Thread: Confusions and mix-ups?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Confusions and mix-ups?

Not sure if this should go here somewhere else, so if I'm in the wrong place, feel free to move the thread.

A lot of people seem to confuse introversion for intuition, probably partly because there is a certain amount of overlapping, partly because definitions of functions are often vague and hard to get a full understanding of, and partly because there's a clear "n-bias" in a lot of amateur type circles, perhaps partly because of how mbti-tests are worded (and that does seem to be where most people first encounter personality typing). (There are probably plenty of additional reasons that I'm not thinking of at the moment.)

I've been wondering if this is the case for other sides of this as well. For instance, would it be possible for someone (or for others to see it in them) to confuse a strong moral sense and caring for "feeling" or "ethics"?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think a lot of people do confuse introversion for intuition. One thing is that people think of "intuition" too much like the dictionary definition. And, yeah, there are also all of those biases against sensors, which causes a lot of sensors to think that they are intuitive. One thing that has bugged me is that both intuition and introversion are suppossed to be "detached"... why would ISxx types be detached if they are sensors? This is why "sensing" is misunderstood (well, moreso Si is misunderstood...).

... and I think a lot of IxTj types believe in their "morals", so they can be confused for feelers.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah, I'm sure I am confused for a feeler by people IRL, altough they don't know about socionics