Thread: Differences between LIIs-INTjs and EIIs-INFjs

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    This post isn't about the differences between LII's and EII's, but rather is about their similarities.

I know an LII researcher, and every time I stop by his office, the first thing he does is offer me a coffee from his wide selection of coffees. I will drink anything because I'm Si-PoLR, but he doesn't know that. He's treating me as if I were an ESFj instead of an ENTj. My mask is that I dress very, very well during business hours. Plus, he probably feels that weird mental attraction that takes place between Ti-doms and Te-doms and is mistaking it for Duality.

I have an old drinking buddy whom I kind of love, and I recently realized that he is a semi-Dual, an EII. I don't see him very often, but he stopped by this weekend and before we sat down, he asked me if I was going to offer him some coffee?
    I paused, reoriented, and said, "Sure! Um, the place is being renovated and all I have right away is instant in cold water." (It's what I drink, actually.)
    He just looked at me like I was a total dummy.
    "But I have some real coffee in the freezer."
    "I'll have that."
    So I brushed the plaster dust off the coffee grinder on the floor and washed the wood chips out of the pot on the stove and started boiling water while I cleaned the French Press, and he was happy.
    Lol. This reminded me of several EIIs I’ve known. Since it’s relevant to the thread, EIIs often seem to expect that other people take care of them, especially in relationships.

I forget if I’ve mentioned this anecdote here before, but once my EII and LSE grandparents visited my family. My parents gave a list of restaurants to the EII, expecting her to choose where to eat. She chose a Mediterranean restaurant. After leaving the restaurant, she mentioned offhandedly that her husband didn’t like Mediterranean food. My parents were confused, and asked her why she had picked the restaurant. She simply responded “I do.”

My SEI ex has an EII sister. When they lived together, the EII would get upset when she “was in the mood” to eat something, and the SEI didn’t offer to make it or buy it for her. This greatly annoyed the SEI, but she would often end up feeling that she was acting mean to the EII and eventually give in. I saw this happen quite a few times, and I got somewhat angry, and asked the SEI why she kept doing this. The SEI said something to the effect that the EII wasn’t capable of taking care of herself, and since the EII would never take action to make her own food, she couldn’t bear to hear her talk about how hungry she was when she knew she could just make the EII food. Lol.

LSEs might have a similar impression of EIIs: the EII can’t take care of himself, so it’s the LSE’s duty to care for them. From what I’ve seen, LSEs don’t generally seem to mind this task.

Magical girl (◠‿・)—☆ ShiningLunette's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Lol. This reminded me of several EIIs I’ve known. Since it’s relevant to the thread, EIIs often seem to expect that other people take care of them, especially in relationships.

I forget if I’ve mentioned this anecdote here before, but once my EII and LSE grandparents visited my family. My parents gave a list of restaurants to the EII, expecting her to choose where to eat. She chose a Mediterranean restaurant. After leaving the restaurant, she mentioned offhandedly that her husband didn’t like Mediterranean food. My parents were confused, and asked her why she had picked the restaurant. She simply responded “I do.”

My SEI ex has an EII sister. When they lived together, the EII would get upset when she “was in the mood” to eat something, and the SEI didn’t offer to make it or buy it for her. This greatly annoyed the SEI, but she would often end up feeling that she was acting mean to the EII and eventually give in. I saw this happen quite a few times, and I got somewhat angry, and asked the SEI why she kept doing this. The SEI said something to the effect that the EII wasn’t capable of taking care of herself, and since the EII would never take action to make her own food, she couldn’t bear to hear her talk about how hungry she was when she knew she could just make the EII food. Lol.

LSEs might have a similar impression of EIIs: the EII can’t take care of himself, so it’s the LSE’s duty to care for them. From what I’ve seen, LSEs don’t generally seem to mind this task.
    Most accurate portrayal I guess that's why they're considered an infantile
    Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They look alike, one should make sense, the other should not. If it relies on emotional platitudes instead of sound logical reasoning, you get EII. If not, LII

Also, one being ethical vs one being logical is a crappy description. It is logical to be ethical. So what do you do then? Mine is a more useful description of the same thing.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123