INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dane Cook

did you guys say he was estp before?

quotes:

On his childhood: "In school I was pretty quiet. Kinda shy until my junior year. But at home I was a freak. ... I was not a silly kid or outgoing. In fact, I suffered from quite a bit of anxiety. I used to have panic attacks when I was a teenager, really incapacitating moments, because I had some phobias. ... I grew up very self-loathing. I was a phobic. I had anxiety. I had panic attacks." - Dane Cook

I say it with my tongue firmly planted in cheek but there's truth to it - being a comedian is very close to being a therapist. When you're working smaller clubs, you're listening. You're feeling an energy, you're going with a tone but when people start yelling out, you almost start a conversation with people. ... I always thought that if I got no love at all early in my standup career, or I was god awful, I thought I'd get into psychology.

If you use tact you can say anything, then make it funny.

I am an observer, I like to watch people. I am into psychology and people - how they act and such. ... I've always read books and loved human behavior since I was ten or twelve years old. Maybe even that's why I wanted to do comedy.

I do try to keep my show very improvisational. I don't work off a set list; I like to keep it more in the moment. I like to have information about where I'm going, what might be happening in that particular region as well. I like for people to feel like the show is for them.

As a comedian, I am obligated to tell you the truth, my truth. To share with you my beliefs, my perspective. And I think that we forget sometimes that that's the oath that comics take, that we will go up and share everything - the irreverent, the scary.

I have new ideas every day, and I always want to take on new challenges. ... When I first hit the scene, it was just a lot of go, go, go, go, go. I have a lot of natural energy anyway, but it was over the top.

I feel like I was born and bred to stay self-motivated. I'm not one of those people who ho-hums and feels sorry for himself when something's bad.

I'm completely ecstatic when a woman has own back story and brings something to the table and has a real strong kind of independence.

Anger has a way of seeping into every other emotion and planting itself in there.

I always wanted to be a snake. Every time I saw a snake on TV. I'd always say 'Why not me?'

There's always someone in every group of friends that nobody likes.

When people refer to 'Back in the Day,' it was a Wednesday. Just a little fun fact for you.

Last edited by silke; 08-07-2015 at 04:08 AM. Reason: updated w videos