Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: people who are hard to type

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    okay, I NEVER said that people should be typed based on one occurance of one function. I have always looked at the overall picture as well.
    I wasnt taking anyone into account when agreeing with him =D

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by maizemedley
    Quote Originally Posted by nobrainer
    That's obviously a horseshit, because how can you say if someone is "emotional or not" if there is no "emotional contact" on this or any other forum (face to face). All you can do is to add emoticon to imply you emotional state (what a great choice of moods). Hearing someone's voice over the phone could help, but did anyone see a goddamn phonebooth in here?
    Our voices do come through. I listen. I've been a listener all my life. You are right there is no phonebooth, you are right there is no face to face. But I still listen to what little IS there. So do others. I wont use it to type anymore, people react terribly when they hear how they come across. When someone tells me how I come across I take it with stride and try my damndest to acknowledge what they hear. Megan has said she's caught on to my defensiveness. She was right. Topaz said he caught on to my innability to distinguish good and evil. He was right.

It's just a forum, and the ability to listen is limited. You are right.
    I'd find emotes for this site that reflect a better range of emotions but I have no clue who is even running this peanut shack.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's obviously a horseshit, because how can you say if someone is "emotional or not" if there is no "emotional contact" on this or any other forum (face to face). All you can do is to add emoticon to imply you emotional state (what a great choice of moods). Hearing someone's voice over the phone could help, but did anyone see a goddamn phonebooth in here?
    Our voices do come through. I listen. I've been a listener all my life. You are right there is no phonebooth, you are right there is no face to face. But I still listen to what little IS there. So do others. I wont use it to type anymore, people react terribly when they hear how they come across. When someone tells me how I come across I take it with stride and try my damndest to acknowledge what they hear. Megan has said she's caught on to my defensiveness. She was right. Topaz said he caught on to my innability to distinguish good and evil. He was right.

It's just a forum, and the ability to listen is limited. You are right.
    Maybe you've misunderstood what I was trying to say. By reading...*cough cough* sorry, listening what people are saying on this board, you automatically switch on your imagination as to what kind of mood this or that person is in. Your imagination is great but don't overestimate it. It is just an imagination and you can never be sure about anyone's EMOTIONAL state because there is no emotional connection with that person. The fact is, can you tell by my post what is my emotional state right now? Let me help you a bit it is :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've got it :wink:

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you've misunderstood what I was trying to say. By reading...*cough cough* sorry, listening what people are saying on this board, you automatically switch on your imagination as to what kind of mood this or that person is in. Your imagination is great but don't overestimate it. It is just an imagination and you can never be sure about anyone's EMOTIONAL state because there is no emotional connection with that person. The fact is, can you tell by my post what is my emotional state right now? Let me help you a bit it is :wink:
    You are right though. I did misunderstand you. I wasn't reading..*cough cough* listening with both ears. It is true I can't tell the EMOTIONAL STATE of a person. I can observe their "behaviours" and how those x,c,b,t,y,k "behaviours" strike me and (YES YOU ARE RIGHT! DAMN YOU!) create in my head a character for them. Maybe I do over-estimate my imagination.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You people are both so stubborn its amazing! Can you just agree that you have to guess a person's mood on this board by whatever means that you use, whether it is key strokes or CAPITALIZATION. There is still no emotional contact, which is the only way you can be sure about someone's emotional state. Jeeeeeesus[/u]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've got it :wink:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're cool I like people who can laugh at themselves. Ooops I think I'm falling in love already...better go...

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yer' posts always make me smile/laugh. So ENFp! Sorry, I said I wouldn't do this anymore.

Kim, Topaz, Nicky, NFp other ENFp's, what do you think? Diana ENFp?
    I personally think Diana is a princess, but this is off topic

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    You people are both so stubborn its amazing! Can you just agree that you have to guess a person's mood on this board by whatever means that you use, whether it is key strokes or CAPITALIZATION. There is still no emotional contact, which is the only way you can be sure about someone's emotional state. Jeeeeeesus[/u]
    Joy?
    You're not very good at spotting patterns. Have you ever seen me say "Jesus" or improperly use commands such as bold, quote, or underline.

And as far as all of this business with being able to tell a person's tone and emotions based on what they've written... I'm going to say that unless you REALLY know that person well, your impression is pretty much a guess... and if you're not good with spotting patterns and breaks in patterns, it's more like a shot in the dark. Then again, every type has their own way of understanding others. I use patterns. It's how my intuition works. However, other types read people in other ways. So my final answer is... THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW!

Now maizemedley... this is an intervention. If you think something someone says is an indication of their type, don't post it in that thread. Please. Quote it in the thread about their type, even if you have to bump it from below a handful of other topics. That goes for the rest of you, too.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said, Joy, well said....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now maizemedley... this is an intervention. If you think something someone says is an indication of their type, don't post it in that thread. Please. Quote it in the thread about their type, even if you have to bump it from below a handful of other topics. That goes for the rest of you, too.
    Yes mam! Arggg, I like it when you put yer' foot down.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*kisses Joy on the forehead*

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DON'T TOUCH ME THERE!!!

jk.... but... ummm... what is this, pick on the ENTp day?
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*taps fingers*
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    asdf;lkajsdg.
    Is that the coolest signature on the whole forum of what? I am glad you've got rid of that GAMMA crap...

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just someone with no brain I guess

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Bump....We need to find the answer to this question and use this thread to end this trend of uncertainty. I agree with what Cone had written in this thread.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12