Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to find/recognize ENFps: characteristics, observations, and styles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to find/recognize ENFps: characteristics, observations, and styles

I'm definetely no seasoned vet at VI, and I have a tough time identifying certain types, ENFp's in particular. I get a gut feeling when I see/meet people of certain types for the first time, but I never get a gut feeling that I am meeting an ENFp.

Quote from Socionics.com:
    "ENFps choice of clothes and accessories are quite characteristic especially in women. They often neglect some part of their outfit which can give a romantic and liberated feeling to their style. All ENFps dress in a way that indicates a sense of the theatrical."

Could someone please explain the "quite characteristic" or "theatrical" style of dress that ENFp women have?

I don't know if my difficulties are due to limited interaction or some sort of dual blindness, but I am an ISTp so any style cues or any other obvious cues that might help identify ENFp's better would be greatly appreciated. :wink:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm.. I think it means that all ENFps dress like this:

MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Hmm.. I think it means that all ENFps dress like this:

OH Dont you wish come to think of it, I do too ... uh the women that is .... oh and istps and infjs and oh what the heck the cute estjs too Oh and infps and ......

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely am neglectful of my clothing. I don't mind if I have a hole in my jeans or something like that. But I like nice-looking clothes too.

I don't know if she's ENFp or not, but maybe something like this - old worn jeans but a pretty dramatic top and dramatic boots

[/img]
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im liking this photo and I think its a good example. Thanks Nicky! *turns on fan*

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I see ENFp women, its the accessories that give them away, because their style is usually polar: either extremely dramatic, like they are back in the renaissance period, or extremely modern and pop. The accessories tend to stay the same.

The dudes tend to not care. They are punk, or lazy-college-student-who-forgot-to-comb-his-hair like. Then they grow older, and dress for the business world.

Have fun rejecting this one, illusionaries.
    thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have fun rejecting this one, illusionaries.
    oh, shit. ahahahaha I would love to watch that movie again.
    I share Joel's observations.
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a guy I wear no jewelry or anything like that, occasionally I put on a hat or cap, possibly to cover up my college-student-who-forgot-to-comb-his-hair look. I tend towards my own style which includes something old and something new and ususally something from the Gap or Bannana. I dont care much about designers or labels or anything. I like interesting compositions, good quality and unusual colors and color combinations.
    As for enfp women, MySaviour may be correct. Ive not thought about it much. I love the look of large and unusal ethnic jewelry. Even the turquoise in that photo I like the look of. Large jewelry seems more appropriate on an older woman but a few well chosen pieces on a young lady can be very captivating. That would definitely get my attention and curiosity. Possibly I would imagine her to be somewhat a non-conformist and have a rich inner life to share, or very open minded and artistic.

Topaz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    As a guy I wear no jewelry or anything like that, occasionally I put on a hat or cap, possibly to cover up my college-student-who-forgot-to-comb-his-hair look. I tend towards my own style which includes something old and something new and ususally something from the Gap or Bannana. I dont care much about designers or labels or anything. I like interesting compositions, good quality and unusual colors and color combinations.
    As for enfp women, MySaviour may be correct. Ive not thought about it much. I love the look of large and unusal ethnic jewelry. Even the turquoise in that photo I like the look of. Large jewelry seems more appropriate on an older woman but a few well chosen pieces on a young lady can be very captivating. That would definitely get my attention and curiosity. Possibly I would imagine her to be somewhat a non-conformist and have a rich inner life to share, or very open minded and artistic.
    eh.. are you older and dressing for the business world?
    thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

enfp women always have one thing that gives it away... A shirt that jumps out, a funky winter jacket with some weird fur on it, a weirdly striped purse... etc. Its like an attempt to be in style and look unique at the sametime. Funky sun glasses can give it away also. The accessories are never over doing it, but can clash with the clothing in my oppinion... Almost trying to have a glamorous look at times.

enfp guys seem to dress very plain to me, but not in a bad way. I notice jeans, a sweat shirt with a logo on it max. Almost never have a buzz cut from what Ive seen.

I just realized, I think esfps like to wear shirts with funny sayings and symbols on them...
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    eh.. are you older and dressing for the business world?
    I dress for business when its called for. Other than that I wear whatever I feel like. I have become considerably more conservative than I have been in the past though.

Topaz

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The dudes tend to not care. They are punk, or lazy-college-student-who-forgot-to-comb-his-hair like. Then they grow older, and dress for the business world
    That's like a precise description of how my brother (ENFP) dresses. He also loves Aviators.

Just speculating, but I see a bit of a pattern here with Aviators and ENXPs (both gilligan and discojoe have them in their Avatars, I think).

Any comments?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Forest-Dragon
    The dudes tend to not care. They are punk, or lazy-college-student-who-forgot-to-comb-his-hair like. Then they grow older, and dress for the business world
    That's like a precise description of how my brother (ENFP) dresses. He also loves Aviators.

Just speculating, but I see a bit of a pattern here with Aviators and ENXPs (both gilligan and discojoe have them in their Avatars, I think).

Any comments?
    Id probably wear them if I thought they looked good on me. So far I havent found a variation on the aviator that I like on me.

Topaz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IcEPiCk
    enfp women always have one thing that gives it away... A shirt that jumps out, a funky winter jacket with some weird fur on it, a weirdly striped purse... etc. Its like an attempt to be in style and look unique at the sametime. Funky sun glasses can give it away also. The accessories are never over doing it, but can clash with the clothing in my oppinion... Almost trying to have a glamorous look at times.
    i definitely do this. my favorite color at the moment is hot pink, which stands out in itself. so usuallly some article of clothing is something that is bright and draws attention...whether it is a hot pink low cut shirt, huge hot pink necklace, or hot pink high heels. i do wear other colors too, but that's usually to try and downplay the hot pinkness...some people think it overwhelming.
    *ENFp*
    Play with me!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im liking this photo and I think its a good example. Thanks Nicky! *turns on fan*
    I like this photo, too. That girl is quiet pretty.
    me

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Sienna Miller, on-again/off-again girlfriend to Jude Law.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Re: ENFp style

"ENFps choice of clothes and accessories are quite characteristic especially in women. They often neglect some part of their outfit which can give a romantic and liberated feeling to their style. All ENFps dress in a way that indicates a sense of the theatrical."

This is true for me: I never look "perfect," even when I'm dolled up. I might wear fancy clothes, but my hair is probably all over the place, my Mascara is smeared (not that I try...) or my shoes don't really match. I have been told that it's actually very intriguing - perhaps the liberated feeling that some people feel drawn to (feelers and INxx types, usually - time for another thread?)?

I can't pin down my style, but I do like theatrical pieces like the striped 70ies polyester top that is so ugly that it is cool or the huge pink flower necklace or my little square shoes (l like square shoes for some odd reason). And yes, my accessories don't necessarily match.

I just don't have time to look perfect and to make sure everything matches. Too much to see and to do! I can spend hours getting ready and it all falls apart within an hour anyway! :wink:
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim

This is true for me: I never look "perfect," even when I'm dolled up. I might wear fancy clothes, but my hair is probably all over the place, my Mascara is smeared (not that I try...) or my shoes don't really match. I have been told that it's actually very intriguing - perhaps the liberated feeling that some people feel drawn to (feelers and INxx types, usually - time for another thread?)?

I can't pin down my style, but I do like theatrical pieces like the striped 70ies polyester top that is so ugly that it is cool or the huge pink flower necklace or my little square shoes (l like square shoes for some odd reason). And yes, my accessories don't necessarily match.

I just don't have time to look perfect and to make sure everything matches. Too much to see and to do! I can spend hours getting ready and it all falls apart within an hour anyway! :wink:
    I love it! eps. the part about something being so ugly its cool. I love to throw on crazy things just for the fun of it and then suddenly realize how off-beat cool it is. You just have to have the right attitude and confidence. If you dont, dont even think of trying it. There has to be and effortless nonchallant look, even if it takes a chunk of time to get it.

Topaz

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I love it! eps. the part about something being so ugly its cool. I love to throw on crazy things just for the fun of it and then suddenly realize how off-beat cool it is. You just have to have the right attitude and confidence. If you dont, dont even think of trying it. There has to be and effortless nonchallant look, even if it takes a chunk of time to get it.
    My ISTp ex was positively terrified of some of the pieces I own. He would probably agree that my style is liberated, he he.
    I agree, it has to match your attitude. Breezy unpredictable ENFpness - too flighty to match shoes, eh? :wink:
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by IcEPiCk

enfp guys seem to dress very plain to me, but not in a bad way. I notice jeans, a sweat shirt with a logo on it max. Almost never have a buzz cut from what Ive seen.

I just realized, I think esfps like to wear shirts with funny sayings and symbols on them...
    My esfp friend actually wears shirts with funny sayings and symbols, he does have a good sense of style though.

Being an ENFP, I usually just throw on whatever I haven't worn in a while. I'm not as crazy as I should be when it comes to clothing, but maybe I should work on that.

I live in the USA, but my heart longs for England.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How can you tell if someone's ENFp?

I have a friend that I think is ENFp. He's MBTI ENFP, so I'm not completely sure. How can you tell? And he's a teenager, just to let you know.
    Roboticist: Someone who conceptualizes, designs, builds, programs and experiments with robots.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How can you tell if someone's ENFp?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind
    I have a friend that I think is ENFp. He's MBTI ENFP, so I'm not completely sure. How can you tell? And he's a teenager, just to let you know.
    By his masterful use of logic and his inate timing

Topaz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How can you tell if someone's ENFp?

Make a slightly patronizing joke about him/her. If you both end up laughing then not an ENFp. If he/she ends up throwing stuff at you or strangling you or otherwise seems completely pissed off then very probably ENFp.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Topaz, what were you like when you were a teenager? I mean, you were a guy, right? So if we know what you were like, maybe that will give Mastermind some clues. (WARNING: This is a ploy to get at funny anecdotes.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    Topaz, what were you like when you were a teenager? I mean, you were a guy, right? So if we know what you were like, maybe that will give Mastermind some clues. (WARNING: This is a ploy to get at funny anecdotes.)
    I was a tyrant. I love to crush other teens under my steel-toed boots for fun. I slept with all my female teachers and took and sold drugs. There is still a warrant out for my arrest, hence the psuedonym Topaz.
    What else....? Oh I got straight As, daydreamed alot and was late for everything. My teachers often complained my work was incomplete, and sloppy but gave me good grades anyway. If I was quiet for more than 30 minutes my teachers would ask me whats the matter. I joined the wrestling team and wrestled in the 98-110 pound catagory. At the time I weighed 92 pounds. It was 10th grade. I was undefeated except for the last tournament when I pulled a tendon. My favorite class was Art. I can walk on my hands. All of this is true except the first part about the bullying, drugs, promiscuity and warrant.

Topaz

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote="Topaz"]
    Oh I got straight As, daydreamed alot and was late for everything. My teachers often complained my work was incomplete, and sloppy but gave me good grades anyway. If I was quiet for more than 30 minutes my teachers would ask me whats the matter. My favorite class was Art. I can walk on my hands. All of this is true except the first part about the bullying, drugs, promiscuity and warrant.

Yeah, he's really smart and a fantastic student.

Very imaginative, sometimes lost in his own thoughts.

Extremely talkative, never STOPS talking, actually.

His favorite subject is Humanities followed closely by Social Studies. Other things, like Science, Math, and foreign language (all my favorite subjects) bore him to tears.

Sound like an ENFp to you?
    Roboticist: Someone who conceptualizes, designs, builds, programs and experiments with robots.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmh! i know a guy like this who i think is ENFp.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, he's really smart and a fantastic student.

Very imaginative, sometimes lost in his own thoughts.

Extremely talkative, never STOPS talking, actually.

His favorite subject is Humanities followed closely by Social Studies. Other things, like Science, Math, and foreign language (all my favorite subjects) bore him to tears.

Sound like an ENFp to you?
    It does. (Disclaimer: But it could true for other types and perhaps I'm just not aware of that.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add to that list:
    If every word your sentence ends with, he converts into a song, a jiggle or commercial....he could be ENFP
    If most of his sentences begins with "What if...." he could be ENFP
    If after "What if ...." he rattles off something so garbbled and quick you have no idea what he said.....he could be ENFP
    If he knows the stats on all the superheros in MARVEL, or DC, or MANGA comics, their powers, weaknesses, origins, personality.......he might be ENFP.
    If he speaks with a German, English, Czech, Jamaican, Indian, Australian or any other accent flawlessly, even though hes never been to any of those places.... he might be ENFP
    If he thinks living in a tree house would be the coolest thing in the universe..... he could be an ENFP
    If he thinks its a compliment when you say he is wierd.... he could be an ENFP
    If he thinks orange and purple is a great color combination..... he could be ENFP
    If he decides you change his name to V or Shrek or any name of a fictitional character ...... he might be ENFP

I could go on forever but Id love to for others to add to this.

Topaz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he knows the stats on all the superheros in MARVEL, or DC, or MANGA comics, their powers, weaknesses, origins, personality.......he might be ENFP.
    I used to know the MARVEL stuff. I had a book which listed it all. And I was really pissed when in the actual comics the characters were stronger or weaker than they should have been Like some guy could lift a mountain but then in the magazine he went on to punch a regular thug and nothing special happened. I mean if you can lift a mountain then you should be really careful when punching normal people but he wasn't

Also there were some interesting paradoxes like what happens when a man whose power increases without limit (when he gets more and more angry) fights a man who can't be moved unless he wants to move. I mean infinite power should be able to move anything even the man who can't be moved. But if he absolutely can't be moved then even infinite power can't move him. I wonder if it would affect even space and time itself if someone applied infinite power and some other resisted it. It would be one helluva fireworks show. The energy has to go somewhere.

Then it bugged me when some of my favourite heroes didn't use their best powers in a battle and thus got their ass kicked. I mean how can they be so stupid that they every now and then forget they have this ultimate weapon in their pocket?

But back to the topic. Could be ENFp.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    ...like what happens when a man whose power increases without limit (when he gets more and more angry) fights a man who can't be moved unless he wants to move. I mean infinite power should be able to move anything even the man who can't be moved. But if he absolutely can't be moved then even infinite power can't move him. I wonder if it would affect even space and time itself if someone applied infinite power and some other resisted it. It would be one helluva fireworks show. The energy has to go somewhere.
    Does that remind anyone else of ENFp-ISTp duality?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I'll try to add to Topaz' list...

If he likes to sing to himself and, when asked, says that he often hears songs in his head, he could be ENFp.
    If he loves peculiar-sounding words and will say them to himself just to hear the sound, he could be ENFp.
    If he runs into doorframes when he's in a hurry, he could be ENFp.
    If he is endlessly discovering and re-discovering himself in a way that could seem self-absorbed, he could be ENFp.
    If he's sceptical about other people's bleak views of the future, he could be ENFp.
    If he would rather avoid than confront people he dislikes, he could be ENFp.
    If he can start (or participate in) heated discussions about subjects like "free will" or "does human fate run in seven-year cycles", only to suddenly see the funny side of it and do a stand-up routine over the same views he rigorously defended only five minutes ago, he could be ENFp.
    If he feels uneasy with just saying what he feels, but will state it indirectly or in a humorous way, he could be ENFp.
    If he's sure to contradict himself if you listen to him long enough, he could be ENFp.
    If he hates, HATES, HATES boredom and stagnation, so much so that he would rather start a bit of mayhem or self-destructiveness rather than endure it, he could be ENFp.
    If he uses the strangest metaphors you've ever heard anyone use, he could be ENFp.

This is fun.

@Topaz: you're wearing purple combined with orange? And you changed your name to "Shrek"?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    ...like what happens when a man whose power increases without limit (when he gets more and more angry) fights a man who can't be moved unless he wants to move. I mean infinite power should be able to move anything even the man who can't be moved. But if he absolutely can't be moved then even infinite power can't move him. I wonder if it would affect even space and time itself if someone applied infinite power and some other resisted it. It would be one helluva fireworks show. The energy has to go somewhere.
    Does that remind anyone else of ENFp-ISTp duality?
    lol. That really made me laugh

Creepy-aurora_faerie

if he's crazy and doesn't try to control everyone, enfp

if he's crazy and does try to control everyone, enfj

lol this is kind of a joke sorry i dont understand enfp's that much

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add to that list:
    If every word your sentence ends with, he converts into a song, a jiggle or commercial....he could be ENFP
    If most of his sentences begins with "What if...." he could be ENFP
    If after "What if ...." he rattles off something so garbbled and quick you have no idea what he said.....he could be ENFP
    If he speaks with a German, English, Czech, Jamaican, Indian, Australian or any other accent flawlessly, even though hes never been to any of those places.... he might be ENFP
    If he thinks living in a tree house would be the coolest thing in the universe..... he could be an ENFP
    If he thinks its a compliment when you say he is wierd.... he could be an ENFP
    If he thinks orange and purple is a great color combination..... he could be ENFP
    If he decides you change his name to V or Shrek or any name of a fictitional character ...... he might be ENFP

I could go on forever but Id love to for others to add to this.

Let's see...

Oh, definetely yes
    Yup
    So, so very true
    No, but he knows everything about pretty much everything else.
    He can speak pretty much ANY accent fluently without ever having gone places, but he does Irish best.
    I don't know about the tree house, but it sounds like something he might say.
    Oh, yeah, definitely proud of being weird.
    I don't know...
    Yeah, sounds like something he might like.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I'll try to add to Topaz' list...

If he likes to sing to himself and, when asked, says that he often hears songs in his head, he could be ENFp.
    If he loves peculiar-sounding words and will say them to himself just to hear the sound, he could be ENFp.
    If he runs into doorframes when he's in a hurry, he could be ENFp.
    If he is endlessly discovering and re-discovering himself in a way that could seem self-absorbed, he could be ENFp.
    If he's sceptical about other people's bleak views of the future, he could be ENFp.
    If he would rather avoid than confront people he dislikes, he could be ENFp.
    If he can start (or participate in) heated discussions about subjects like "free will" or "does human fate run in seven-year cycles", only to suddenly see the funny side of it and do a stand-up routine over the same views he rigorously defended only five minutes ago, he could be ENFp.
    If he feels uneasy with just saying what he feels, but will state it indirectly or in a humorous way, he could be ENFp.
    If he's sure to contradict himself if you listen to him long enough, he could be ENFp.
    If he hates, HATES, HATES boredom and stagnation, so much so that he would rather start a bit of mayhem or self-destructiveness rather than endure it, he could be ENFp.
    If he uses the strangest metaphors you've ever heard anyone use, he could be ENFp.

This is fun.

@Topaz: you're wearing purple combined with orange? And you changed your name to "Shrek"?
    Okay...
    Yes, yes, definetely yes. Sometimes I want to get inside his mind to see what it's like...
    Oh, yeah. Most totally.
    This guy runs into LOTS of things, but especially when he's in a hurry
    Yeah, I think so
    Yup.
    Yup again.
    Ha! So true, so very true. He makes a joke out of, I dunno, pretty much everything in the world...
    Yesh
    Yes
    Si
    Yes, yup, yesh, oh yeah, definetely, most totally, confirmed. The last one most of all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my opinion the characteristic behavior of any exfp is their inability to concentrate on anything for more than 5 minutes. this + / differences should make it obvious what type your friend is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I am pretty sure that he is ENFp. Thank you all so very, very much for all your help in confirming his type.

Creepy-pokeball

These lists make me 90% ENFp =/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    These lists make me 90% ENFp =/
    Welcome to Delta. Have a cookie!

Topaz

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast