Thread: Still need more help

Creepy-Diana

Default Still need more help. . .

Last edited by tereg; 05-07-2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Edited by user request

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, the more I think about it, dichotomous thinking is bad, because I find that certain personality attributes correspond to individual types. Like, it's hard to attach any specific behavior to a function because it changes with each type.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Actually, the more I think about it, dichotomous thinking is bad, because I find that certain personality attributes correspond to individual types. Like, it's hard to attach any specific behavior to a function because it changes with each type.
    I agree.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    I agree.
    I think it holds more true when younger . . . but people gradually synthesize the opposites of the dialectic as they grow older.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    I agree.
    I think it holds more true when younger . . . but people gradually synthesize the opposites of the dialectic as they grow older.
    What do you mean Blaze? Are you saying that people start fitting more clearly into a type as they get older, or that the functions within their type become stronger one way or the other, or something else?
    That people become less and less obviously their type as they grow older due to consiously developing their weaker functions, understanding the positive and negatives of their strengths, thus understanding opposites aka dialectics. In a nutshell, people change and grow as they get older, ideally at any rate.

Creepy-

Ah, ok, gotcha. I'd agree with that (at least in most cases )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This says INFp.

....and on a rainy day, INTp.
    thing.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm going to join the random 17th type club - save me the trouble of going round in circles looking for a type which I'm not sure is even there (Yes it's yet another type indecision)

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with blaze. i think there really is a base type for a given person, but then again people are able to strengthen their weak traits, and can sometimes even stifle their strengths. i think the idea is that by knowing your base type in the first place, you save energy and a lot of grief in the process of self-development. not swimming against the current, so to speak. :wink: