Thread: EIIs-INFjs dwelling on things and analyzing for the long term

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EIIs-INFjs dwelling on things and analyzing for the long term

Hahaha, you guys really love to explain and analyze things that are important to you. You guys seem to like dwelling in in, which is interesting. I'm more "alright, let's talk about this, and be clear, and then move on".

What do you like to really analyze, INFjs?
    And people who know INFjs, what do they analyze most often?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Hahaha, you guys really love to explain and analyze things that are important to you. You guys seem to like dwelling in in, which is interesting. I'm more "alright, let's talk about this, and be clear, and then move on".

I think I overanalyze the future too much. My strong imagination enables me to understand how an action will lead to another and what the long term consequence will be. As such, I can have reservations about making a move because I know that one wrong step will create a chain of inconvenience. My ISFp friend is always curious about my ability to think ahead by visualizing correctly what will happen next. I guess at times it is a bane since I tend to think too much rather than just jump into the situation and improvise as I go along.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to think about people and people-related issues (what is going on inside a person, what they need or want nothing of, and how to get it to them). When I'm doing school work, I tend to want to analyze things from a very big picture perspective and locate my subject or topic somewhere inside that, resplendent with all the implications and whatnot that follow from its connections to everything else. If I can do this, along with painting a similar type of big picture from some other period of time, I can usually get some sort of idea how the first leads to the second, what trends appear, how people might act, react, or change.

Basically, in my free time it has more to do with individuals and personal developments, but I do like to indulge in more broad swaths of societal change, such as history or anthropology, at times. Sometimes I feel like that's pulling the lens too far back if overstressed, but often it also provides exactly the sort of context with which to situate the person or people you are dealing with. That's not so much an issue in everyday interaction, but when you start dealing with individuals from all over the world, then context is sorely needed (and frequently lacking). Thus I try to temper my own views which themselves fall into an inescapably personal context, potentially leaving me blind if I am ignorant or lull myself into a false sense of objectivity.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@munenori: you sig.s are reminding me of UDP.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, interesting observation. I can see the connection somewhat.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know. What is it you notice INFjs analyzing most? What have you observed that they enjoy getting deep into?

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I tend to think about people and people-related issues (what is going on inside a person, what they need or want nothing of, and how to get it to them). When I'm doing school work, I tend to want to analyze things from a very big picture perspective and locate my subject or topic somewhere inside that, resplendent with all the implications and whatnot that follow from its connections to everything else. If I can do this, along with painting a similar type of big picture from some other period of time, I can usually get some sort of idea how the first leads to the second, what trends appear, how people might act, react, or change.

Basically, in my free time it has more to do with individuals and personal developments, but I do like to indulge in more broad swaths of societal change, such as history or anthropology, at times. Sometimes I feel like that's pulling the lens too far back if overstressed, but often it also provides exactly the sort of context with which to situate the person or people you are dealing with. That's not so much an issue in everyday interaction, but when you start dealing with individuals from all over the world, then context is sorely needed (and frequently lacking). Thus I try to temper my own views which themselves fall into an inescapably personal context, potentially leaving me blind if I am ignorant or lull myself into a false sense of objectivity.
    Munenori, where did your latest type thread go? I didn't see it when I skimmed the What's My Type section, but maybe I just overlooked it. I think it's likely you're INFj. In any case, the above is a demonstration of how you think similarly to me. I mean, I don't think we always agree on things, or even always look at things in the same way. But I can usually at least understand where you're coming from, which is more than I can say about many. One way of putting it is that you and I often seem to take separate paths, but the origin of thought is the same or very similar. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I identify a lot with what you wrote.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Munenori, where did your latest type thread go? I didn't see it when I skimmed the What's My Type section, but maybe I just overlooked it. I think it's likely you're INFj. In any case, the above is a demonstration of how you think similarly to me. I mean, I don't think we always agree on things, or even always look at things in the same way. But I can usually at least understand where you're coming from, which is more than I can say about many. One way of putting it is that you and I often seem to take separate paths, but the origin of thought is the same or very similar. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I identify a lot with what you wrote.
    Here it is:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=18479

That does make sense. I would agree too. Perhaps that's a difference in subtype, or maybe it's just in perspective?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, the reason I would discuss something and analyze it is to reach the point that you mention in the first paragraph: "alright, let's talk about this, and be clear, and then move on." The problem I find though is that there are things that aren't so simple to reach a definite conclusion... Looking at something superficially sometimes doesn't really seem enough for me. Personally, I like analyzing people, chronological events, among other things that I can't think about at the moment. I mention chronological events, but I am not really interested in history though, since I have trust issues with acceptings things that might not be really factual or that can be open to interpretation, more so on what are the series of events that lead to some event or situation.

