Thread: Confidence in the creative function

Creepy-

Default Confidence in the creative function

Is everybody confident in their creative function? I am not...

Does this mean I'm a different type? (I'm 102% sure I'm INFp). Or something else?

Can we have a discussion?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just thinking about this and how it is differnet in socionics and MBTI. In MBTI, they say that you enjoy using your dominant funciton when you are younger, then you develop the other ones as you get older (Fi for an INFP). I believe that socionics says that you enjoy using more your second funciton (Fe), but I don't know if you are suppose to put as much confidence in that one (I'm confident in Te, but I don't know about the rest of you).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm never confident in Ti when I'm using Ne; the temptation for me is to go with my gut instinct and just move on. However, when I do use Ti, I feel like I'm excelling in whatever I'm doing and that I'm doing the best I can do, which is not always the case with Ne.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-

Default Re: Confidence in the creative function

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy

Does this mean I'm a different type? (I'm 102% sure I'm INFp). Or something else?

Can we have a discussion?
    I think it is possible to be too confident when handling critical issues.

What does Fe as a creative function mean to you?

To me it means inspiring confidence in others. I have no problems inspiring confidence in children and animals. But it seems like I constantly worry when I am around adults. I think part of the problem stems from the fact that I live in a highly competitive society where disclosure is a very risky business.

I don't like to show off my Te people. I keep it to myself. But, I guess I know it's there. I simply only like to use it for myself. It's not likely you understand this. haha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was talking to about this the other day. He had observed that INFps tend to dwell on Ni as adolescents (INFp teens tend to live in their heads, brooding, dreaming, and otherwise intuiting), then become more steadfast in Fe as they mature. (I suspect that this may be at least partially due to societal pressures that judge productivity and constructive behavior more highly than passivity; thus, the easiest function for an INFp to fall back on when faced with this pressure will be Fe; hence, the shift in emphasis.) INFp females tend to find the shift much easier than males; in fact, males tend to try their darndest to hide their Fe. I don't have much confidence in it as a function, but I do know that subconciously, it will drive my thoughts and actions, even if merely to bring other functions (such as Te) to the surface.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would "being confident" mean? Perhaps different people set different standards for themselves. Perhaps yours are just very high?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I'm confident in Te, but I don't know about the rest of you.
    I wish I was but I'm not. I think that I loose confidence in Te in every situation that envolves people and I have to use it over them in order to get a result. Not always are people willing to listen to my orders altough I always make it clear to them that it 'll be worthed (plus I am the one doing most of the work). I think that rejection by people has caused supression of my Te, which I believe has also led to occasional attempts to use Fe which I am much less confident about...

But as long as it is about manipulating tools and things of unhuman nature I think my Te 's fine , and I am the best.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Im confident in using . Like Baby mentioned I use it to command other functions like and to get things done.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to use alot of and ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems to me that rmcenw is also confident in useing it's . Way much more than other ENTps in here. According to Socionics when ENTp creates all sorts of machines and programs etc. it uses it's . This function should also make it a good repairman of unique equipments.
    Semiotical process