Thread: Developing weaker functions

Threaded View

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will answer this with how im feeling which is constantly changing

Are people who are not in regular contact with their duals more well-rounded people?
    Interesting question. I am largely without my duals (save for a few friends i see occasionally and i am far from rounded). I would hazard a guess that people who are with their duals would be more rounded. Your dual frees you up to be yourself, relax etc. I think seeing your dual use those functions would rub off on you at least for a few days after interracting with them. Ive hung around a number of dualised individuals and they appear typically quite together.

Is working at developing your weaker functions a worthy undertaking or a fruitless endeavour?
    I think you can work on the function related activities themselves. For example ive noticed if i focus on my mental arithmetic etc it does improve for a few days. I think though that in the general sense i haven't really made a dent in my Ti. Perhaps i have margianlly by keeping my brain active.

Does this make these people therefore less attractive to their duals?
    I suppose your the most attractive to your duals when you are being yourself. So i would guess if you have been hanging around people who value your ego functions you will be your most attractive.

Does having a long-term relationship with your dual make you a more dependent and vulnerable person in their absence?
    Good question i dunno. I would say not really if it was for a set amount of time. Although i would say that actually loosing a dual could be a damn painful experience. That might certianlly unravel someone pretty hard. Ive noticed that people who are with their dual become very polarised in the way they think and act. People who are not with them seem more changable.
    Last edited by meatburger; 04-30-2008 at 01:49 PM.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin