View Poll Results: what type is James Franco?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

1 6.25%
  • SEI (ISFp)

5 31.25%
  • ESE (ESFj)

1 6.25%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

2 12.50%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

5 31.25%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

1 6.25%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 6.25%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James Franco

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

He's not a 1... maybe 7.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

At first I find his 4D Fe rather apparent.
    He uses it strategically in specific situations – by being charming or humorous, smiling widely – but it is also apparent he does not truly value it, and values Fi instead.
    The individual appreciates situations where people are enjoying a positive emotional atmosphere as in having fun and joking together, and is quite adept at creating them himself, but does not see creating or promoting them a top priority, nor does he actively look for people who maintain or need such an atmosphere; too high a focus on that is seen by the individual as overdone.
    His work can be pretty idiosyncratic and "odd", his own brother says he "does not understand him" (his brother seems to be some SF type).
    This "idiosyncrasy" stems from the combination of being SX/SO and obviously contraflow ("breaking the mould" by painting pictures of his best friend Seth Rogen in the nude, posing half-nude on Instagram, his parody music video, etc) and being Ne lead/valuing. His creative process and the way he likes to acquire new, seemingly "random" skills point towards that.
    The individual is skilled at generating intellectual interest and curiosity in others and using others' curiosity to get them to do things.He easily sees parallels between different situations, areas of knowledge or skill, and people, and likes to establish contacts across different fields of knowledge and social groups, which allows him to be part of many things at once. He enjoys considering differing viewpoints and perspectives and seeing if they can be reconciled.
    He enjoys the beginning stages of just about anything - new projects, acquiring new skills, experiencing new people and relationships. Preparing for and launching something new is seen as having greater value than the process of experiencing what one already has and finishing what one has begun. The concept of "finishing" seems foreign to him. Instead of taking care to finish things and tie up all loose ends, he tends to drop things when he can't handle them any longer or realize that he has neglected them for too long
    Naturally he does not fit that well into Hollywood culture, which is primarily Gamma SF.
    (He is perceived to be "one of Hollywood's weirdos", as far as I know.)

That is how I arrived at IEE-Fi. His Ne is not that obvious at first, because of the Fi subtype.
    Because his Ne was not as apparent, I used to wonder whether he is SEE.
    Also, him being most likely Type 3w4 and achievement oriented probably skewed my impressions there, because SEEs are stereotypically Type 3.

I am not sure exactly how people get ESI from him. Maybe because of the fact that both IEE and ESI use +Fe and -Fi.
    Another factor could be the Type 4 connection. Many ESIs have it, and he seems to have it too in the form of his wing.
    At last, an Fi subtype is prone to make certain extroverts seem like Fi lead.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm not completely positive, cause he's a weird case, but I type him SEE-Fi 6w7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say SEE

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not sure, some sorta Te/Fi valuer.

A lot of ppl in the gay community think he's cute but he doesn't appeal to me much. I think he's too full of himself. (which honestly I wouldn't care if he turned me on more, but he doesn't) And he isn't even gay. Give me enough fame and attention (and a better body) and I would fuck women on camera and make it look believable and authentic too. haha I'm being too harsh but he's a tool.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Always thought IEE for Franco. He reminds me of one asshole IEE acquaintance piece of shit I know in particular. I also think he's a psychopath and a compulsive liar. Thus why it's kind of difficult to type him.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

All his weird projects and interests do seem Ne (many IEE's seem to take photography for one month, oil painting for next two and creative writing next, being above average at all but also not mastering any of it), but when he speaks in interviews he's so concrete. His smiling and attitude is too open and flexible for Fi-dom - he's got that goofy crinkly Fi-creative smile. Never met an ESI that smiles like that. Don't know about him being psychopath, he only strikes me as pretentious.

Edit: also - can someone explain how is he Ne PoLR?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

All of you saying that he is "too full of himself", "pretentious" and so forth just reinforces my impression he is a (not so healthy) Type 3.

A sign of unhealthy 3-ness is usually some kind of narcissistic attitude.
    Here he makes fun of it, but there is likely actually some truth to it...

Quoting Riso & Hudson's Personality Types:
    Average Threes are the most narcissistic of the personality types. While healthy Threes justly possess high self-esteem, average Threes build their identities around an increasingly inflated self-regard: they appear to be utterly in love with themselves. But, more precisely, they are in love with their inflated image rather than their actual selves. Instead of loving themselves as they really are, including a realistic acceptance of their limitations, they love a false façade which bears little resemblance to the undeveloped person beneath.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 08-18-2016 at 08:11 AM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    All of you saying that he is "too full of himself", "pretentious" and so forth just reinforces my impression he is a (not so healthy) Type 3.

A sign of unhealthy 3-ness is usually some kind of narcissistic attitude.
    Here he makes fun of it, but there is likely actually some truth to it...

He's often typed 4w3, 3w4, 7w6 and 6w7 - nobody can figure him out for sure ; ) I think he's an unhealthy 6 with a desintegration to 3 - 6's can be narcississtic and showy when unhealthy (see examples Kanye West, Jaden Smith, several examples on this forum) and much more over the top and outwardly douchey than real 3's, because they're not aware/don't care as much of how they come across. The reason why I type him 6 is because he has heavy head energy in interviews and eyes which go from phobic to counterphobic when he speaks. Evaluating, distrustful look in the eyes. E3's seem to have penetrating, coming at you, performing look, 6's taking aback, doubting, judging you/the situation look:

JamesFrancoPaloAltopremiereTribecaFilmFestival2014LSAndyKropaInvisionAP_article_story_large.jpg

James_Franco_(Cropped).jpg

James_Franco_2007_Spiderman_3_premiere.jpg

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

He does not care about his image like a 3 does. Actually, he barely cares about his image at all. He keeps his achievements to himself unless someone asks, and on social media again he does not care of how he comes across.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUR...VNkal7OYxu_FgQ

Gives impression of ESFx or something like it. Timid in an intellectual setting even though he's got a PhD. Takes along a token INTx who says nothing but probably provides him moral support. 104 is probably my favorite, seeing as I've recently been trying to convince myself that flying on a major airline is not like being in a can of sardines waiting to get eaten. Talks more in 102, gives a bit of a different impression.

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI, dominant subtype most likely

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm IEE-Fi and I do not like this dude. I saw an "art" video he made once and it was so glaringly pretentious. I've also heard of people who have met him and have confirmed he's a complete douche Doesn't mean he's not IEE, just sayin'. I did find his character "Alien" pretty amusing though.

Isn't he often said to be ESI?
    Last edited by thegreenfaerie; 11-15-2019 at 07:50 PM.

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see ESI. I don't see IJ at all, I see EP; he could realistically be any of the four. His mannerisms remind me a lot of my own, but that could be because we are both SO/SX. I am almost certain he is SO/SX and most likely E7. I think ILE-Ne, but, like I said, any of the EP types could work.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI-Se. He's more flexible, more creative, more driven, more into new things, more emotionally expressive, and more smart/academically and technologically gifted than the Fi subtype and he looks kind of like johnny depp in Ella C's post, also his mother was Jewish and a children's book author which would indicate probable sensory subtype as opposed to ethical. Also, he has good flow in conversation and more random, quick, and smarter wit, much more than ESI-Fi do. He also played James Dean who was an LSI-Se; so he wouldn't be the Fi subtype.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep ESI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sensory + Ethical. Gamma > Alpha. SEE.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Franco
    Early life

James Edward Franco was born in Palo Alto, California[3] on April 19, 1978.[4] His mother, Betsy Lou (née Verne), is a children's book author and occasional actress, and his father, Douglas Eugene Franco, ran a Silicon Valley business.[5][6] His father was of Portuguese and Swedish ancestry, while his mother was from a family of Russian Jews.[7][8][9] His paternal grandmother, Marjorie (née Peterson), is a published author of young adult books.[6][10] His maternal grandfather, Daniel, changed his surname from "Verovitz" to "Verne" some time after 1940,[9][11][12] and his maternal grandmother, Mitzie (née Levine), owned the prominent Verne Art Gallery in Cleveland, Ohio and was an active member in the National Council of Jewish Women.[13][14][15]

Franco's family upbringing was "academic, liberal, and largely secular".[16] He grew up in California with his two younger brothers, actors Tom and Dave.[17] A "math whiz", Franco interned at Lockheed Martin.[18] He was often encouraged by his father to get good grades and did well on the SAT.[16] He graduated from Palo Alto High School in 1996, where he acted in plays. This led to him attending CSSSA in 1998 for theater studies.[18][19] In his high school years, Franco was arrested for underage drinking, graffiti, and being a part of a group that stole designer fragrances from department stores and sold them to classmates.[20] These arrests led to Franco briefly becoming a ward of the state. Facing the possibility of juvenile hall, he was given a second chance by the judge.[9] He recalled of his troubles with the law, "It was teen angst. I was uncomfortable in my own skin. I was shy. I changed my ways just in time to get good grades."[16]

Although the idea of becoming a marine zoologist interested him, Franco had always secretly wanted to become an actor but feared being rejected.[9] He enrolled at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) as an English major,[21] but dropped out after his first year (against his parents' wishes)[18] to pursue a career as an actor, since he would have had to wait two years to audition for their acting program.[9] He instead chose to take acting lessons with Robert Carnegie at the Playhouse West.[19] Around this time, he took up a late-night job at McDonald's to support himself because his parents refused to do so. He was a vegetarian for the year prior to working there.[22] While working at the establishment, he would practice accents on customers, an experience he remembered nostalgically in a 2015 Washington Post editorial titled "McDonald's was there for me when no one else was".
    Franco volunteers for The Art of Elysium charity and has taught film classes at numerous schools. Franco admitted to having sex with several of his students during his time as a teacher, which led to lawsuits and a $2 million sexual-misconduct settlement in 2021
    Sounds irrational, I think he's an extrovert although he thought he was shy at least when he was young so I should think about that and look at other details.

Interesting that he had an interest in marine biology when he was younger, like Leonardo DiCaprio. They seem similar to me in terms of interests, including young females, so I'm inclined to type him ILE>IEE at the moment.
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1583474

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12