Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ffff

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ffff

Going by the hidden agenda alone and my and and dilemma ... I am only stating these two types.

I can Vote for the type you think I am ...

Why I could be ENTp

- I tend to rely on my knowledge of what other people believe to decide what is best for me to believe, and I tend to abandon old practices for new practices when I see that there is a better way to do things. I like to look at all parts of a picture and to understand all points of views without bias and I can hold conflicting beliefs in my head and understand each belief in their entirety. I can compare two concept to each other and seperate the good and bad concepts from them to create something new.

- I am not really an emotional person, and the only time I emote feeling is when I need to convince people of a point or to get people to like me by asking questions about them or other limited amounts of . However, I do not always know if I am really liked by people and I can not always tell by the way people act. I do not always know how people feel about me and I have problems with being too close or too distant emotionally to people.

Why I could be INFp:

I have done limited predictions concerning the way people behave if I am in a situation that I feel may be threatening or that I must save myself or others. I do not like bullies and I tend to stick up for the little guy. I have used emotional manipulation to some degree, but usually only to get people to like me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not enough information to tell either way.

Tell me what it feel like when you are rationalizing something.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Not enough information to tell either way.

Tell me what it feel like when you are rationalizing something.
    If I am thinking about something complex, I usually rely on alot of trial and error and if I see something is not working I try it another way until I get the desired effect. If someone gives me a problem and expects me to solve it a certain exact and specific way, I either totally disappoint the person by solving it my own way anyways the way I think it should be solved or I do not solve it at all.

In conversations I tend to only talk about information I am familiar with, and if I am not familiar with the information I usually get bored with the conversation as a whole and I either change the subject or take a passive role by just listening in on what is being talked about until I get a broad and general idea of what is being said and can comment on something.
    When I am in the presence of other men, I tend to talk to other people who are educated or have a batchelors or PHD or something, because normally those are the only people I seem to be able to hold a conversation with for a period of time. Like, I might talk to a computer programmer about programming or a pastor about theology or a professor about language tenses or congugation and sometimes I will even talk to others in another language all together, usually german.

Although If I am around females, I tend to switch to using more , because I have learned that using with them is not effective as I could not hold a conversation with a girl unless I use some emotion.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW.

People actually think he's INFp?
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

I don't think McNew is INFp, but I'm also not sure he is ENTp.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU ARE HUMORING THIS THEORY. IF YOU ARE NOT ENTP, YOU ARE ENFJ OR SOMEOTHER TYPE, BUT NOT AN INFP!!!
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In conversations I tend to only talk about information I am familiar with, and if I am not familiar with the information I usually get bored with the conversation as a whole and I either change the subject or take a passive role by just listening in on what is being talked about until I get a broad and general idea of what is being said and can comment on something.
    .. I think that sound more like Introversion...

EDIT: how do the extraverts relate to this?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, is an introverted function and that is exactly the way I rationalize information when I think.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still want to hear what the other Extraverts have to say. But, and I hope this isn't offensive or whatever, I still think you sound like some kind of introvert. ExTp types generally claim to be quicker thinkers/actionary, not so much reflective.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

God, Joy...

ENTps.

Hey guess what? I can read this JUST AS WELL AS I CAN READ THIS.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    God, Joy...

ENTps.

Hey guess what? I can read this JUST AS WELL AS I CAN READ THIS.
    I'm not generally one to yell. That's sorta the point...
    SEE

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU ARE HUMORING THIS THEORY. IF YOU ARE NOT ENTP, YOU ARE ENFJ OR SOMEOTHER TYPE, BUT NOT AN INFP!!!
    The fact that he is entertaining this theory is what makes me think he's really an ENTp. Either that, or incredibly bored.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Herzblut, Steve, Joy: Answer my question, damn it!
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevENTj
    The fact that he is entertaining this theory is what makes me think he's really an ENTp. Either that, or incredibly bored.
    WTF does that mean?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still want to hear what the other Extraverts have to say. But, and I hope this isn't offensive or whatever, I still think you sound like some kind of introvert. ExTp types generally claim to be quicker thinkers/actionary, not so much reflective.
    Of course I would sound like an introvert with that question. I answered the question you gave me specifically, which would make me sound like an introvert because that is exactly what it is like to use .

Your question was : Tell me what it feel like when you are rationalizing something?

You did not ask me what it feels like when I am irrationalizing something. I might have answered slightly diffrent if you had clarified that.

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think an ESTp with an 1st function would be that way, and that's certainly true of the ones I've known personally. I don't think this is true of an ENTp where that's the Role function, which tries not to stand out.

Isn't a reflective process? He created this thread considering the possibility that some people think he's an INFp, and will now analyze the idea using to see if it could really be true. And it's always a logical analysis, not an ethical one. The mere nature of this thread is very ENTp-ish to me, somebody who is always considering all possibilities and re-evaluating what they believe with an emphasis on logical analysis.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the statement does not necessarily sound like Introverion. I am like that as well... It's not so much a matter of reflecting when taking a passive role, more so observing. Changing the subject would be a preferable option in a lot of situations, but if I was in a group of say... Home Inspectors... I would just listen and try to learn what I can. I guess it's a matter of whether or not I'm bored and how appropriate it would be to change the subject.

I will say, however... that if I was a gambler I wouldn't put money on rmcnew being an Extrovert... He is NOT, however, an INFp!

Has anyone ever considered INTp? He's negative like INTps are...
    SEE

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think xNTx's like opening their mouths without knowing what they're talking about first. We hate it if we come across as stupid or say something that's wrong. If I'm not familiar with what somebody is talking about, chances are I don't have any interest in it because I tend to gather a ton of knowledge about anything I have an interest in. Therefore if I'm not familiar with the subject and I have no interest, it becomes small talk to me which I hate and get bored with very easily. If it's something new that I DO have an interest in, maybe I'll ask some questions.

Since most of the social gatherings I go to are small talk, I end up being very quiet and this is what led me to believe I'm actually an Introvert. But I'm not! It's just that small talk bores the hell out of me. Conversation has to have a purpose for me, otherwise I'm not interested. The chatroom, and "game" threads I will never ever ever post in as an example.

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a much better chance of that than INFp but I don't think he's INTp either. He's much more than . Te would have to be a strong function from him to be an INTp and lets face it, his Te just ain't there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night while I was going to the fitness center, I rode with 4 girls who would constantly try to ask me personal questions and kept giving me cute nicknames the entire time we were there.

The tagged me as an intelligent person and wondered if I was some sort of computer person. I'd just give them funny answers to everything they said to me the entire time, but wouldn't give them direct answers to their questions.

Like for example....

Girl: what color do you like?
    Me: I don't play favorites. I like them all, they are like my children.

Girl: Are you dating?
    Me:Hmm, these are personal questions..

Girl: Do you have a girlfriend?
    Me: Yeah, I carry her around in a card-board box; she's the mini variety.

Girl: Are you married, then?
    Me: Not anymore! I want a divorce...
    Girl: From me?
    Me: [sarcastic]I just can't handle the abuse anymore....

Girl: So what did you do tonight?
    Me: I saw the sights, met new people, explored my options...

Girl: Do you have a car?
    Me: I remember back in the day that I didn't have wheels. It sort of sucked.
    Girl: [excited expression and voice tone] do you ever take any passengers?
    Me: When they are out to do the things I like to do, yes.
    Girl: Where do you go?
    Me: As long as they enjoy my company and I enjoy theirs that's insignifigant.

After about a half hour of this they eventually started begging me for direct answers and said that I was elusive and mysterious, and were always hanging around me the entire time.

Well, tonight I ran into all of them at a school party and I struck up a conversation with them, and I told them I use to be a computer science major, and they reconfirmed that I looked intelligent.

I wasn't doing the cocky funny as much, so I asked them if they ment intelligent as in "intelligent intelligent" or "only intelligent".

One of the girls said that she would be content with whatever I perfered (escape question)

I said "intelligent intillegent is what I perfered" and walked off.

Well, I walked back by them to go to the water fountain and two started to folllow me to direct me back to their group saying"

Girls: Ohhh, come back with us, all the people are in the other direction.

They blocked my path to the water fountain so I said:

Me: Wow, do you two make a hobby of following me around? You know, for stalker girls you two are pretty cute..

They giggled and ran off, and didn't say much of anything else to me the rest of the night except for a hello or two.

I think I did alright, except that I'm not really interested in the girls and was basically using them for practice.

They seem to find me interesting atleast.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, do not forget I can be unnecessarily pessimistic about the future () and my is not used very often.

Umm...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think an ESTp with an 1st function would be that way, and that's certainly true of the ones I've known personally. I don't think this is true of an ENTp where that's the Role function, which tries not to stand out.

