Thread: Respect to healthy EIEs/ENFjs

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Respect to healthy EIEs/ENFjs

In my study of organizational behavior, there is a lot that comes across as seeing how EIEs can be really good leaders. Here is a quote from a textbook.

"However, recent efforts using the Big Five Personality Framework has generated much more encouraging results. Specifically, the traits of extraversion, conscientiousness, and openness to experience show strong and relationships to leadership"

That's right, the Big 5 tests/theory you may know of already. But also, there was a lot of talk about EQ - emotional intelligence, which I find particularly noticeable in Fe ego blockers.

I was working with an EIE this semester. I didn't particularly like him at first - because he valued other things than me, and was particularly better with people than I was. But I realize they have a special gift when it comes to leading and motivating people - when they get behind things they can really take off.

It reminds me of Bono a bit, how, the person who actually wanted to get a band and make one was the drummer, Larry Mullen Jr, but "when Bono arrived, I knew he was taking over", etc. And Bono does a lot of good things, or at least tries to. He's out there doing something.

MLK also fits in here, and so does ******. For all the bad things said about him, ****** was indisputably a great leader. He helped Germany recover quite quickly, and motivated people to do outrageous things.

Point being, although there are a lot of things I sometimes dislike, I'm learning how to work alongside of EIEs rather than in opposition to them. It can be mutually rewarding.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this was very interesting to read.

This kind of motivational abilities are something I aspire towards. I already see that sometimes it just works but only brief moments.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that ****** was an *effective* leader and not great.

Choose your words wisely.
    ENFp (IEE, intuitive Subtype)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choose your words wisely.

Why don't you just come out and say that ****** was effective and a skilled leader, but you disagree with the moral ends to which his actions went to.

You don't have to criticize my choice of words, when it actually has nothing to do with the word I used. You didn't like "Great", not because of the actual effectiveness of him, but because his ethical approach.

Minor note: - What is Fe/Ti vs Fi/Te, Alex?

PS: Granted, I do see the irony in mentioning ****** in a thread entitled "healthy EIEs"
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't get defensive, It was merely an observation which was followed by a recommendation. I was not attacking your usage of words.
    ENFp (IEE, intuitive Subtype)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Alliterator View Post
    Don't get defensive, It was merely an observation which was followed by a recommendation. I was not attacking your usage of words.
    Stop TELLING ME WHAT TO DO!!!!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to be able to relax and take a nap every once and a while, that would be healthy for me.

Last edited by EUDAEMONIUM; 09-05-2021 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Forgot image
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i was 13 when this thread was created lol