Thread: Matt Groening

Threaded View

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Matt Groening

creator of the simpsons

i have an idea but i'm actually having some difficulty with trying to find details that would present functional information.

quotes:

Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

Me fail english? Thats unpossible.

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.

Families are about love overcoming emotional torture.

I basically drew my own family. My father's name is Homer. My mother's name is Margaret. I have a sister Lisa and another sister Maggie, so I drew all of them. I was going to name the main character Matt, but I didn't think it would go over well in a pitch meeting, so I changed the name to Bart.

I grew up completely overwhelmed by TV, and part of the reason why I have gone into television is as a way to justify to myself all those wasted hours of watching TV as a kid. I can now look back and say, 'Oh, that was research.'

Living creatively is really important to maintain throughout your life. And living creatively doesn't mean only artistic creativity, although that's part of it. It means being yourself, not just complying with the wishes of other people.

I love the idea that we put in jokes the kids don't get. And that later, when they grow up and read a few books and go to college and watch the show again, they can get it on a completely different level.

Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

Love is a perky elf dancing a merry little jig, then suddenly he turns on you with a miniature machine gun.

Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

I draw a weekly comic strip called Life in Hell, which is syndicated in about 250 newspapers. That's what I did before The Simpsons, and what I plan to do for the rest of my life.

Last edited by silke; 09-13-2019 at 08:40 PM. Reason: updated links