Thread: LSE's and cutting people out of their lives

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also noticed that LSE and SLIs can easily ignore people that caused them suffering. Like, if someone is bothering them or making them suffer in some unnecessary way, they simply block the person out of their life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirana View Post
    As far as I can tell from my friend, and how it turned out for her numerous suitors, it's best not to invest too much more in the LSE than the LSE is currently prepared to invest in you in case it doesn't pan out and you will get hurt more than the LSE will, do not pressure an LSE to go faster along the relationship than the LSE is prepared to go as this is a good way to become cut off (preferably without disharmony), but it certainly helps if you fit nicely into the existing inner circle, especially the innermost 'family' one. An LSE won't sacrifice this for somebody relatively new to their lives, feelings schmeelings.
    It's happened to me several times. Motsly it's when I rattle their feelings to get a feel where I stand or when I try to put the relationship on hyperspeed. I get labelled as "immature", whereas I perceive them as secretive and overreacting by cutting me off instead of explaining themselves. I try to not take it personally, but it's hard and this behaviour makes my trust issues even worse.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think any strong Te user can easily do that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

S-T types act most openly and directly with people.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Hmmm comment about LSE's and getting over things like relationships and stuff like that, or removing undesirable people from its life.

It's funny, from my perspective, after I do that, no one is ever the same. And I cannot really change that even if I want to change how I relate. It sort of just goes to this neutrality, I'm not sure how to explain it.
    13 years later, I don't feel the same

one of those NFs got to me about how relationships are basically always continuous. when I wrote the OP, I was very far away from thinking I could see, feel, or interface with any of that.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would think that Te-types would find it much harder to cut people out of their lives than would Ti-types because the latter is inherently detached, in a cognitive sense, from everything and everybody including themselves.

a.k.a. I/O

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12