Thread: How do you plan to use Socionics?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do you plan to use Socionics?

Subj.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to manipulate people.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope to find someone who I can live with my entire life, I also hope to make a difference in the US trying to replace MBTI theories with Socionics ones(since they are more advanced), and I hope to get a Ph. D in Socionics before I'm 80, since from when I was a kid I've always wanted a Ph. D since my grandfather had a Ph. D and was the chairman and professor of a Science at a local university. I guess he was an early role model.
    I also want to help other people, provide other people insight, and satisfy my curiosity of human nature. And give me something to do when I'm bored.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was twenty I took the the MBTI for the first time and found it fascinating. There was something to it that magnetized me and I quickly found myself applying it practically to my day to day life. I recall searching the internet and finding the Socionics pages and not really taking them very seriously. Over time, and with a little open mindedness I started to realize that Socionics is the real gem, not MBTI. MBTI is just too linear and lacks structure.
    To me Socionics, aside from its obvious social merits, seems to have very universal implications. It reminds me of a sort of word math. I see possibilities in the study of how its "informational" elements interact in space. It just looks like it has the power to change how we use words and see reality. I'll leave it at that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“It just looks like it has the power to change how we use words” sounds interesting, would you care to elaborate?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Weltbesserung

-I hope to learn to understand other people, and myself better

-I hope to learn to shamelessly manipulate others to my advantage

-I hope to find true love, maybe with the help of socionics...

-I hope to solve the issue of correct typing once and for all. In my opinion all other issues in socionics seem to pale in comparison with this most basic issue. At times I feel like a complete paranoid when even many of the leading socionists seem to me to be incorrectly typed. The four scales are in my experience rather poorly suitable for typing. I have yet to come up with anything impressive...

-I shall integrate socionics with psychology, neuroscience, sociology, social psychology, evolutionary psychology, genetics, etc.
    -In order to do so I may have to develop many new theories and discard old and established ones. The process will be slow and painful. The model A has been weighed and found wanting.

-I shall devise new theories of subtypes, much to the annoyance of the INTJS on this board... I shall try to clarify how subtypes affect compatibility.

-And finally, last but not least, I resolve to solve all the issues related to compatibility in love, thereby cutting divorce rate in half, at least. The intertype relations theory may be due for revision....

This was just for starters. :wink:

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use it to better understand people and their messages. For me, its that whole / thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And finally, last but not least, I resolve to solve all the issues related to compatibility in love, thereby cutting divorce rate in half, at least.
    My ISTj friend has been working on this problem for thirty years. He is not a Socionist, he is a relationship coach.

He is going to start his radio show every sunday on World Talk Radio in three weeks.

Here is his website www.doclove.com Now he is a little conservative. He is a churchgoing fella who believes in no sex before marriage. But his insights into the female psyche are amazing.

www.doclove.com

Check it out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to one Russian study the integral type of men is ISTj, and the integral type of women is ENFj.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. to solve some personal problems (done)
    2. to find a true person and have a baby with her (done)

I was looking for an ISFp woman and I have found a really good one. She was the number 14. No paranoia, no compexes, very healthy and "normal". Inteligent and nice. Falled in love in 1 month. She can realy be a daemon and an angel.
    I have found that 1 of 10 ISFp is healthy here. Others have many diffrent problems - they are very nervous, depressed, toxic, lost and confused by life. It is very hard to be an ISFp woman.
    It is also realy hard to help ISFp woman even if you can... but they just dont want to. They are tragic someway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you an ENTp?
    what do you mean by helping an ISFp woman.
    Why do you look specifically for an ISFp, and what do you think are their good qualities.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there any male ISFp's? I don't think I ever met one, although I haven't looked specifically. My mate is ESTp, I'm ENTp. What do you think our house is like??

Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, ENTps are not very good at housekeeping, but ESTps are pretty good breadwinners as well as cooks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blaze, I know a few ISFp males. They tend to try and hide their sensitivities, which might make them hard to spot. They're out there though, don't you fret.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sooo . . . our house is kind of constantly a mess. More his mess and our kids mess than mine. Help! I'm forced into j-ness by everyone else's p-ness!

I am basically happy in my relationship despite our look alike relations. With kids and all they bring, hey, we're doing pretty good, IMHO. :=)

Having come across socionics, though, I am interested in isfp's though, maybe one of them would make a good friend!
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm kind of esfpish
    what r ur hobbies... are you very brainy?
    i am a very down to earth person...
    i like salsa dancing and things like that
    where do u live by the way

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do i sense a possible love connection? :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good idea Waddlesworth! why not create a quality Socionics Dating Site? SocionicConnection.com

Let me reiterate what I've said recently...

How can love survive in an environment of familiarity and resentment? It can’t. Love needs respect like life needs air. Unfortunately we get ornery when we think we own somebody, that they are not going to walk when pushed far enough. Respect as an active virtue requires effort in the way of Self-Control, and Patience. And we don’t like to exert effort.

Marriage is great for the kids, but it is terrible for romance, because when you are married you think your partner is “locked in” and you get careless with the way you treat them. Similarly, when you are with a dual, you often think they are locked in, because being a duals makes you a relatively unique commodity. Dating is a numbers game… not every woman you meet likes you, and not every woman that likes you has a good attitude. And now, in addition to that, you are narrowing your search down to only 1/16 of the population. Also it often takes up to a month to determine of someone’s type. to one another. It has an isolating effect. You may have had a change of heart about someone, but than you might think “she nags, she puts me down, she compares me to other men… but what will I do without her? She covers my weaknesses. It might take me a while to find another Dual who would like me too.” In other words, type theory puts additional pressure on you to settle.

To solve this problem we must provide people a large enough pool of Dual (Activity, Superego, whatever) partners to pick from, whose type has been predetermined. The best solution is a Socionics dating site of the same scale as match.com, with tens of millions rather than thousands of members.

Now if we really wanted to strengthen Romance... we'd have to put a ban on marriage. But I don't think our legislators have enough uncommon sense for that yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-The-Lion
    I plan to use socionics to develop myself to the point where I could deconstruct and reconstruct my mind for various purposes. After that I will transform sulphuric acid into the essence of and watch as all the INxPs and ESxPs jump into it (Cone will be spared). It's 8:00 AM after a long sleepless night please keep that in mind

On ISFP males the lead singer of Pedro the Lion (David Bazan) seems inredibly ISFP to me. I have seen him and heard him talk in public. I find his music very soothing has a lot concepts I associate with ISFPs in his music which is part of what fascinates me (in the sense that it seems to imbibe ISFP essense into me temporarily). I wish I could post a link to his best recordings which I downloaded legally off the internet but I was told not to post them for download so if you want it just msg me and I'm sure I could email you some.
    Trying to appear tough?

Ok send them to me, i'll listen.

what about the topic of the thread?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So my idea to make duality more accessable by building a superior socionic internet dating service didn't ring anyone's bell?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LevKamensky
    So my idea to make duality more accessable by building a superior socionic internet dating service didn't ring anyone's bell?
    Not really

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just like socionics dating, except of the quality of match.com , to join u must fill out a test form that determines your type, so that each member's type is stated on their profile.

are you familiar with Google's free social network Orkut? I think it'd be pretty cool if they had this feature.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm interested in idea making sociodating site. However i know nothing about computers. So basicly we should build something like mentioned above into here. Why not to make special section for dating? It would definetly bring more people into here. So little bit spaming and we have (might have) new fresh blood on the forum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Bumi-n City - track the growth and suggest changes to this virtual Japanese city with the focus on proper ecological management."

Hmm

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socinonics is like a new, virtual, cognitive function that allows me to have a better grasp on reality, just like how my does as well. Anyone watch the amtrix? :-) well i see this as hacking it. Self actualization. "In order to bla bla bla one must posses a high degree of intuition and sensitivity ... or ... also focus ..." -Animatrix
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome to the forums Slava! Nice to have you here.

Yeah I really see alot of the Matrix stuff in Socionics...one day I thought, hey, "programs" in the Matrix are archetypes(or archetype scripts). The Matrix? Collective Unconscious, sort of.

and I keep trying to do the phone trick, I must not be doing it right, because I keep getting hit by the truck. Then I usually throw the Xbox controller and swear at my TV.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the future Matrix plans to use Socionics to model virtual humans.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something that continually hits my mind after watching some existantial Japanese anime movie or the Matrix or something similar...

If you think about it, statistically, whats the probability that we are really living in the 2000s as biological beings who are just hitting the technology for simulation, genetic manipulation, cyborgism(well, in the sense of computer chips in our bodies, such as for better hearing, used to be friends with a deaf guy who had one of those), the A-bomb, etc, with our chances for survival for another 100 years compared to say 1900 have more than expanentially gone down, than us actually being an electron(or set of electrons) in a computer simulation to simulate all of this? It's a total mind fuck for me.

(The matrix has you :wink: )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

offtopic
    .. or the wired has you, haha

you've watched Serial Experiments: Lain, right?.. take a rest.. I was having problems when i watched it for third-fourth time..
    one of the problems with this anime is that Lain has no emotions.. no mimicry.. I can't tell to myself what is happening. it's like i was knowning nothing about the people and it fu**** fucks up my creative function cause Lain is like a wall in which im hammering my head.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krae
    offtopic
    .. or the wired has you, haha

you've watched Serial Experiments: Lain, right?.. take a rest.. I was having problems when i watched it for third-fourth time..
    one of the problems with this anime is that Lain has no emotions.. no mimicry.. I can't tell to myself what is happening. it's like i was knowning nothing about the people and it fu**** fucks up my creative function cause Lain is like a wall in which im hammering my head.
    Well, I watched it once, and that's exactly when the thoughts began to hit me, eventually coming to a 'do I really exist' thing then me getting caught back up in reality. Thanks for recommending that to me...I think

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you know what that movie was really about? How many people realize that they are living in a world of arbitrary rules that are not based on natural laws? Religion and leviathan governments are good examples of this.

http://www.localgroup.net/articles/empire.html

This site illustrates this pretty well, but like all the sites I post is controversial

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please tell me that site you just posted was just kidding...
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it is a little different. I apologize to those who have been expecting more socionics out of me. I do post off topic quite frequently, after this post I will try to explain my different points of view and how I think they should relate to socionics in the "Anything Goes" category.