I analyze my friends and family all the time, as odd as that may sound. I like knowing everything there is to know about people who are close to me, not really in their activities, but more towards how things will make them feel at a given time. It's like I want to have complete understanding of a person's internal emotional state, to the point that they don't really have to give feedback about anything they feel since I will know it already. Not knowing this, or feeling confused about this, causes me stress, and it's something that I take insanely seriously... Analyzing people is not something that I would normally talk in the open to that person, because I just don't see why they would find that necessary. The only times I have talked about someone outside of family have been to ISTps, I'm guessing they are receptive to it, and ESTjs somewhat since I haven't been able to get close enough. This would be an example:

"You remember what you told me the other day about ----? I've been thinking about that actually, and I think that the reason that you do that is because you feel ---- when that happens and, etc etc." Then ask for more info about it, and the curiosity won't leave me until I really understand it.

Hope this isn't long-winded , but it's what I see as "analyzing." Of course, there are other things I like analyzing but I find them unrelated to what you are asking.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    @munenori: you sig.s are reminding me of UDP.
    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Haha, interesting observation. I can see the connection somewhat.
    What do you (both) mean?

Alas, I am requesting further explanation.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you (both) mean?

Alas, I am requesting further explanation.
    I'm guessing the similarity is primarily the Morihei Ueshiba quotes. Given your past history of putting Eastern themed items in your sig line, particularly ones dealing with being a warrior, mine from a Japanese Martial Artist probably do remind some people of them.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Therefore, I must be Ne creative and an EII!

Ah, I get it now

(that's an inside joke)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UHh I am drunk but, I just want to say I like menenori2 and UDp. Yeah. You guys are cool, I think you get this type . . . . . . . eewww, I am really wasted (yuckky), and . . . goodnight- - - - sorry for being weird.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    UHh I am drunk but, I just want to say I like menenori2 and UDp. Yeah. You guys are cool, I think you get this type . . . . . . . eewww, I am really wasted (yuckky), and . . . goodnight- - - - sorry for being weird.
    No worries.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post

I deeply analyze my perpective on something. Did I make the right moves, was I fair and impartial, could I have done something differently; if I had done something differently, how would have things played out. I think about all the facets and aspects of not only my approach but the possible outcomes and the future of how a situation will uncover itself. What I am most worried about is f-ing up. I want things very much to be very good and turn out happy, positive and well.

I analyze the feelings of individuals most often; did I hurt them, who needs attention from me, what day should I deliver gifts, have I left anyone out, who needs what concern when.

I think about the things I will buy, will it be enough, how many, what color, shape, size, so many things to thank and analyze about.

I over analyze everything most importantly people's behavior and why people do things the way they do.

An example:
    I spent lots of time thinking about Mariella and if my approach was over the top and how guilty I felt for loosing my mind on her when I did not mean to. I thought about my objective in me speaking with her, I also think about the positives in the individual and automatically focus on that; with Mariella, my mind said there must be some hidden quality about this individual that I need to get in touch with within me first.

With people, I focus on the specifics then the specifics go into the big picture.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-14-2010 at 12:35 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I deeply analyze my perpective on something. Did I make the right moves, was I fair and impartial, could I have done something differently; if I had done something differently, how would have things played out. I think about all the facets and aspects of not only my approach but the possible outcomes and the future of how a situation will uncover itself. What I am most worried about is f-ing up. I want things very much to be very good and turn out happy, positive and well.

I analyze the feelings of individuals most often; did I hurt them, who needs attention from me, what day should I deliver gifts, have I left anyone out, who needs what concern when.

I think about the things I will buy, will it be enough, how many, what color, shape, size, so many things to thank and analyze about.

I over analyze everything most importantly people's behavior and why people do things the way they do.

An example:
    I spent lots of time thinking about Mariella and if my approach was over the top and how guilty I felt for loosing my mind on her when I did not mean to. I thought about my objective in me speaking with her, I also think about the positives in the individual and automatically focus on that; with Mariella, my mind said there must be some hidden quality about this individual that I need to get in touch with within me first.

With people, I focus on the specifics then the specifics go into the big picture.
    Dear, he was asking for INFjs to answer.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because it’s fun? (Ne creative)

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Most Ijs are guilty of dwelling on things too much or over analysing but like all other normal types, obligations and survival are the main issues on their minds. In their free time, EIIs seem to spend time thinking about the moral compass of societies, certain individuals and themselves. Even though they may realize deep down that some of their standards are unachievable, many will still preach them to anyone in listening range so they must spend some time preparing related information because Ijs aren't really spontaneous enough to easily talk off-the-cuff to strangers. Note that although many of their speeches sound like sermons, EIIs aren't necessarily spiritual.

a.k.a. I/O