Thread: Would this method help workout subtype?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Would this method help workout subtype?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is the example of an INTj:
    Which of the following do you prefer?

Strong, confident logic. System thinking. Skill to separate the main thing from the secondary. Scrupulousness in the study of facts, the skill to see the connection between them. Bringing in all into the system. Organization of structural order. Rationality, accuracy, systematization, consistency. Analytical turn of mind. Skill in everything to find cause-effect connection tendency toward the abstract, system thinking. Skill to separate the main thing from the secondary. Theorisation, tendency toward the mental labour, the construction of abstract models.

The skill to understand the essence of things and phenomena. Generation of ideas, understanding their prospect and possibilities of realization. Ability to recreate whole on some parts. Mental acuity, rich fantasy, spontaneity, fast response in the non-standard situations, absent-mindedness in private life. Very strong imagination, bright and interesting fantasies. The instantaneous understanding of the possibilities, which allows the situation. Spontaneous decision making. Skill to find way out from any complex ethical situation. Interest in entire new and uncommon. Skill to see the merits of people and the readiness to tell about this to all. Dreamer, inventor. It is inclined to the eccentricity.

+
    I don't particularly prefer one over the other.

I've taken these description from here:
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...er=asc&start=0

For your own personality type, would your results (through using the above method) correspond with the Gulenko subtype descriptions, which can be found here:
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2000

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually have a tendency towards , and the intuitive subtype description fits me. There are situations in which I much prefer my , and during those times I can act a bit more like the logical subtype. It feels a little less natural for me though.
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the multiple question tests are still the best way to go, especially for people who are a bit of a toss up. You really can't leave it up to the person to decide what type they are.

Take me, for example. I say I'm ENTP, but some people *coughJOEcough* will tell you I'm ENFP. And you know, they're probably right, but I'm just a stuborn little shit
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can others help please

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I use both of those, so I'm going to stick with my point of view before. The sub-type is the one that is shown more prevelant in your life. You use both Dominant functions but you choose one over the other usually. According to this I think that I would be an INTj, Intuitive sub-type but I can remember using plenty of the logical subtype.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For ENTj:

Skill to bring to the perfection the procedure of the fulfilment of any actions. High fitness for work and productivity. Ability to fix the trouble-free operation of any mechanisms, to thoroughly adjust procedures, to effectively direct processes. In any matter it knows how to attain maximum return. Professionalism, the composition of instructions, industriousness, competence, methodicalness. Planning all its actions. Understanding expediency or inexpediency of any actions. High and productive fitness for work. Skill to find the most effective mode of operation. Tendency toward the success. Rationalization, result, sequence.

Excellent understanding of the motion of time and possible course of events. Foresight of future. Aggravated presentiment of dangers. Strong intuition. Skill everything to do in time and to wait for its. Sluggishness, the complete absence of fussiness, the skill not to meddle in the trouble. Complete absorption in the flow of time. Skill to adapt time to its desires. Expectation of changes to the best. Foresight, the skill in advance to leave from the danger. Glad foresight, dreaminess, ease, intuition.

I relate to both of them but either describes me only partly.

As it is, I'd either say + or, if having to choose, . But I find it easier to relate to the Gulenko description of E(N)Tj than to choose the above over .

My conclusion so far is that I am E(N)Tj, but not very far from the split divide. Perhaps something like 60% intuitive and 40% logical.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Expat. For example, the word "Methodicalness" is not accurate at all for me, in the Te description.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I've made a mistake. Here are the functions descriptions relevant to ENTjs (or INTps). Are they more helpful and accurate in determining subtype for ENTjs?

Which of the following do you prefer?

Well developed enterprise. Skill "to make the matter". Planning all its actions. Understanding expediency or inexpediency of any actions. High and productive fitness for work. Skill to find the most effective mode of operation. Tendency toward the success. Rationalization, result, sequence.

Excellent understanding of the motion of time and possible course of events. Foresight of future. Aggravated presentiment of dangers. Strong intuition. Skill everything to do in time and to wait for its. Sluggishness, the complete absence of fussiness, the skill not to meddle in the trouble.

Please tell me what you think now?

PS I can still provide an even tighter description for relevant to ENTjs, but I first want to see if the above is sufficient.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, although I do relate to both, I do prefer slightly but clearly over . So it would work for me, assuming I am indeed intuitive subtype (as I think I am).
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

, easily. it's my default state, and less tiring than the other state. but i use both well. in fact, i think that lately (say within the last decade or so!) i'm having to more and more use , so it's possible that i'm by now more practiced in that mode, than the one which comes more naturally.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer Ni, quite strongly.

I'll underline what fits my character

Quote Originally Posted by Te
    Well developed enterprise. Skill "to make the matter". Planning all its actions. Understanding expediency or inexpediency of any actions. High and productive fitness for work. Skill to find the most effective mode of operation. Tendency toward the success. Rationalization, result, sequence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ni
    Excellent understanding of the motion of time and possible course of events. Foresight of future. Aggravated presentiment of dangers. Strong intuition. Skill everything to do in time and to wait for its. Sluggishness, the complete absence of fussiness, the skill not to meddle in the trouble.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit