koichi: IEI

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jojo’s BA: Stardust Crusaders

Jotaro: Se-LSI
    Kakkyoin: EIE
    Joseph: Te-LIE
    Avdol: Se-ESI
    Polnareff: Se-SxE
    Dio: Ni-EIE

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beastars:

Legosi: Some NF
    Louis: EIE
    Haru: Gamma SF
    Last edited by Averroes; 12-13-2019 at 03:47 PM.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K-On:

Yui: Ne-IEE
    Ritsu: ILE
    Mugi: SEI
    Mio: EII
    Azusa: SLI
    Sawako: Fi-IEE

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Averroes View Post
    Dr Stone:

Senku: Ti-ILE
    Chrome: SEI
    Gen: ILE
    Kinrō: Ti-LSI
    Kohaku: Se-ESI
    Magma: SLE
    Tsukasa: Se-LSI
    Taiju: ESE or SEE
    I got more of an LIE vibe from Senku. He seems way too forceful and goal oriented to be ILE.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234