Isn't a reflective process? He created this thread considering the possibility that some people think he's an INFp, and will now analyze the idea using to see if it could really be true. And it's always a logical analysis, not an ethical one. The mere nature of this thread is very ENTp-ish to me, somebody who is always considering all possibilities and re-evaluating what they believe with an emphasis on logical analysis.
    Fuck, Steve, that is complete bullshit. Just look at someone like "Five" (ISTj) or me in the past. It has nothin to do with Ne. Fuck.

And Ne is also not a reflective function. Introversion=reflection.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Hmmm, do not forget I can be unnecessarily pessimistic about the future () and my is not used very often.
    http://socionics.com/advan/prof/intp.htm

MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck, Steve, that is complete bullshit. Just look at someone like "Five" (ISTj) or me in the past. It has nothin to do with Ne. Fuck.

Ne is more about "exploring the possibilites", or even emulating different things/people. Since Ne is perceptive, it is more about the "collecting" part than the reasoning part. Reasoning are judging functions.
    What I meant was, in the context of this thread he is "exploring the possibilities" ABOUT HIMSELF in which case it becomes a reflective process does it not?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think steve is saying that I am being both considerate and analytical, so I am not at all sure that disagreeing with him is totally necessary.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you are doing the same thing that Five did, so maybe you are an ISTj as well, lol.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that description just totally does not describe me the least bit ...

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think steve is saying that I am being both considerate and analytical, so I am not at all sure that disagreeing with him is totally necessary.
    What I'm saying is that people here have a lot of different thoughts about your type. You "consider the possibilities" and then analyze them logically for merit. But since "considering the possibliities" which can be applied to anything in the external world is about YOU in this case, it becomes "reflective".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne is more about "exploring the possibilites", or even emulating different things/people. Since Ne is perceptive, it is more about the "collecting" part than the reasoning part. Reasoning are judging functions.
    What I meant was, in the context of this thread he is "exploring the possibilities" ABOUT HIMSELF in which case it becomes a reflective process does it not?
    Exploring possibilities and reflecting about yourself are different things. Reflection/introspection has something to do with introversion. I have to admit that our Models aren't good enough to fully explain this phenominum, however.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Socionics.com is 99.9% laughable! That description doesn’t even fit me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I'm saying is that people here have a lot of different thoughts about your type. You "consider the possibilities" and then analyze them logically for merit. But since "considering the possibliities" which can be applied to anything in the external world is about YOU in this case, it becomes "reflective".
    But how do you explain someone with a PoLR of Ne doing the same thing? That is my problem with people following the Models (which are over-simplifications) too systematically. Also, using some terms like "possibilites" and "analysis" are HIGHLEY subjective, and to get the "truer" feel for the funcitons, you would either have to consiously observe them in others, or read "Psychological Types" by Jung.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you are doing the same thing that Five did, so maybe you are an ISTj as well, lol.
    If anybody here is an ISTj I'd say it's you. You latch on to little details about people or things they might have said at one point ( ) and then seem to fight fiercely around those smaller points to prove something about somebody ( ) while completely missing the bigger picture or calling them "bullshit". It's a fairly consistent pattern. Others have echoed comments like this about you too, and I agree with them. That seems more TiSe than SiTe.

edit: but that is for another thread....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics.com is 99.9% laughable! That description doesn’t even fit me.
    *cough*SLI*cough*

MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anybody here is an ISTj I'd say it's you. You latch on to little details about people or things they might have said at one point ( ) and then seem to fight fiercely around those smaller points to prove something about somebody ( ) while completely missing the bigger picture or calling them "bullshit". It's a fairly consistent pattern. Others have echoed comments like this about you too, and I agree with them. That seems more TiSe than SiTe.

edit: but that is for another thread....
    Umm, read the post I had above yours...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Stop trying to confuse me Rocky. This topic is about McNew.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But it's so fun and easy.

Ok, I'll stop, Sychophant, you're a bloody INTp.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exploring possibilities and reflecting about yourself are different things. Reflection/introspection has something to do with introversion. I have to admit that our Models aren't good enough to fully explain this phenominum, however.
    = "considering the possibilities" does not mention what you're considering the possibilities about. It could be anything, even what type you are.

But it's so fun and easy.

Ok, I'll stop, Sychophant, you're a bloody INTp.
    Fuck.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

= "considering the possibilities" does not mention what you're considering the possibilities about. It could be anything, even what type you are.
    Yes it could, but that's not what I was talking about. You seemed to miss that.

Also, a three word definition, as I said before, is FAR too much of an over-simplification, and is not to be taken too seriously.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast