IMHO I give you self-realisation:
1) No knowledge of type thus no idea why you act the way you do thus easily manipulated by anything from other people to the media.
2) Basic knowledge of type i.e. identified with a type and had an awe moment of "that sounds like me" kind of realisation
3) Advanced knowledge of type (Socionics) understand how you relate to others, the hidden agenda, functional analysis etc etc.
4) "act on reason" i.e. able to act intentionally in whatever way you have to in order to interact more effectively with any type at stage 1 or 2.
5) "act on instinct" i.e. without even have to think you just relate to anyone thus your quest for duality can come through being polyamorous (many relationships with integrity rather then just your monogomous dual).
Where are we in terms of understanding ourselves and others and the decisions we make about our actions?
I give myself a 3 with aspirations of a 4 or 5.