0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp here. I love INFps.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

probably EII and IEI. maybe i already answered this thread and said something different but i'm too lazy to look.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI for sure!!

In small doses, and non-work related and in no particular order:
    other Holographic Thinkers (ESI, SLE, LII)
    IP temperaments (IEI, ILI) (I don't have the drive/energy of the J types, and find EPs to be too energy stimulating for comfort.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

semiduality, mirage
    women: conflictor

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE (semidual)
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Female quasi-identicals are pretty hot.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SEI for sure. Love-love-love.

Other than that, I don't really know. I met one amazing SEE but I wouldn't say all SEEs are like that simply because I don't have a lot of experience with them.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    IEI-Ni2 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE and IEE
    human flesh tastes like pork

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE and ILI

TIM
    ESI 693 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All 4 STs.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE, LII, ESI, EII... most of my friends tend to be these types, some IEEs too but there are definitely some IEEs I don't get along with, different ways of life I think

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have known some LSI's and they are bit bizarre in some ways but I have been around them.. some of them are totally scared of non conventional thinking.. I keep it to myself (the most scariest ones).

From the opposite I'm usually fine with SEE's. Deep down we are kind of twisted in similar fashion and have bit similar energy towards new challenges and so on. Their mirror type is usually totally different in my eyes. ILI's seem to be at least OK.

EII's... are OK as long as they do not press me into smellpathy practices.

When it comes to SLI it really depends. They really seem to appreciate some sort of of advices when it comes to relations between people and I'm not the one to give it.

I have hard time when it comes to social lice picking. I'm best at doing things my own way and solving problems.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEI, ILI, SEE, LSE, EII

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I already answered this but I'll do it again.

Some beta nfs are some of my favorite people
    Iees I like pretty uniformly
    Sles I like a lot superficially if there's nothing sexual

I think what I like about iees & sles is perceived openness in the personality. Beta nfs I dunno, isn't being appealing their schtick?

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta Quadra (the drama and savagery), Delta NFs (the whimsy and innocence); SLEs, IEEs and ILEs, I often find to be particularly hilarious, which I like.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI, ILE, and ESI for most favorite. LSI, SLE, LII, and ILI as well but wouldn't call them favorites since feelings with them aren't as mutual as with former three which makes them less enjoyable for me.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LIIs can have interesting theories

TIM
    NeTx-C (5w6)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't had the time to type a lot of people in my own environment, but there are a few that I have clicked quite well with despite quadra differences:

ILI-Ni (contrary) – I think we actually went through the whole 'moth to the flame' process that socionics tends to describe for this relationship. The difference is that we actually managed to emerge from the other side and gain huge understanding of each other, respect for our differences, and, most importantly, we realised that there are actually a lot of similarities between us as well hidden in the deeper layers. It helps that my fairly strong third Se gives us a strong semi-dual vibe.
    LIE-Ni (quasiidentical) – we didn't get close, but in a professional environment we clicked very well and managed to work two and a half years together on a very successful software project as co-leads. There was immense respect to each other's opinions, and discussions about problems at hand were always very fruitful to both sides as we could provide each other with fresh and interesting perspectives of the same issue. Prolonged exposure to one another would lead to certain friction, but keeping apart for a little while would soon fix it.
    SLI-Si (semidual) – one of the best friends I have ever had. Very direct and very pragmatic person, but also immensely caring about everyone's well-being.

I guess the lesson here is that subtypes are actually quite important. For example, there is an ILI-Te at work that I simply can't stand and every second spent listening to what his opinion about something is feels like coarse sandpaper applied to my brain.
    Most likely the most negative alpha you have met
    My life experiences may be tainted by living with an LII and an ILI I lovingly call Satan.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFjs, INTps, ISTjs, and sometimes even ESFps...

EDIT: I do not like: ESTps (ESTPs I sometimes like) and certain specific people from the Gamma quadra IRL (e.g., 'Judge Judy', Ayn Rand, Milton Friedman, etc.)... Most of the gammas here I do not mind...
    Last edited by jason_m; 06-07-2019 at 06:02 PM.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha:
    ILE-Ti.
    I don't like the other types in alpha quadra very much.

Beta:
    1. LSI-Se (but I hate LSI-Ti, they're insane/delusional. they either totally act like everything is fine and good enough when there is problem and the things they do see as problems are exclusively what only THEY and abnormal people would see as problems while they present themselves as serving other when in reality they're only doing their own will; like Dick Cheney, Hillary Clinton, and Jordan Peterson are 3 examples of insane LSI-Ti; members of the Sensory subtype are more fun, at least slightly more personable, much more responsive to individuals, slightly more responsible/honest, have superior quality work, aren't as stone-cold arrogant while having higher IQ anyway, and at least slightly more down to earth and more straightforward/direct while having greater physical strength while being sufficiently gentle/elegant which i like in others and when they do lose control of their temper they appear goofy or sexually attractive anyway so they don't appear abrasive/shitty-looking like my own quadra does; LSI-Se are somewhat more reasonable in what they see as problems and more understandable as to why they see things they do as problems; and their solutions are more helpful; they're at least average at helping with practical and personal/emotional problems)
    2. (equally) SLE-Ti (and maybe SLE-Se, but I don't know of anyone whom I know with 100% certainty is SLE-Se) and IEI-Ni (I think they're IEI-Ni, but I'm not 100% sure of the subtype). I don't know any people I think are IEI-Fe, but if Mr. Rogers was, then IEI-Ni=IEI-Fe.
    I don't like EIE of either subtype much.

Delta:
    1. (equally) EII of whatever subtype my last counselor was and IEE-Fi are usually pretty good
    2. IEE-Ne.
    I don't know any people who I knew to be SLI, but they sound pretty cool.
    LSE-Te are terrible; LSE-Si are ok.

In order overall:
    1. ILE-Ti,
    2. LSI-Se,
    3. SLE and IEI,
    Then the Delta types as above.

In case anyone is wondering why I initially said I favored ILE-Ti and SLE-Ti most, I had forgotten about LSI-Se who were pretty prominent earlier in my life (they're weren't as many and I couldn't tell for sure that they were LSI-Se and I still way more time with SLE-Ti and they keep a higher profile so the sneaky bastards had overshadowed their mirrors),
    Last edited by Disturbed; 07-20-2020 at 03:41 AM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Irl ESE, ILE, LII. Then SEE. I've mixed feelings for LIE. Some IEI Ni are ok to talk to.
    Last edited by Hope; 07-21-2020 at 02:25 AM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE, SEE

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some alpha NT, some beta NF... and maybe some others o.O some SEI. Online I tend to like some LIE, but I can't really think of any LIE friends I've had irl

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as an IEI, in no particular order,
    ILE, LII
    IEE, SLI

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    some alpha NT, some beta NF... and maybe some others o.O some SEI. Online I tend to like some LIE, but I can't really think of any LIE friends I've had irl
    actually, most of my friends i can think of outside of delta, and even longer relationships with men, have been all of those types throughout my life, mainly alpha NT and beta NF. I had a spark with a potential beta ST once, but he ended up doing some shady stuff and taking advantage. I ignored it for years until one day I was like, wait, wtf, FU and never looked back.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My updated listing.

I have seen many IEE's. Many IEE's I know are bit shy. It is this culture mainly. Fi kind of keeps them away from directly defying the convention. I usually have to ignite things so they can join. EII's are actually raving trolls beneath their calm conventional exterior and this makes them reflect themselves to a point where they repent everything in cloudy moments and will be upset everything they done in a way that their self flagellation turns into pointing out these characteristics in others. Maybe this is the basis of supervision?

ESE's are cool but I don't want to be a baby who is always getting hurt from various things. Some IEI's are OK but others are total turn off. EIE's are OK but some can be too demanding over Ti.
    Delta ST's are like whoa there boi or heh.

LSI's can be bit too one track minded. They seem to like my occasional outpouring of expressions and so on.

SEE's and I like to toast each other. ILI's can be interesting although some take it too slowly. ESI and I but each other in a wacko basket. Some LIE's have really analized far too many citrus fruits for their own good.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE, SLE, and IEE
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None. I at times even dislike my own quadra, people are shit in general.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COVID 007 View Post
    My updated listing.

I have seen many IEE's. Many IEE's I know are bit shy. It is this culture mainly. Fi kind of keeps them away from directly defying the convention. I usually have to ignite things so they can join. EII's are actually raving trolls beneath their calm conventional exterior and this makes them reflect themselves to a point where they repent everything in cloudy moments and will be upset everything they done in a way that their self flagellation turns into pointing out these characteristics in others. Maybe this is the basis of supervision?

ESE's are cool but I don't want to be a baby who is always getting hurt from various things. Some IEI's are OK but others are total turn off. EIE's are OK but some can be too demanding over Ti.
    Delta ST's are like whoa there boi or heh.

LSI's can be bit too one track minded. They seem to like my occasional outpouring of expressions and so on.

SEE's and I like to toast each other. ILI's can be interesting although some take it too slowly. ESI and I but each other in a wacko basket. Some LIE's have really analized far too many citrus fruits for their own good.
    I wouldn't say i'm shy at all, but I get why you (as an UWU alpha, flower boy) might get that impression. It is more like our Fi gets us to be, at least in my case, a bit more selective towards who we actually want to talk to. Until we open up...

Some people would say at times my SLI best friend is the extroverted one out of the two, she literally initiated the friendship between us, I wasn't talking to anyone and didn't want to either, I was bored looking on my phone, and for some reason I called her attention, at some small party my sister set up. I called her "strong Lesbian Warrior" that night, too, she didn't get offended by my joke and I liked that.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HEALTHY types

ppl who have no self awareness in general are not fun to deal with
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Something View Post
    I wouldn't say i'm shy at all, but I get why you (as an UWU alpha, flower boy) might get that impression. It is more like our Fi gets us to be, at least in my case, a bit more selective towards who we actually want to talk to. Until we open up...

Some people would say at times my SLI best friend is the extroverted one out of the two, she literally initiated the friendship between us, I wasn't talking to anyone and didn't want to either, I was bored looking on my phone, and for some reason I called her attention, at some small party my sister set up. I called her "strong Lesbian Warrior" that night, too, she didn't get offended by my joke and I liked that.
    Hmmm it is funny still because I'd think that this anticipation is shyness. Then this Keirsey guy used it as a synonym for introversion which I'd think is more like "leave me alone, you energy drain".
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COVID 007 View Post
    Hmmm it is funny still because I'd think that this anticipation is shyness. Then this Keirsey guy used it as a synonym for introversion which I'd think is more like "leave me alone, you energy drain".
    It really isn't. Exactly. It's more like "I don't care about this stupid people. Gonna do my own thing."

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Outside my quadra, my closest friends have been IEE, EII, ESE and LII. I have really good working relationships with ESI but idk how much we’d get on in a deeper friendship
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being serious though. And this is gonna be a different answer from the other Deltas I've seen posting here, but... Gammas. Even the ones I supervise: ESI.

For some reason I find it hard to respect Alphas. And Betas can suck it, though I know an SLE in real life I get along with fine, in fact, he's one of my "best friends" i'd say? I'd never have him meet my SLI bestie though, they'd totally and throughfully not get along at all. Though i'd lie if I said it wouldn't be a fun social experiment... I know both very well. Anyway, thanks to the SLE I met one of my cool LSE friends.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIIs, ILIs, SEIs. ESE-Sis who are interested in friendship. LIEs who are in touch.

Mayyyybe LSI-Tis who can give an Fi valuer some time to loosen up.

My closest friends are ILI-Te, ESE-Fe, SEE-Fi, and LII-Ne. Had a couple SEI besties a while back, but we felt a bit stifled by each other.

I like ESIs sometimes but we never work out.
    Last edited by PinKDiGiT18; 08-23-2020 at 01:58 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got a notification from this thread, and my answer (my favorites change) is the same I'd give today. That being said I'll tackle this with more depth.

ENTp-Ne - One of my closest friends still. He is actually really kind, we can chat for hours. Quite a even temperament (more than mine by a bit). He and i went on a camping trip a few weeks back and took acid (his idea) and it was quite a laugh. We often talk about self improvement stuff.

INTj-Ne - I have known him since i was 5. I don't actually see him in person that much at the moment, but we chat online often. He is very positive and upbeat, always sending funny gifs etc. Hes a really nice guy. I get angry with him occasionally when he disagrees with me and his temperament is again is a bit more even than mine, he handles it without seemingly getting offended. He is very interesting to talk to, always has his finger on the pulse of something fascinating or cool to watch.

SEI's - In general, they are just great. Smiley, easy to talk to, makes me laugh, sweet people.

LIE - Have drifted a bit from my ENTj friend, but still friends. Hes really quite funny, solid dude. Still really like ENTj's in general.

ISFj - My mother is an ISFj Fi. We get on very well. I have an ISFj-Se friend at work and we are surprisingly close. Shes quite blunt to others and says what she thinks, but I've come to respect her quite a lot. Shes very kind to me and i always feel like she has my back. I often don't quite agree with how we should carry out our work so i choose to hold my tongue but nothing major.

IEI - I once dated an IEI and she reached out a few months back. Really kind person, even tempered, funny. I do genuinely like her but as shes married i really don't want to get too close. Don't get on with all IEI's but definitely like a number of them.

A lot of the types though could go either way. I've drifted a bit from another ENTp friend, I've met LII's that were too logical and serious for me. My SEI friend is married to an ENTp-Ti and shes a great woman but its hard to really keep up with her. Never met an SEI i didn't like yet though.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEIs are probably my favorite Beta. EIEs I'd rate higher if a third of them weren't psychopaths and a third of them insane. The last third is wonderful people. I don't like SLEs, and while I've been friends with several LSIs I wouldn't say I have any particular feeling about the type as a whole. With Gammas I like SEEs and ILIs. The rationals aren't usually very interesting to me. With Deltas my favorites are LSEs. Some SLIs are great; most aren't. The older I get the less tolerance I have for EIIs. IEEs can be fun (and the women can be insanely attractive), but I usually butt heads with them after a while.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    IEIs are probably my favorite Beta. EIEs I'd rate higher if a third of them weren't psychopaths and a third of them insane. The last third is wonderful people. I don't like SLEs, and while I've been friends with several LSIs I wouldn't say I have any particular feeling about the type as a whole. With Gammas I like SEEs and ILIs. The rationals aren't usually very interesting to me. With Deltas my favorites are LSEs. Some SLIs are great; most aren't. The older I get the less tolerance I have for EIIs. IEEs can be fun (and the women can be insanely attractive), but I usually butt heads with them after a while.
    I found this as an example for LII & LSI interaction, found it funny, because I knew an LII once and this was how we interacted (ofc I wasn't as rude, I think highly of the guy, but still.. I found his pure abstract idealism to be..not workable in real life within real social systems)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@shotgunfingers, my SEI ex really liked the stories of Diogenes, particularly the one of his meeting Alexander the Great:

where Alexander approached Diogenes, having heard of his reputation, and offered the philosopher anything he might desire. Diogenes only asked that Alexander move out of the sun. Alexander marveled, saying “if I were not Alexander, I should wish to be Diogenes.” Diogenes supposedly responded “if I were not Diogenes, I should also wish to be Diogenes.”

Often when she was stressed, she would emit a sigh and whisper “I should also like to be Diogenes.”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast