Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Groening

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Matt Groening

creator of the simpsons

i have an idea but i'm actually having some difficulty with trying to find details that would present functional information.

quotes:

Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

Me fail english? Thats unpossible.

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.

Families are about love overcoming emotional torture.

I basically drew my own family. My father's name is Homer. My mother's name is Margaret. I have a sister Lisa and another sister Maggie, so I drew all of them. I was going to name the main character Matt, but I didn't think it would go over well in a pitch meeting, so I changed the name to Bart.

I grew up completely overwhelmed by TV, and part of the reason why I have gone into television is as a way to justify to myself all those wasted hours of watching TV as a kid. I can now look back and say, 'Oh, that was research.'

Living creatively is really important to maintain throughout your life. And living creatively doesn't mean only artistic creativity, although that's part of it. It means being yourself, not just complying with the wishes of other people.

I love the idea that we put in jokes the kids don't get. And that later, when they grow up and read a few books and go to college and watch the show again, they can get it on a completely different level.

Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

Love is a perky elf dancing a merry little jig, then suddenly he turns on you with a miniature machine gun.

Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

I draw a weekly comic strip called Life in Hell, which is syndicated in about 250 newspapers. That's what I did before The Simpsons, and what I plan to do for the rest of my life.

Last edited by silke; 09-13-2019 at 08:40 PM. Reason: updated links

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably ISTp.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sei?
    ἀταραξία

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me he seems most like an SLI, especially in the Letterman video. SEI could be possible, but he seems to settle into a deadpan mode with an expressionless face most of the time.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

space ghost interview is gold.

i think i can see ISTp. he at least seems Si dominant.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't think of a better suggestion than SLI, although I'm not sure I'd have thought of it myself.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI?

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The simpsons is a very delta show, so I guess he is delta. Maybe SLI-Te ?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matt Groening - INTJ - Robespierre

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Matt Groening - INTJ - Robespierre

this can't be unseen.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm watching this interview of him and I'm thinking he could be ILI-Ni.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the typings in this thread almost hurt me physically. obvious Ni dominant type.

IEI imo

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    I'm watching this interview of him and I'm thinking he could be ILI-Ni.
    Nah, LII-Ne probably is it. Another point for KHCS.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post

IEI imo
    The show has lots of slapstick comedy which is more alpha and Ne territory imo. Where do you see Ni/Fe? Sorry you are hurting there soundofconfusion. Find something to ease the pain. Watch the Simpsons or something.

I find it funny Bart is often typed ESTP in MBTI because of his goofy one-liners. I would say the character is closer to an ILE than an SLE. I saw that Bart was based loosely on Matt and his brother.

I think some alpha type for Matt.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI imo
    No... just no

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On photos he looks ILI (perhaps because of the glasses), but in videos he's very SLI.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    The show has lots of slapstick comedy which is more alpha and Ne territory imo. Where do you see Ni/Fe? Sorry you are hurting there soundofconfusion. Find something to ease the pain. Watch the Simpsons or something.

I find it funny Bart is often typed ESTP in MBTI because of his goofy one-liners. I would say the character is closer to an ILE than an SLE. I saw that Bart was based loosely on Matt and his brother.

I think some alpha type for Matt.
    I just don't understand why almost everyone here suggests that he's an Si base type (types that spend quite a lot of time in nature), when he basically spend his whole youth watching tv and reading comics, which is a huge indication towards Ni (disregarding reality in favor of imagination). the users of this website do this all the time and it absolutely confuses me.

Se suggestive @2:56

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

just ditch the idea that only Ni can generate fine piece of artsy fartsy stuff
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    just ditch the idea that only Ni can generate fine piece of artsy fartsy stuff
    I just mentioned here that Ni types are prone to ignoring reality in favor of their imagination, which is explained on wikisocion.

"As a base function, Ni generally manifests itself through a lack of direct attention to the world around oneself, and a sense of detachment or freedom from worldly affairs. This can lead to a highly developed imagination and very unique mental world, but it can also result in a great deal of laziness and apparent inactivity. Because the individual gets his or her primary information about the world through imagination, a person with base may be able to thrive in situations where data are scarce, or where he or she lacks the usual prerequisite experience."

I don't think it's wrong to assume that people with a highly developed imagination create interesting works of art. another thing to keep in mind is that the simpson series made quite a lot of predictions for the future, the most famous prediction probably being donald trump as president.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just mentioned here that Ni types are prone to ignoring reality in favor of their imagination, which is explained on wikisocion.

"As a base function, Ni generally manifests itself through a lack of direct attention to the world around oneself, and a sense of detachment or freedom from worldly affairs. This can lead to a highly developed imagination and very unique mental world, but it can also result in a great deal of laziness and apparent inactivity. Because the individual gets his or her primary information about the world through imagination, a person with base may be able to thrive in situations where data are scarce, or where he or she lacks the usual prerequisite experience."

I don't think it's wrong to assume that people with a highly developed imagination create interesting works of art. another thing to keep in mind is that the simpson series made quite a lot of predictions for the future, the most famous prediction probably being donald trump as president.
    LII has as strong Ni as a base Ni type.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    LII has as strong Ni as a base Ni type.
    that's true, and I think suggesting an INXX type for Matt Groening makes sense, I just don't understand the other suggestions.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI imo
    Of the people who posted here in 2008, most of them had only recently learned about socionics. A lot of them have become experts in the theory although that might not be obvious from this thread.

The rest made exactly zero observations of his personality.

You made one, which is better than zero I guess but it's far from thorough.

(I haven't looked at Groening, for all I know he could be SLI.)

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Of the people who posted here in 2008, most of them had only recently learned about socionics. A lot of them have become experts in the theory although that might not be obvious from this thread.

The rest made exactly zero observations of his personality.

You made one, which is better than zero I guess but it's far from thorough.

(I haven't looked at Groening, for all I know he could be SLI.)
    well I didn't really want to criticise anyone specifically here, I also didn't pay attention to who made the typing. I just noticed that there are many SLI/SEI typings on this website that don't make any sense to me. I interact with hundreds of them because of my job, so I would say that I have a very strong idea of these two types. usually they live a rather humble and stereotypical life without really sticking out (a life that Matt Groening criticises at the end of the video I've posted).

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

usually they live a rather humble and stereotypical life without really sticking out (a life that Matt Groening criticises at the end of the video I've posted).
    yes, I'd agree with that concept of Si leading.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I just don't understand why almost everyone here suggests that he's an Si base type (types that spend quite a lot of time in nature), when he basically spend his whole youth watching tv and reading comics, which is a huge indication towards Ni (disregarding reality in favor of imagination). the users of this website do this all the time and it absolutely confuses me.

It is a common mistake for those coming from an MBTI background to think sensors inferior in the arts and other fields that involve the use of imagination.

I am not sure how deep you went into MBTI but some of your posts remind me of others coming from MBTI. I am not saying Matt is an Si lead since I don't really know. I wouldn't completely rule it out though. Not based on anything said in this thread or his interviews. I do rule out IEI.

Jung on Si:
    "Actually he lives in a mythological world, where men, animals, locomotives, houses, rivers, and mountains appear either as benevolent deities or as malevolent demons."
    I know several excellent artists irl that are Si leads. My brother-in-law is a tattoo artist. My SEI cousin is an artist, poet and amazing cook. She followed in the footsteps of her father who moved to the USA, apprenticed with his uncle and eventually became a 5 star chef. It is easy to cherry pick parts of descriptions but what you quoted about Ni being lazy and such, in another post can apply to to IP types in general. Matt is not disregarding reality. He is exaggerating and mocking it in many ways and capitalizing on it.

From the start, Groening was adamant that this was to be a world with clearly defined parameters. ‘Yes, crazy things could happen to the characters, but they had to react in the same way that a person would react in such a situation. When they hurt themselves, they really feel pain. This was my golden rule.’

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...interview.html
    You also can't take a moment or two from an interview like that and say that is Se suggestive. He also says that his favorite show as a kid was due to it being very real and the characters rigid. I don't think 2:56 points to Se suggestive. A lot of boys find the "mean" characters amusing and like them. He is a hard worker. He is not lazy. He is self motivated from what I can tell.

So, it would be a mistake to think every artist or writer is Ni because they have a good imagination or spent time watching TV and reading comic books as children. In his time that was probably not uncommon. Ne types also have good imaginations. ILE are also very fantasy prone, for example.

Ni is just as likely to keep a lot of their art and imagination to themselves since there is no strong impulse to make things concrete. Again, I am not saying Matt is Si lead. He could be but I am leaning alpha NT. Due to the content of his work I find it plausible that he might even be Fi polr not SLE but ILE. I have not looked too much into him because I am not interested. Just giving some thoughts on typing that you may want to keep in mind.

Socionics blurb on Ni:
    Jung on Ni:
    "
    "One of the most difficult types is the intuitive introvert"

"The intuitive extravert, you find them [all over]..renters, bankers, gamblers,... That is quite understandable. But the introvert...introverted variety...is more difficulty (sic) because he has intuitions as to the subjective factor, namely the Inner world. And of course that is very difficult to understand. Because what he sees are most uncommon things..and he doesn't like to talk of them..if he's not a fool...because he would spoil his own game, by telling people what he sees because people won't understand it."

"so you see, if...when the intuitive...the introverted intuitive would speak what he really perceives...then practically no one would understand it. He would be misunderstood. And so they learn to keep things to themselves. And you hardly ever hear them talking of these things..that is a great disadvantage...but it is an enormous advantage in another way not to speak of the experience in that way but also in human relations. For instance, they come into the presence of somebody they don't know and suddenly they have inner images. And those inner images give them more or less complete information about the psychology of the partner..."

"So the introverted intuitive has, in a way, a very difficult life. Although one of the most interesting lives."
    Also keep in mind all the introverted functions are abstract. If he is an introvert I can see why he might have preferred staying indoors and watching TV especially if he had few friends. This is not uncommon now and I imagine it was not uncommon when he was growing up. TV was still a novelty since in became popular in the decade he was born (I had to look that up to make sure). I am just wondering what is specifically Ni about his work, to you? Other than imagination which is not exclusive to Ni leads. Let's say an SLI is carving a piece of wood to make a table or custom cabinets. Does that not take some imagination if he is a craftsmen. SLI is called the artisan after all. Pretty sure there are Ni leads who love nature and Si leads who prefer being indoors. My cousin loves nature but unfortunately, like me, suffers many allergies so has to be more content watching it online than being out in it. Runs in my dna. I am enchanted by nature. I rarely do outdoor activities though. I watch it in documentaries more than truly go out and experience it. I can stare out the window for ages and be content with that.

I don't know if any of this will have an influence on how you develop your typing skills. I wanted to say it since it might make someone think about it.

Edit: some of my post is redundant or out of order since I was just posting my thoughts then put them in order after. I am still half asleep.
    Last edited by Aylen; 09-15-2019 at 05:12 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I could see Ne/Si for the simpsons. I think its very alpha, it never really appealed to me also. Also bart SLE is very possible

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Also matt groening is probably ILE 7w6

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylen:
    I have been studying socionics for 4 years now and build a german website with translations of around a 1000 pages. I've read countless of type descritpions and probably spend 2-3 hours every day reading about socionics. I think MBTI is an oversimplified mess. I know I still got a lot to learn but I would say that I'm not new to the theory. I do have to admit that I rely heavily on my intuition when it comes to typing, but I think it works very well in most cases, since Ni is related to pattern recognition. Victor Gulenko himself mentioned several times that Ni is relate to artistic abilities, while sensing type creativity is more focused on reality (like cooking for example). I highly doubt that an SLI or SEI would create the simpsons. sure you could say I picked a moment or two from an interview to back up my point, but it's more than most people do here to back up their typing. how do you explain that Groening himself mentioned that he comes from an unorthodox family, and that he thinks his creativity comes from his father? (he mentions it at the end of the video I posted.) I will look for more proof about his type in the next few days if I get the time.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    I could see Ne/Si for the simpsons. I think its very alpha, it never really appealed to me also. Also bart SLE is very possible
    what do you think of Lisa? she's Groenings favorite character and imo an IEI.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Aylen:
    I have been studying socionics for 4 years now and build a german website with translations of around a 1000 pages. I've read countless of type descritpions and probably spend 2-3 hours every day reading about socionics. I think MBTI is an oversimplified mess. I know I still got a lot to learn but I would say that I'm not new to the theory. I do have to admit that I rely heavily on my intuition when it comes to typing, but I think it works very well in most cases, since Ni is related to pattern recognition. Victor Gulenko himself mentioned several times that Ni is relate to artistic abilities, while sensing type creativity is more focused on reality (like cooking for example). I highly doubt that an SLI or SEI would create the simpsons. sure you could say I picked a moment or two from an interview to back up my point, but it's more than most people do here to back up their typing. how do you explain that Groening himself mentioned that he comes from an unorthodox family, and that he thinks his creativity comes from his father? (he mentions it at the end of the video I posted.) I will look for more proof about his type in the next few days if I get the time.
    Like I said I am leaning Alpha NT. The point I was making is that any type can be an artist, musician, poet or writer. The slapstick humor just seems very alpha . The storylines are superficial and kind of infantile even when they are trying to make some kind of statement. Plenty of things that suggest weak and/or unvalued Fi in his work, to me.

I am not sure what you mean by he thinks he gets his creativity from his father?

I look forward to your analysis.

As for Lisa, I think Fi (ij) with her high conscientiousness best fit is probably EII > ESI. Since the characters have 0 cognition I am just going by description.

Lisa Marie Simpson[1] is a fictional character in the animated television series The Simpsons. She is the middle child and most intelligent of the Simpson family. Voiced by Yeardley Smith, Lisa was born as a character in The Tracey Ullman Show short "Good Night" on April 19, 1987. Cartoonist Matt Groening created and designed her while waiting to meet James L. Brooks. Groening had been invited to pitch a series of shorts based on his comic Life in Hell, but instead decided to create a new set of characters. He named the elder Simpson daughter after his younger sister Lisa Groening Bartlett. After appearing on The Tracey Ullman Show for three years, the Simpson family were moved to their own series on Fox, which debuted on December 17, 1989.

Intelligent, passionate, and the moral center of the family, Lisa Simpson, at eight years old, is the second child of Homer and Marge, younger sister of Bart, and older sister of Maggie. Lisa's high intellect and liberal political stance creates a barrier between her and other children her age, therefore she is a bit of a loner and social outcast. Lisa is a vegetarian, a strong environmentalist, a feminist, and a Buddhist. Lisa's character develops many times over the course of the show: she becomes a vegetarian in season 7 and converts to Buddhism in season 13. A strong liberal, Lisa advocates for a variety of political causes (e.g. standing with the Tibetan independence movement) which usually sets her against most of the people in Springfield. However, she can also be somewhat intolerant of opinions that differ from her own, often refusing to consider alternative perspectives. In her free time, Lisa enjoys many hobbies such as reading and playing the baritone saxophone, despite her father's annoyance regarding the latter.

Ethical subtype Fi-INFj (Fi-EII)

Description by V. Meged and A. Ovcharov

Appearance
    The ethical subtype appears polite, restrained, and impassive. Usually keeps some distance in communication, at times seems cold, firm, and unemotional. In the process of dialogue, however, this impression gradually dissipates as he begins to sympathize and shows his desire to help and assist. Serious, calm, and well-wishing person. Quite insightful but reserved and rarely shares his observations. Fastidious and tactful. Doesn't know how to joke, feels afraid of saying something in excess. During arguments prefers to leave silently without resorting to diplomacy. Very hardworking, meticulous, patient, and diligent. Intolerant of violence and injustice. Consistent and firm in his principles. Able to create comfort, decorates his home with hand-made items. Knows how to work with his hands. Pays attention to his health and appearance; in appearance is usually neat and prim. Rarely smiles. His gaze seems guarded. Dresses modestly but with taste, in presence of sufficient funds even in exquisite manner. His movements are smooth, yet constrained. His gait is quick and light, somewhat restrained, at times pattering. Sits straight and seldom gesticulates in conversation.

Character
    This individual is very interested in relations between people. Values understanding, tolerance, capacity for compromise for the sake of harmony in relations. Attempts to be helpful, responsive, and attentive towards everyone. Accepts people as they are; forgives their weaknesses and does not seek to change them by force. Tries to adhere to the principles of fairness and compassion. Predisposes others towards trust. Can patiently listen out his conversation partner. Relates with understanding to manifestations of turbulent emotions in others; tries to calm the person down, give some useful advice. If this does not help, knows how to wait patiently until the person calms down on his or her own. Does not need verbal confirmation of feelings himself - he understands everything without words. Stable and persistent in his sympathies and affections. Cherishes soulful harmony, his own and that of others. If his partner does not fully satisfy him, he departs without much commotion and sorting out the relationship.

Achieves the goal he set before himself adamantly, sequentially and persistently, overcoming many difficulties in the process. While defending his interests he demonstrates principality and stubbornness. In extreme situations, acts logically and calmly, focusing his attention on the main aspects. Dislikes hurry and haste. Knows how to properly distribute events and work in time and manages to finish everything by the deadlines. Feels annoyed when having one unfinished job he is assigned another. Tries to prepare in advance to not disappoint others. Does not want to burden others with himself. Likes thoroughness and solidity in everything. Getting bogged down by details can over-exhaust himself. Operative and conscientious. Invests his soul into any job, performs it beautifully and skillfully.

Shows little interest in anything that does not concern him and his interests. Has developed sense of skepticism, due to which there is certain inertness in his behavior. By nature he is cautious and distrusting; shares his experiences only with people who are close to him. Self-controlled in behavior, laconic, and unimposing in providing advice. Tries to objectively understand any argument and explain to each contestant where he or she is wrong. Laments his failures in solitude. Finds it difficult to tolerate conflict and misunderstandings. Restrained in showing his emotions, shows them only in a close circle of friends. Modest and bashful; rarely voices negative comments regarding others, instead waits for the person to feel his own fault.

Observant of the aesthetics of appearance and interior, tries to instill aesthetic taste in others. Intolerant of slovenliness. Dislikes discomfort and poor taste; eagerly listens to the advice of others on such subjects. Poorly assesses the quality of his own work and time expended on it. Responsible; disapproves of lack of punctuality and conscientiousness in others. Often finds his calling working as a psychologist or physician, or taking up social work of humanitarian nature.

Description by Victor Gulenko

Unobtrusive, controlled, may be ascetic and strict towards himself and others when it comes to ethical principles. Not given to take initiative or display and interest in that which isn't connected to his interests, views, and convictions. At work is scrupulous and delayed. With him it is possible to have a talk, to pour out one's soul, to receive simple yet good and useful advice. May be spiritual or religious, or keep to some ethical system. Outward appearance - immersed info self, ascetic, tense inner life is visible in his outward look.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bart - SLE
    Lisa - IEE
    i think

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the two videos. He didn't say anything about watching TV for escaping reality, seems like it was more for enjoyment or out of boredom.

In fact, his idea of making "boring (mundane) yet fun" shows that very much relate to real people sounds very Ne/Si valuing. He named the Simpsons after his own family, how's that for low Ne?

Stan Lee (ESE) did a similar thing with Spiderman: he wanted him to be a relatable character, with flaws, and based the fictional city he lived in on his own neighborhood in New York.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

what do you think of Lisa? she's Groenings favorite character and imo an IEI.
    you think everybodys IEI

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    you think everybodys IEI
    nah, I think everyone is an EIE

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa - ESE with strong Ne and Fi

Bart ILE + SLE combo of them both

Homer - LSE doh

Marge - ESE

Maggie - Baby

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. Yeah, probably SLI actually

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa is more EII imo, type 1

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post

Hmm. Yeah, probably SLI actually
    >designing and envisioning a reality that plays in a distant future
    >SLI, a type that is basically mr. down-to-earth and completely lives in the present reality.

I think Lisa values se too much to be an EII

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>designing and envisioning a reality that plays in a distant future
    >SLI, a type that is basically mr. down-to-earth and completely lives in the present reality.

I think Lisa values se too much to be an EII
    Even IF we accept the system to accurately phenotypically represent the inner worlds of people - it is not as unnuanced as ''completely'' being down to earth and living in a present reality. It is a fundamental mistake to order the world in such a rigid way.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand you, but it also seems wrong to me to give types specific qualities that they simply not have. SLI have 1 dimensional Ne + Ni as role function, which is basically turned off in favor of our base

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast