View Poll Results: Do you own crocs? Or have you tried them?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and they're extremely comfortable.

1 4.76%
  • Yes, and I don't find them comforable.

0 0%
  • No, and I hate them. Their appearance offends me, and it's annoying that they're popular.

10 47.62%
  • No, but I don't mind that other so many other people swear by them.

5 23.81%
  • No, but I've thought of trying out a pair.

4 19.05%
  • No, I've never heard of them until now.

1 4.76%

Thread: crocs

Hybrid View

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default crocs

I thought someone would have bitched about my avatar by now, but no one has (that I've noticed), so I might as well make a thread.

Apparently these shoes are popular? I didn't know this until after I'd already decided to get some though. Regardless, I think these may very well be the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. At first I thought they'd drive me crazy because they're so loose, but they never fall off or anything like that. Now when I put on other shoes, the other shoes feel really tight, even shoes that used to feel loose. (Makes me think that maybe I've been buying the wrong size, actually. )

Anyways, I was reading about them online and apparently a lot of people hate them. It seems like the people who hate them wouldn't be caught dead in them though, so they haven't actually tried them. A lot of people said that they thought they'd never wear them, then someone bought them a pair, and now they love them because they're so ridiculously comfortable.

I'm curious as to whether anyone here has tried these shoes?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't stand them. No offense. I don't care how comfortable they are, I would never wear them. And the fact that they're the "in" thing to wear turns me off even more...sort of like those snow boots females insist on wearing *shudders*

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do they float in water? they sort of look like they would. anyhow i voted that i really don't care what other people do. i don't think i'd buy a pair myself, though.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first time I saw a pair of these was four years ago (I was 14 if you're counting) after a minor *ahem* psychotic break down shortly after my Mother died. They were orange and on the feet of a young male RN. I said to him this: "You have well defined cheek bones but I would never consider fucking you just because of those shoes." That's when he made me take my clothes off because "psycho girls can't have clothes because they might hang themselves." I then reconsidered because I found this thing that he said funny. He was nice. He went and bought me a copy of The Republic which soothed me tremendously.

But I never forgave those shoes.
    Voted best beach in the world by yahoo 728 times!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    You remind me of someone I know but I can't figure out who.
    she's super vivid. always with the shocking shit. especially the croc thing. how could she?
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    she's super vivid. always with the shocking shit. especially the croc thing. how could she?
    People always have vivid memories of traumatic episodes. I remember, for example, every detail of my brothers clothes the day he died and that he had dirt under his nails.

Once when I was 12 and learning to drive I almost hit my horse who was standing in the middle of the road. He had be bitten by a horse fly and I could see the blood on his withers and the white of his eyes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, but supervividity in this case is also related to quantity of supervivid shit. anyway, always entertaining, i think?
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    yeah, but supervividity in this case is also related to quantity of supervivid shit. anyway, always entertaining, i think?
    'coo.

(I actually have no idea what you're talking about. Half the shit I say is true. More than half of it.)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I really don't notice what kind of shoes people are wearing, and I don't really care.
    Yeah, that's how I am, too. I only know about these because another inspector told me about them. He wears them inside "take your shoes off" houses.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All three of my kids have them and they adore them. Along with those over-priced gibbet thingies. I, however, did not buy them. They got the crocs and gibbets from their grandparents. I initially thought they were ugly but now that I see them everywhere I'm getting used to how they look. I still don't have a pair myself though. I can only dream....j/k.
    IEI-Fe 4w3