Thread: Are all INTjs absent-minded

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Are all INTjs absent-minded...

... or is it only the intuitive subtype INTjs that are absent-minded?

INTj (intuitive subtype)
    Analyst - good scientist -conceptualist, primary attention gives to the global issues, the generator of ideas. For it are more important promising achievements than the result of the current moment. It is held it is softly, correctly, careful in the contacts. Outwardly frequently astenichen, more than attention gives to the exterior view, the health.

INTj (logical subtype)
    Is concrete and regulated, organizer in the science, he does not entrust to the too removed ideas. Scholar, but only in its narrow region. In the behavior - it is dry, restrained, it can be authoritarian. It does not love discussions and frictions in the association, it is held on the distant psychological distance. Strict adherent of reasonable systems. It bears a strict clothing, it is attempted to be in grow prettier to physical form.

I don't know my friend, but I will say that this post instantly caught my attention, as absentmindedness is a terrible handicap for me. I am almost unbelievably scatterbrained... I have been known to lock 3 sets of keys in my car (which I had finally carefully prepared due to constantly locking myself out). I am not proud of it and believe me, it is not a cute 'quirk', but a real problem...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very absent-minded. I usually cope with it fairly well by being very paranoid. I always carry around everything that I might need and before I leave home, I go through all variable things in my mind.

I'm probably more intuitive subtype than logical, just because I can never really organize my time. There is always too little or too much of it. There are more reasons to exclude the logical subtype. But I could be either. I have traits from both of the subtypes. I had real trouble following the quoted text. It wasn't even English.
    PS! I'm not even sure I believe in subtypes, because if there are 30-40 different subtypes all-together then everybody will have a type description that fits. It's statistically certain, especially because the descriptions are never 100% accurate. They are rather 100% vague.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James (female INTJ)
    I don't know my friend, but I will say that this post instantly caught my attention, as absentmindedness is a terrible handicap for me. I am almost unbelievably scatterbrained... I have been known to lock 3 sets of keys in my car (which I had finally carefully prepared due to constantly locking myself out). I am not proud of it and believe me, it is not a cute 'quirk', but a real problem...
    You seem like an ENTp more than an INTj. I don't think an INTj would lock 3 sets of keys in their car, but an ENTp would.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heck yes we would. I have a habit of losing my keys, like everyday...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeia
    Heck yes we would. I have a habit of losing my keys, like everyday...
    You're entp, right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I am

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugo I take that back, I dont know what the heck I am right now

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That means you're probably ENTp.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm LII (though heavily ), and I have a game I like to play every now and then called "Where in the house are my glasses?" I'm thinking of getting Rockapella to record a theme song.
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I will admit that I am an absent-mind.., wait, where is my...., oh, there it...iiiiis, no. Wait, I think..... Sorry, I'll have to get back with you on this. I think?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are the intj logical subtype members?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

depends on what i'm doing. if i'm concentrating on doing and not thinking, then i remember everything. i strike fear into my contractors because i remember everything about everything they have ever done and i know if anything they tell me doesn't make sense or doesn't fit the picture. and when i'm in this mode, i don't tend to be absent-minded.

but if i'm thinking, solving problems, daydreaming, indulging in escapism from the reality of my job, which i dislike, (i.e. turning inward) then i forget all sorts of things. i just lost my sunglasses today. enough said. i deal with not forgetting routine, important stuff by always putting certain things in the same places - basically, by automating. the downside is that if i should put, say, my watch in a different place one day, i'd totally forget to put it on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not THAT absent-minded, more clumsy than absent-minded. I have visual memory and it helps me to remember where I've put things around the house, even if let's say it's dark in the room.

I define absent-mindedness like constantly thinking, "looking to the future", but that doesn't prevent me to pay attention from time to time to the surroundings and the present moment. I mean I am concious of the things around me, but I just choose to ignore them to some degree.

And a personal opinion, I think the logical subtype description is much similar to the ISTj type (authoritarian and strict about beliefs or opinion), probably that's why many of the INTjs here identify with the intuitive subtype, including me :wink:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugo, it's all in how you phrase the question. Let's ask it differently:

Assuming that everybody loses stuff sometimes, forgets appointments every once in a while, fails to notice important things in the surrounding, etc. ...
    Do you think that you are absent-minded compared to a regular human being?
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Creepy-Fry(intj)

this is true the mind absent most of the time.

The spirit is away from the body, but it is in the fantasy land.

many time, i found myself thinking about somehting very interesting and i can't seen to aware of anything happen around me. seriously, the fantasy land is much more fun than the brutal reality.

Creepy-whoever

My manager would ask me if I have completed something that she's asked me to do earlier and I'd be like, "What, did you ask me to do that??" and ran back to my desk. Within a minute, I'd go back and tell her I've actually completed the thing and has it sent out. That happens a lot. The manager is an ISFj, btw.

That's me, with notorious poor memory and absent-minded. For some reason, it takes time for me to recall things.

I'm an I(N)Tj, I believe.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    I'm absent-minded. I once wore mismatched shoes and didn't even realize it.
    I bet I can beat that. I once wore a my shirt inside out through school without realizing it until someone pointed it out--and this happened more than once! Although I wouldn't say that I'm particularly absent-minded...more like an irrational idiot with a gifted IQ. Yeah, I do really stupid stuff sometimes.

My cousin is a very organized INTj. I wouldn't say that he's any more absent-minded than the average person.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I am very absent-minded. I usually cope with it fairly well by being very paranoid. I always carry around everything that I might need and before I leave home, I go through all variable things in my mind.
    Sounds like me.
    INTJ

Creepy-ms kensington

i wore mismatched shoes last week. they were different colors. wtf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Where are the intj logical subtype members?
    Yeah what does this mean???

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo

INTj (logical subtype)
    Is concrete and regulated, organizer in the science, he does not entrust to the too removed ideas. Scholar, but only in its narrow region. In the behavior - it is dry, restrained, it can be authoritarian. It does not love discussions and frictions in the association, it is held on the distant psychological distance. Strict adherent of reasonable systems. It bears a strict clothing, it is attempted to be in grow prettier to physical form.
    *confused*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know one logical subtype INTj that could not care less more about his clothes. He picks up two random socks from his draw and wears them, which drives his mum bonkers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i interpreted that as a person who tries to take care of their appearance, but i don't know jack about russian.
    Yo Maria, what is that you're kissing in you hand?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    I bet I can beat that. I once wore a my shirt inside out through school without realizing it until someone pointed it out--and this happened more than once! Although I wouldn't say that I'm particularly absent-minded...more like an irrational idiot with a gifted IQ. Yeah, I do really stupid stuff sometimes.

My cousin is a very organized INTj. I wouldn't say that he's any more absent-minded than the average person.
    Off topic, but does it seem to anyone else that Intuitives are generally seen as less intelligent IRL unless they are gifted with very high IQs? I mean, a lot of the ENTps I know are considered down right morons, except for the couple who can focus and don't have the attention span of two year-olds.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off topic, but hey Rocky don't you think you are in the wrong forum? This supposed to be Alpha Quadra discussions. What is the point to have special thread for Alpha Quadra if every moron from different Quadra thinks they have to insert their 50 cents in here. No hard feelings Rocky, but WTF?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Cone

Off topic, but does it seem to anyone else that Intuitives are generally seen as less intelligent IRL unless they are gifted with very high IQs? I mean, a lot of the ENTps I know are considered down right morons, except for the couple who can focus and don't have the attention span of two year-olds.
    ahahhahahaha. You're bullshitting.

Most NTs are seen as intelligent. Stop.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nobrainer
    Off topic, but hey Rocky don't you think you are in the wrong forum? This supposed to be Alpha Quadra discussions. What is the point to have special thread for Alpha Quadra if every moron from different Quadra thinks they have to insert their 50 cents in here. No hard feelings Rocky, but WTF?
    You're bullshitting too.

There is no rule that dictates exclusive access to the member of the Quadra.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG

You're bullshitting too.

There is no rule that dictates exclusive access to the member of the Quadra.
    You're right, that's why we've got yet another moron with 50 cents.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FDG: I was thinking more of the ENTps I know, who are often perceived as not the sharpest bunch (but certainly not all of them). But, also Mike_INTJ on this forum mentioned that he was put in some remedial classes or something like that (even Einstein was considered retared as a kid).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied

oh and nobrainer i'm holding a bottle of children's dimetapp (long story.)
    Jeeee I had to google dimetapp to find out wtf it was. If it is true what they say about it, I would have kissed it myself!!!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*imagines implied on a robo trip*
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    *imagines implied on a robo trip*
    LOL! What's a robo trip????... Just kidding :wink:

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Hugo, it's all in how you phrase the question. Let's ask it differently:

Assuming that everybody loses stuff sometimes, forgets appointments every once in a while, fails to notice important things in the surrounding, etc. ...
    Do you think that you are absent-minded compared to a regular human being?

in that case, then no. i guess i'm not significantly more absent-minded than average.

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, I just want to say that I'm currently not sure of my type, although I could be INTJ (or ENTP, ENTJ, INTP, etc.)

I'm have a terrible memory when it comes to daily life - if there is something to forget, then I'll forget it, and its even worse when I travel overseas because I leave heaps of things behind (although I try to remember them) and people always have to internationally mail things to where I live. However, most of the time when I forget something its because I haven't thought about it - usually because I have been enjoying some good ol' future-orientated escapism, internally laughing at a personal joke from 5 years back or debating some irrelevant idea.

However, there are also things that I never forget - like I always remember to eat and have never gone without food. I also tend to wear my clothes the right way round , although I'm oblivious to what others are wearing, surroundings and the like.

If something is a habit, I tend not to forget it, no matter how trivial it is. For example, I have this habit of drinking two cups of water before sleeping every night that has so far not been forgotten. I also never forget things that I've prioritised, the list of which often consists of just work, and I will never forget a deadline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<<My manager would ask me if I have completed something that she's asked me to do earlier and I'd be like, "What, did you ask me to do that??" and ran back to my desk. Within a minute, I'd go back and tell her I've actually completed the thing and has it sent out. >>

! ! !

I do that!!!!

I'm the intuitive subtype.

I'm completely absent-minded. I too have created systems by which it's hard for me to forget things in the morning. I have special places where I put things that are common everyday items (watch, cell phone, laptop, wallet, etc.).

If I forget and drop my keys on the kitchen bar on the way in the house, I spend at least an hour in frustrated panic trying to find them. It's always a matter of panic, because I just can't remember if I had something when I came home, or left it at work, or on the counter of the Quickie-mart when I stopped for a Frappacino.
    Obstacles cannot crush me; every obstacle yields to Stern Resolve.

-iNtJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's always a matter of panic, because I just can't remember if I had something when I came home, or left it at work, or on the counter of the Quickie-mart when I stopped for a Frappacino.
    When leaving the counter of the Quickie-mart, do you instinctively double-check the counter, worried that you forgot to take something? I find myself doing that in such situations.
    INTJ

No, I usually just want to get away from all the people. Having to smile and chat and make small talk with cashiers or people in line is maddening.

That's the worst part of my job. I work with a lot of "manly men" who are really into sports. I don't fault people for being "into sports", but for me it's a collosal waste of time and energy. Thus, I have absolutely nothing to say on the matter other than to shrug, smile and nod...
    Obstacles cannot crush me; every obstacle yields to Stern Resolve.

-iNtJ

Creepy-hihi

in the process of being so open minded, we tend to look absent minded from an exterior point of view.