Thread: Beta careers and occupations

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Beta careers and occupations

What kind of careers/lifestyles/ways do you think Betas end up persuing, and why?

Five

Creepy-pokeball

Anything that feels good to us and somehow makes a buck? I dunno. I could outline the MBTI stereotypes if you want me to...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, but what would feel good to Betas?

Five

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will give you some examples I know, of people about whose type I'm reasonably certain:

ISTj: lab technician - mechanical engineer and production manager - quality manager in industrial plant - technical sales engineer

INFp: Music teacher

ESTp: used car salesman - professional scuba diver

ENFj: salesman - chemical engineer
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-pokeball

Ewwww, I just bought a new car. I remember telling my family that I'd rather shoot myself than be a saleman. And chemical engineer. That's just hilarious. I believe you btw... it just reminds of some things from MBTI stating that ENFjs often land in careers that are "against their grain" and that they become unhappy due to this so that negative Si/Te aspects begin to manifest. However, I do think an ENFj could do these jobs to full capacity (anyone that is not an extreme exception could do any job really)... but would it be fulfilling is the question. I doubt so.

Hugo's part B on the main page might be more indicative of what could possibly be fulfilling for betas.

Altho the real question was what they end up pursuing. Your answer for ENFj's is probably as broad as the political stats on ENFjs-- all over the freaking board in equal distribution due to that people-loving/pleasing Fe. I'm failry sure that ESTp is similar. The introverted side may be a tad more selective. Just a guess.

Creepy-msk

ESTp: professional scuba diver

Creepy-pokeball

That's the only one of the one's mentioned that I could see myself living with. Music teacher maybe but I wouldnt be deserving as there are definitely those that are more passionate about it.