Thread: Possible Enneagram types of forum members

TIM
    SLE- Se 8w7 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    I don't know much about you, so take this with a big grain of salt - but based solely upon reading your posts and chat messages, I can see 6w7. I haven't noticed any 8w7 attitudes surface - but like I said I have very little info.

Just my 2c.

Well I could be a 6. I don't think so though. I think even a 7 is more likely than a 6. I'm open to why you think so though.

I thought I was 6 then I took a test that Aylen (I think) posted here for tri types and scored social 8. I read the 8 descriptions with people who know me closely IRL and then the 6 and they both said the 8 sounds just like me. (at least on that source of info) I thought it was so obvious from the descriptions there I went back to a 8 and didn't look back at 6.

my instinct could be sx/so instead though. I've been watching a lot of movies during this lock down and I've noticed I really relate to the Sx/So characters

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w6 593 so/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow I sure was disintegrating a lot around the times I was active here huh. Not that I'm not now but looking back to how hard I had rationalized why despite being a fairly stereotypical 5 irl, I was totally a 9 and how I put disintegration to 7 of my thoughts being out of order as being a 9. To be fair, that whole "9s mistype as 5s, not the other way" narrative didn't help but welp.

And my instinctual stacking... Probs sp-first but who knows at this point.

TIM
    H-ILE
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onfireee View Post
    not really sure what mine is.... seems kinda confusing
    Type 6. possibly CP leaning.

TIM
    EDGy MEMe
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onfireee View Post
    not really sure what mine is.... seems kinda confusing
    @onfireee seems like a enneagram 1 tbh.

TIM
    H-ILE
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pierrette View Post
    @onfireee seems like a enneagram 1 tbh.
    Social subtype 6 is very 1-like.

TIM
    EDGy MEMe
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Social subtype 6 is very 1-like.
    I'm not going to argue about someone else's type, especially with someone else who is constantly changing their type at the drop of a hat. But I digress about that.

From what I've noticed/read previously of the two types:
    Type 1s deal with anger due to "not being good enough" as a child for whatever reason. They shift this anger into movement (gut triad) and are mainly concerned with their idea of perfection, morals, etc, and if they don't seek to perfect themselves to some crazy idealized standard (sp or so) then they usually seek to perfect others and usually society as a whole (this is with sx instinct specifically iirc, I've not had the space, time, or quiet to delve into again or read up on enneagram).

I will agree that social 6s can think that they're 1s. My mother who is a clear Enneagram 6 so/sx even picked e1 as the description she most related to! But the motivations are very different. What social 6's want is continuous rapport, constant reassurance from the same rather usually large group of people that they know they can trust (however, they sometimes even seek support from strangers and vents to them if an event affects her severely enough), and are usually OK with facing the fact that they must get help from others even if it's a difficult pill for them to swallow.

I am not trying to push ideas, logic or anything like that, but this is what I've noticed of the types I've met and grown up with.

TIM
    H-ILE
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pierrette View Post
    I'm not going to argue about someone else's type, especially with someone else who is constantly changing their type at the drop of a hat. But I digress about that.
    The main reason I think onfireee is a 6 is because apart from the 1-ish things, he and I have certain things in common, certain 6-ish traits I observe in how and what he posts.

hmm I don't understand why it bothers ppl that others switch their types. Accuracy is important. Can't just stick with a type IF it doesn't make sense compared to an alternative that fits better.
    I guess in my case the problem is I'm a CP 6, so the way I present and the way I am internally or how I can just switch on a dime is a bit confusing even to me. "Sixes are bundle of opposites." is certainly true.

SP 6 - friendly like 2 and want you as their ally
    SO 6 - perfectionistic and rule abiding like a 1, want to follow doctrines
    SX 6 - wants to fight antifa in a street brawl like an 8, doesn't give a shit about rules or authority

>) type 6 imo is the best type to be, they make for gr8 characters as well.

Tyler CP, the Narrator phobic

Bilbo Baggins phobic, Thorin CP

Last edited by shotgunfingers; 07-16-2020 at 05:15 PM. Reason: typos

TIM
    EDGy MEMe
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    The main reason I think onfireee is a 6 is because apart from the 1-ish things, he and I have certain things in common, certain 6-ish traits I observe in how and what he posts.

hmm I don't understand why it bothers ppl that others switch their types. Accuracy is important. Can't just stick with a type IF it doesn't make sense compared to an alternative that fits better.
    I guess in my case the problem is I'm a CP 6, so the way I present and the way I am internally or how I can just switch on a dime is a bit confusing even to me. "Sixes are bundle of opposites." is certainly true.

SP 6 - friendly like 2 and want you as their ally
    SO 6 - perfectionistic and rule abiding like a 1, want to follow doctrines
    SX 6 - wants to fight antifa in a street brawl like an 8, doesn't give a shit about rules or authority

>) type 6 imo is the best type to be, they make for gr8 characters as well.

Tyler CP, the Narrator phobic

Bilbo Baggins phobic, Thorin CP

Can you roast a fire?

I've talked to him 1 on 1 quite a bit privately in DM. Socionics isn't my strongest field of knowledge but I at least know something of enneagram.

Your examples of 6s are incredibly oversimplified to try and twist a narrative, but I get what you're aiming at.
    "Sixes are bundle of opposites." is certainly true.
    I agree, this is why a lot of people have such a difficult time defining and differentiating 6s from other types.

TIM
    H-ILE
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Pierrette well I don't know him that well, if you talked to him in PMs and you are convinced of type 1 then I'll take your word for it.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031