Thread: functions

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default functions

and examples of their usage, i have just a couple to throw out, i think it'd be useful if people threw out their own examples. It's also important to note that the way people express these functions(especially in conversation) is DEADLY important. Because you can never be someone else, so you'll have your own idea of what a function is(and unfortunately, there is no right answer), but consensus is achieved through conversation and the trading of ideas. And i believe functions best manifest in conversation or action, not in typing and writing(there's just too much time to think it over. i mean, i know if i wanted to, i could make a new account and act a certain way and fool all of you into thinking i was a certain type.) psh, just some groundwork. Also, i've noticed that people often rely and openly source the available socionics material by word. that's really annoying, no? And if you read those articles, you may notice there is a single author. A single person rationalizing every type seems ridiculous and unscientific. I think a good type description would be a huge listing of examples of reactions in situations of a particular type(as observed by the person of that type, or somebody else observing that type). Not examples that read like the nature channel transcripts( "He is a man of sound logic." What the hell, speak human asshole.)

introverted sensing- It's said this occurs when people recognize a tonality or even 'vibe' of another person or their expressions. that said, the person who uses introverted sensing is going to be the first person watching tv and saying "this guy looks like a this guy etc etc" or the first person to hear a melody and know another song it relates to in key. This is my idea of introverted sensing. Also, i think introverted sensing can really scare people who are in touch with it. In example, they could look at someone with a particular crafty or shifty face or expression and be really taken back by it. or they could hear duke ellington's "the mooche"(kind of a fiery old jazz number. when i hear it, i just see demon horn players and fat laughing men. don't take drugs. Must be all the use of the flatted fifth. DUN DUN DUN. know what i mean?) and think solely of hell.

well your turn. and don't say "extraverted intuition: This functions relates to seeing possibilities in things." jesus, say "Extraverted Intuition: This function may come into use like this: While watching a friend play a videogame, the observed started to picture a new level in his head."

I dunno, try not to force other people to use their intuition when writing function descriptions. ahahaha

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this post could be a good example

this post is a usage of extraverted sensing. all this post relates to is how to achieve an understanding of function, it's a list of commands and guidelines, and it's pushy. Also, with the dominance of extraverted sensing comes the weakness of my explanation, and if you reading my examples for introverted sensing, a weakness in actually doing any of the outlined work.

? or at least maybe yeh thats it what i think ? ? just follow my rules

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More briefly:

Heathiep would like to have some Te descriptions of functions, that is, the observable behavioural patterns associated with the various functions.

I agree with you, there is a lack of this kind of approach.

If you want, try see www.socionics.org ; translated with babelfish.altervista.org .

Some descriptions of the russian site offer exactly the kind of thought structure you're looking for.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i was actually thinking what you wrote when i made the post, but i figure long winded explanations also do good.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    More briefly:

Heathiep would like to have some Te descriptions of functions, that is, the observable behavioural patterns associated with the various functions.

If you want, try see www.socionics.org ; translated with babelfish.altervista.org .

Some descriptions of the russian site offer exactly the kind of thought structure you're looking for.
    It's not working for me.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    More briefly:

It's not working for me.
    You mean that the translator doesn't work, or that you're not satisfacted with the explanations?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this may be the one time it's acceptable to rock the boat.

baby.

sorry, i'm drunk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    More briefly:

It's not working for me.
    You mean that the translator doesn't work, or that you're not satisfacted with the explanations?
    I mean when I try and translate the site, it gives me an error page.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.