Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 70 of 70

Thread: ENTps do you see ISFps as better than yourself?

  1. #41
    Baqer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    ILE-De
    Posts
    481
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No. I'm better than SEI's.

  2. #42
    The Darling Duck~ MissDucki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    In a dark room somewhere
    TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Posts
    1,547
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    No. I'm better than SEI's.

    Can you say it a little louder please? I can’t hear you!

  3. #43
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    12,933
    Mentioned
    1297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    “O, wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as others see us!
    It wad frae monie a blunder free us,
    An' foolish notion.”


    ― Robert Burns,

  4. #44
    Baqer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    ILE-De
    Posts
    481
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Can you say it a little louder please? I can’t hear you!
    Well I meant in general. Individually, I am equal to everyone else. I'm better than all SEI's, except for all the ones that I know.

  5. #45
    The Darling Duck~ MissDucki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    In a dark room somewhere
    TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Posts
    1,547
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    Well I meant in general. Individually, I am equal to everyone else. I'm better than all SEI's, except for all the ones that I know.
    Oh? So are you better then me hmm? Am I not your equal?

  6. #46
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    12,933
    Mentioned
    1297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Oh? So are you better then me hmm? Am I not your equal?

    "If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?"

  7. #47
    Baqer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    ILE-De
    Posts
    481
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Oh? So are you better then me hmm? Am I not your equal?
    Noooooo, i'm equal to you. When we're talking.

  8. #48
    The Darling Duck~ MissDucki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    In a dark room somewhere
    TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Posts
    1,547
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    Noooooo, i'm equal to you. When we're talking.
    When we’re taking? So the rest of the time you think I am beneath you?!? Don’t make me get the spray bottle

  9. #49
    Baqer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    ILE-De
    Posts
    481
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    When we’re taking? So the rest of the time you think I am beneath you?!? Don’t make me get the spray bottle
    Well there's you, and then there's the abstract idea of all SEI's. When I stop talking to you, you morph back into that abstract idea inside of my head. This also means that technically I don't think you're beneath me, simply that you cease to exist inside my head when I stop talking to you.

  10. #50
    The Darling Duck~ MissDucki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    In a dark room somewhere
    TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Posts
    1,547
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    Well there's you, and then there's the abstract idea of all SEI's. When I stop talking to you, you morph back into that abstract idea inside of my head. This also means that technically I don't think you're beneath me, simply that you cease to exist inside my head when I stop talking to you.
    You’re contradicting yourself bud, you say that you are better than SEI’s in general but I get morphed back into the abstract SEI…aka I disappear and beneath you

    Im not getting the squirt bottle, I’m getting the freaking water gun!!

  11. #51
    Baqer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    ILE-De
    Posts
    481
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    You’re contradicting yourself bud, you say that you are better than SEI’s in general but I get morphed back into the abstract SEI…aka I disappear and beneath you

    Im not getting the squirt bottle, I’m getting the freaking water gun!!
    Nononononono I'm not contradicting myself, I'm simply implying that you're in a quantum superposition between being equal and below me at any given time, and when observed you condense into becoming equal.

  12. #52
    The Darling Duck~ MissDucki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    In a dark room somewhere
    TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Posts
    1,547
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    Nononononono I'm not contradicting myself, I'm simply implying that you're in a quantum superposition between being equal and below me at any given time, and when observed you condense into becoming equal.
    I an equal all the time dammit! You’re a dirty dirty badger who needs to be sprayed with a squirt gun!!! To be nice I’ll give you a ten second head start.

    (Edit: Just for reference I am joking btw)
    Last edited by MissDucki; 10-08-2021 at 09:30 AM.

  13. #53
    chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    TIM
    ILE-pars pro toto
    Posts
    3,225
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Noooo... Poor SEI.
    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."

    -Carl Jung



  14. #54
    BaruchJorgell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'll seize the opportunity given by this topic to give an advice to young ILEs.

    In my country, schoolteachers entering the profession have to spend a fraction of their work time to follow some job-related courses.
    I happen to pass in front of the school in which the courses take place, when I go jogging.

    Every time, I find a peculiar concentration of young (23-26) SEI women. Almost all well-dressed, attractive, and non-accompanied.

  15. #55
    Baqer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    ILE-De
    Posts
    481
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaruchJorgell View Post
    I'll seize the opportunity given by this topic to give an advice to young ILEs.

    In my country, schoolteachers entering the profession have to spend a fraction of their work time to follow some job-related courses.
    I happen to pass in front of the school in which the courses take place, when I go jogging.

    Every time, I find a peculiar concentration of young (23-26) SEI women. Almost all well-dressed, attractive, and non-accompanied.
    "Please officer you don't understand, I creep by the elementary school to look at the teachers, not the children!"

  16. #56
    The cutest type Luna Lovegood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Hogwarts
    TIM
    Thinking
    Posts
    914
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    "Please officer you don't understand, I creep by the elementary school to look at the teachers, not the children!"
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome




  17. #57
    Seed my wickedness PseudoRandomBSGenerator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Spontaneous Human Combustion
    TIM
    ILE LEVF/#unfit4lyfe
    Posts
    7,075
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    SEI's as elementary school teachers. Yes, it seems to happen. One male seemed to have great time when I made parody versions of magazines back and other pupils just made regular ones.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

  18. #58
    BaruchJorgell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually the place I was referring to exclusively accomodates schoolteachers, there are no children there.

    You might find a similar place in your town. SEI's often make terrible choices when selecting a life-long partner. At least they'll have duality.

  19. #59
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    618
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's bigotry to say one personality type is better than another. However, if a person spends their weekends feeding the homeless it stands to reason that that person is, perhaps, more philanthropic than the person who spends their weekends gossiping.

  20. #60
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,935
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Many ILEs try to occupy the high ground where they might appear superior without having to express it and SEIs like to build castles on high ground to protect the occupants - a match made closest to heaven. As useful and indispensable as acolytes may be, many ILEs never seem to give them their full due, as if to say: "Without me, they'd be nothing." However, most that I'd gotten to know were rather bright scientific types.

    a.k.a. I/O

  21. #61
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    12,933
    Mentioned
    1297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Many ILEs try to occupy the high ground where they might appear superior without having to express it and SEIs like to build castles on high ground to protect the occupants - a match made closest to heaven. As useful and indispensable as acolytes may be, many ILEs never seem to give them their full due, as if to say: "Without me, they'd be nothing." However, most that I'd gotten to know were rather bright scientific types.

    a.k.a. I/O
    @Rebelondeck, I see this same behavior in the manner in which many LIEs treat ESIs. It's as if the LIE is saying, "The ESI is an OK person and is sometimes useful to me, but they are really nothing without me." I mean, you got that exactly right.

    When I first saw this behavior in LIEs, I came to understand why most LIEs, in general, are considered to be complete assholes and shitheads.


    In my own life, I was lucky to have an ESI approach me in 8th grade who wanted to talk about telescopes. I thought, "This guy looks weird and awkward as hell, but who cares? He's interested in the subject that I love best."
    Then, gradually, I stopped seeing his appearance and fell in love with the way we interacted. Lol.

    Now, if that had never happened to me, I'd just think that most of these ESIs can't think very well and occupy most of their brain space with thoughts of how they were wronged, which is not that attractive, TBH. But the really fucking weird thing is, once I'm talking to these guys, the interaction sweeps away all thoughts of discordance and I can easily see that they have most of the parts that I need to get along in the world.

  22. #62
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,935
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Adam Strange I don't see confident ESIs putting up with such behaviour for very long even though some that lack confidence have been known to be doormats. Now, confident SEIs, although often self-righteous, don't seem to look for independence from overlord-attitudes so long as relatively safe environments are provided.

    a.k.a. I/O

  23. #63
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    12,933
    Mentioned
    1297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    @Adam Strange I don't see confident ESIs putting up with such behaviour for very long even though some that lack confidence have been known to be doormats. Now, confident SEIs, although often self-righteous, don't seem to look for independence from overlord-attitudes so long as relatively safe environments are provided.

    a.k.a. I/O
    @Rebelondeck, I agree. Most (confident) ESIs would not put up with that treatment for very long. But some who are being paid well and have seen what it's like working for other bosses are more forgiving.

    And yes, you described an SEI that I work with perfectly. She doesn't seem to find my LIE-ness a deal-breaker (although I'm VERY VERY careful to keep a distance. I LIKE her more than most people, but I purposely interact with her much, much less than with almost anyone else.) but then, she gets very flexible hours so she can take care of her kids.

  24. #64
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Posts
    2,406
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    You would think that, if predictable by socionics at all, this would reside in asymmetric relationships like supervision and benefaction.

  25. #65
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,935
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    You would think that, if predictable by socionics at all, this would reside in asymmetric relationships like supervision and benefaction.
    In my understanding of information control systems, asymmetric and symmetric are somewhat meaningless adjectives. Synchronicity, efficiency and balance or lack thereof would be more meaningful. The type of information shared between duals could be considered asymmetric because its so different but the better adjective is complementary. In case I wasn't clear, lacks-of-confidence and holier-than-thou attitudes are more baggage related but natural abilities to deal with them are type related. Many ILEs appear elitist simply because of the way they like to process information but are not really that way. However, I've met more than a few who presented themselves as if they were demigods, which is baggage exacerbating that elitist aura.

    a.k.a. I/O

  26. #66
    No Chill 🔥 Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ελλάδα (Greece)
    Posts
    750
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    "Please officer you don't understand, I creep by the elementary school to look at the teachers, not the children!"
    Best response. Someone please sticky above chatbox for a day. Fucking hilarious.
    ESI-Se
    (but innovative / unconventional)
    Enneagram: No Match | AP: No Match | MBTI: Garbage


  27. #67
    Baqer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    ILE-De
    Posts
    481
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    @Adam Strange I don't see confident ESIs putting up with such behaviour for very long even though some that lack confidence have been known to be doormats. Now, confident SEIs, although often self-righteous, don't seem to look for independence from overlord-attitudes so long as relatively safe environments are provided.

    a.k.a. I/O
    Well I'd say this isn't strictly an SEI vs. ESI issue. I'd personally use the talanov functions, ESI's have Qi while SEI's have De, with Qi being much more judging and disagreeable than De(which does stand for doormaet btw). Other types that have Qi (typically) are SEE, LII, and ILE, and for De there's ESE, LIE, and ILI.

  28. #68
    The Darling Duck~ MissDucki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    In a dark room somewhere
    TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Posts
    1,547
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When I bumped this thread I found it interesting. I dont really get ILE fawning after me or worshiping the ground I walk on (*cough* as ILE men should *cough). It has often been me fawning and thinking they were better. Thankfully I have knocked them down a peg or two in my mind and dont see them as Godly as much LMAO.

    I find duals with 4D fi and Te (valued or not) tends to have stronger views of their dual like this I think. In terms of more pedestal putting initially of either themselves or devaluing the other. I like hearing what ILE's like about SEI's as I gte very self conscious about my own strengths is all.

    FYI for everyone though...if a good SEI decides to leave....you have seriously fucked up big time and long term for that to happen.

  29. #69
    Baqer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    ILE-De
    Posts
    481
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    I find duals with 4D fi and Te (valued or not) tends to have stronger views of their dual like this I think. In terms of more pedestal putting initially of either themselves or devaluing the other. I like hearing what ILE's like about SEI's as I gte very self conscious about my own strengths is all.
    Ma'am I only have strong views about interesting things, and while SEI's are very nice and fun to interact with, they're more the kind of people to show interesting things to rather than to actually try to study in depth. Which, half way through writing this comment I realize proves your point about devaluing the other so I'm going to stop typing and go stare at a wall for an hour in shame.

  30. #70
    The Darling Duck~ MissDucki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    In a dark room somewhere
    TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Posts
    1,547
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    Ma'am I only have strong views about interesting things, and while SEI's are very nice and fun to interact with, they're more the kind of people to show interesting things to rather than to actually try to study in depth. Which, half way through writing this comment I realize proves your point about devaluing the other so I'm going to stop typing and go stare at a wall for an hour in shame.


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •