Thread: 16Types community socionics test

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 16Types community socionics test

OK, so I want to jump into the socionics test bandwagon. I want to combine the best aspects of the ones out there, have it be interesting( interesting as it could be), and have it be accurate. I would also like help. Or just to talk out the ideas in my head for it.

My initial points are:
    1. Ask the questions most likely to get the most accurate answer.
    2. Don't over think it.
    3. Use tons of possible testing techniques.
    4. Keep it random so it's a new order of modules every time you take it, as well as asks (some of the time) random questions from each module.
    5. Track results from a single entry point, so you can get take a rest and come back to the exact same place at any time.
    6. Each test question can be assigned a value(metric) according to it's likelyness to be accurate. It'll have to be a metric or metric group going only to a final type(ENTP, ISFJ, etc).

My initial work will be with designing a scalable infrastructure to handle these requirements. Next will be starting it off simple. Then, I can create these 'modules' of tests and add them into the program. Initially I will have these four dictotomies tested:

1. Introversion/Extroversion
    2. Sensing/Intuition
    3. Thinking/Feeling
    4. Judging/Percieving

each of those numbers will be a module. For instance, you will have a screen with two choices (on random sides of the screen), pulled from a random sampling of test questions (which is generated random but becomes static), in order of modules (generated random, becomes static).

The choice you make(let's say you clicked the options associated with being introverted) will add -1 to the 8 extroverted types, and +1 to all of the introverted types. Same for each module. At the end, the result program is run and you are presented with the test's results in the manner of a type, and the runner up type.

Then I plan to add the following modules:
    1. Socionics mood descriptions (as shown on the16types.info)
    2. Likes and dislikes from the Oldham associations of the types from ptypes website
    3. descriptions similar to Hugo's tests, where like a positive on an ESFJ description will be super negative score to the conflict(INTP).

Eventually:
    4. Skills - Basically the functions ( ) part of the test. This will be last because it will be complicated to assign metrics going towards a type.

What I have so far will be available soon.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yes, and most groups (quadras, 'clubs', temperments, etc)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck! But I have some advice ...

If you are going to try to make a test sort of like Hugo's, my advice is to try to stick to a standard even though some people might disagree with their results. Otherwise, you will end up making an increasingly infinite amount of tests because there will always be some idiot who thinks they are some type and will just assume the test is wrong if they do not get that type when there is no guarantee that they are really the type they think they are to begin with.

That is essentially the reason why I started saving the html results to the socion.info server. I needed to get a base of people whose types I was totally sure of and I could test against for consistency purposes. Otherwise you will just be relying on unknown and unreliable data to make those connections.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instead of testing single dichotomies like E/I, S/N, etc... I think it'd be more interesting to test people for either Exxj, Exxp, Ixxj, or Ixxp. So, if you are asking something along the lines of verbal/emotional expression, the group stongest in that area would be the Exxjs, and the group weakest would be the Ixxps. Also, If the person is more verbal/numbers logic/etc... they would be more judging, if they see things more spatial/patterns, etc... they would be more perceving (in other words, the judgers are more "concientious", and the perceivers are not.)

Then, you could do things with Quadras, or possibaly ST/NF/etc... I think analyzing the individual functions and testing for them that way would be too difficult.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then there's people like me who just cannot take any kind of test like that... give me a test about technical things everyday, that's fine, but... a test that asks me questions about me?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    then there's people like me who just cannot take any kind of test like that... give me a test about technical things everyday, that's fine, but... a test that asks me questions about me?
    Damn extraverts.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and an ENTp at that! for everything that's true, the opposite is also true. I'm a damn paradox, what can I say
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/