Joy : 3
    Tcaud : 5
    Bionicgoat : 9
    FDG : 7
    Expat : 6
    Kristiina : 2
    Liveandletlive : 7
    UDP : 1

If your Etype is nothing like what I mentioned, please consider me as a devil's advocate.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    I'm currently thinking :

Rick : 9
    Herzy : 8
    Ezra : 7
    Niffweed17 : 4
    Bionicgoat : 9
    UDP : 1

If your Etype is nothing like what I mentioned, please consider me as a devil's advocate.

Not bad, not bad, actually.

However, I would put Ezra as an 8, Herzy as 7. Not sure about 6 for Expat either.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    However, I would put Ezra as an 8, Herzy as 7. Not sure about 6 for Expat either.
    *shrug* 6 is often used as a jack-of-all-trades of Enneatypes, especially because you have the counterphobic version as well. I think that low-Fi types often tend to see Fi-valuing types as 6ish. I think that, all things considered, 6 is closest to ISFjs who are a bit too anxious about Ne.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I think Kristiina as 2 makes no sense. I think she's a clear 3.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Also, I think Kristiina as 2 makes no sense. I think she's a clear 3.
    mhhh... Actually I do see some logic in E2, level 4 "Want to be closer to others, so start "people pleasing," becoming overly friendly, emotionally demonstrative, and full of "good intentions" about everything. Give seductive attention: approval, "strokes," flattery. Love is their supreme value, and they talk about it constantly."

E2 always seemed very "wise" IEE (knows how others are feeling so decides for them) or annoying ESE ("are you sure you don't want soup. It's still warm!", ..."for the fifth time, NO!"). I can see some logic in this short description. One time we were in a pub with friends and we were lifting chairs around and I made sure that we don't block the way for other people. The ISTj told me, "wow, you are so considerate toward other people, I wouldn't have even thought of that". That's consistent with E2.

but what do I know about enneagram anyway. I just made many many tests and in the end stumbled upon a description that I didn't disagree with.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enneagram Type Two (the Helper) with Enneagram Type Three (the Achiever)

What Each Type Brings to the Relationship
    Both Enneagram Twos and Threes are driven by their feelings and emotional needs-although this is not always apparent in the case of Threes. Both are also driven by their need for attention and the desire to be loved-although this is not always apparent in the case of Twos. But for these reasons, both are oriented toward people and toward activities that will place them in the spotlight. This makes the Two/Three couple one of the most interpersonally attractive and impactful pairings possible. Individually and collectively, they are outgoing, sociable, high-spirited, charming, and often physically attractive. Both know how to make a favorable impression on people and to win them over. Each type brings energy, personal and social ambition, the ability to communicate with people and to make others feel like they are the center of attention. Both know how to get people to like them and to rally support to achieve their goals. Twos in particular bring a more personal, individual focus to their interactions with others. They are thoughtful and follow up exchanges with genuine kindness and compassion. Threes bring flexibility, charm, practicality, and a goal-oriented vision for ways the couple can improve. Twos like to feel proud of their loved ones, and Threes want to make their partner proud.

There is also a particular way that this pairing works as a team: Twos like to put the spotlight on others, and Threes like to be in the spotlight. Twos like to be the power behind the throne, and Threes can be happy being the point person for the couple. As long as healthy Threes appreciate the lavish attention of the Two, this arrangement can work well. In a sense, this is almost an ideal political couple—socially adept, energetic, virtually radiating charm and self-confidence, inviting others (by their manner and attractiveness) to join them in some way. Twos and Threes can be dazzling—a couple so widely admired and socially gifted that they become icons for their social sphere and time.

Potential Trouble Spots or Issues
    A couple with such conscious star power also tends to be self-conscious—and even more conscious of each other. Twos get jealous and possessive of Threes. They can fall into a "I made you—you owe me" syndrome, feeling used and unappreciated. For all of their apparent willingness to take second place, Twos want to be recognized privately by their partners and to be made to feel that they are important. But Threes typically find it difficult to thank others for their success or to share the glory. Moreover, Threes may feel that Twos overestimate their contributions: they take credit for too much, sometimes, embarrassingly, in public. As a result, Twos can start to undermine the Three's confidence to get the Three to feel that he or she depends on the Two. Threes react quickly and strongly to perceived criticism and potential humiliation by distancing themselves—inevitably creating more anxiety and manipulation in the Two, a vicious cycle.

Part of the problem is that both have underlying feelings of shame and vulnerability and they know each other's weak spots and can play on them when they have to. Furthermore, potential conflicts can arise because neither Twos nor Threes are particularly introspective nor are they very interested in their own underlying motives. They simply assume that they are traveling in the same direction—toward increasing success and social validation-only to realize that they have drifted apart and may actually be at loggerheads with each other. Twos fundamentally feel that Threes put work and career before them, their children and home life, primary values for Twos. They feel that Threes are too focused on success and that they are missing the really valuable things in life. Threes, on the other hand, can feel stifled by the Two's insistence on the need to spend time together. Threes feel Twos are smothering and emotionally manipulative, making them feel guilty for working hard and making the most of themselves. Intimacy deteriorates into bickering, and what it means to have a successful relationship becomes a real question. Disdain for each other can erupt into open hostilities.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm currently thinking :

Rick : 9 no idea
    Herzy : 8 7w8
    Ezra : 7 8w7
    Niffweed17 : 4 5w6
    Joy : 3 8w7?
    Tcaud : 5 maybe
    Bionicgoat : 9 maybe
    FDG : 7 8w7
    Expat : 6 8w9
    Kristiina : 2 3w4
    Liveandletlive : 7 maybe 6w7, but perhaps 7w6
    UDP : 1 yes

i don't even consider myself as knowing a damn thing about the enneagram, but i felt compelled to respond here.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    i don't even consider myself as knowing a damn thing about the enneagram, but i felt compelled to respond here.
    I'm really not an 8. There's no way in hell I can be an 8. Even cp 6 or 3 makes more sense.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably none of my random typings should be taken all that seriously. i'll try to come up with a more thorough list of general impressions, but my grasp of parts of the enneagram isn't that strong.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

niffweed, you are nine.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by normal View Post
    niffweed, you are nine.
    Clearly not. That niffweed responds "ok" doesn't mean anything. He is an extremely obvious Five. (One of the most obvious Nines on the forum is Bionicgoat.)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently thinking :

Rmcnew : 1

Bionicgoat : 2
    Cracka : 2

Herzy : 3
    Salawa : 3
    UDP : 3

Loki : 4
    Chopin : 4

Jessica129 : 5
    Hitta : 5
    Minde : 5

Pheadrus : 6
    Implied : 6

Discojoe : 8
    Ezra : 8

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost all of them wrong, machintruc. Nice!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rmcnew : 1w2

Bionicgoat : 9w8
    Kristiina : 3w4
    Cracka : Could be a Two

Herzy : 7w8
    Joy : Could be a Three, Seven or Eight
    Salawa : 5w4
    UDP : Three - yes, definitely. I was thinking One, but I've been reading about the One, and it seems a bit off. Likewise, he doesn't exhibit the air of a Six. However, Three fits perfectly

Niffweed17 : 5w6
    Loki : 4w5
    Chopin : Could be anything, to be honest. Probably from the Positive/ist triad or whatever it's called

Tcaud : 5w6
    Jessica129 : I have no idea
    Hitta : Five is probable; what wing I don't yet know
    Minde : 1w9

Expat : Could be a 1w9 or an 8w9 IMO. I find it hard to see him as a Six
    Pheadrus : Could actually be a 6w5. Also 5w6
    Implied : 6w5 I have no qualms with

FDG : 7w8
    Liveandletlive : Seven, could have either wing

Discojoe : Mystery to me, like his socionics type
    Ezra : 8w7, near balanced with 8w9

Rick : Why not Seven?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently thinking :

Rmcnew : 1

Bionicgoat : 2
    Cracka : 2

Herzy : 3
    Salawa : 3
    UDP : 3

Loki : 4
    Chopin : 4

Jessica129 : 5
    Hitta : 5
    Minde : 5

Pheadrus : 6
    Implied : 6

Discojoe : 8
    Ezra : 8

Your typings make niffweed and Ashton seem like gods.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He doesn't seem like an ultra-EJ type of 2 (falling all over himself to help people out in any and every way), but I could see him deriving his sense of importance from being there for people or doing little nice things for people. Picking up a friend's favorite flavor of snapple when he runs inside the gas station, staying up all night to hang out with a friend who's got something important and big and nerve wrecking to the next day and can't sleep, etc.

(We all derive our sense of important from different things, and I think it says a lot about us.)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Enneagram Userlist

Made it just now. Find it here. I've justified nothing; this is merely a sketch. I'll do it properly when I can be bothered sometime.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra's stupid userlist
    machintruc : 6w5, 1w9, 8w9
    Fuckshit. I can't be any of these, simply because I have a low dopamine level. You pretty much type like a n00b.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I'm a two.
    Change my self typing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuckshit. I can't be any of these, simply because I have a low dopamine level. You pretty much type like a n00b.
    LOL
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think my self-typing is a five. 6w5 might seem a bit like me, but it's hard for me to identify with the core traits of sixness. I know little about such things, so you could be right.

Creepy-Cyclops

I don't really know much about e types either, but i've spoke to two guys who know stuff and i've had a look at some of it and i'm thinking either 6w5 or 5w6 for me. I'll have me a look at the 9w8 you suggested as another possible typing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra, I'm just sayin' that most of the old EI has me typed as a 5w6. I couldn't really convince them of anything else.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And who on earth ever said that I'm 3w2? I know machintruc has been insisting that I'm a 3 since he doesn't hate me and he hates 8's or whatever, but I don't recall him saying that I have a 2 wing. If I was a 3 (which I'm definitely not), I'd be 3w4.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy exhibits behaviour and language which seems more mental than it does gut based. She often writes either in long, drawn out discourses (which is very rare) or in short, sharp sentences. I do see some similarities between Joy and myself, but I get the feeling that I have slightly more patience with others than she does, or at least more patience to respond to others substantively.
    A few things...

First of all, why would I write a long response when I can say what I'm trying to say with a short one? I'm a big fan of efficiency... usually effectiveness as well, but not always in my communications here, which brings me to my second comment...

Sometimes I know that only 1 out of 10 people who read what I wrote are going to understand it. They're the ones who matter anyways (as evidenced by their understanding of it), and I see no reason to put forth the effort to explain the whole situation/context/meaning to the rest of the world. If anyone else wants to understand what I'm saying they'll ask. And if I feel like getting into it I will.

Thirdly, what does any of your comment have to do with my being 7 or 3 over 8?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    They're the ones who matter anyways (as evidenced by their understanding of it)
    Hmmm... maybe this is the reason why I tend to get along much better with those in my quadra than those not in my quadra? (More so than most people, that is.)
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh?

You win as well, if you take into consideration the past half a dozen times we talked about my enneagram type and you asked me a bunch of questions and I answered them, and at the end you yourself said that I'm 8w7. (I can forward you the PMs, if you don't recall the specific questions or answers.)
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Oh?

You win as well, if you take into consideration the past half a dozen times we talked about my enneagram type and you asked me a bunch of questions and I answered them, and at the end you yourself said that I'm 8w7. (I can forward you the PMs, if you don't recall the specific questions or answers.)
    Yeah, please do. Then tell me how much of the information in them I can use on the wiki for 8w7 justification.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never mind. I mean, I could still forward you the PMs that I haven't deleted yet (there should be at least a few), but going through it and whatnot... I dunno, this is starting to sound like it's more effort than it's worth. Maybe we should just discuss it again via PM, and I won't say anything that I wouldn't want in the wiki so you can use it all.
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, Ezra basically wrote about me:

discojoe didn't give me enough Fe when we were PMing, so I now consider him cold and unfriendly.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take your idiotic reasoning for my being a 6 out of there....it's completely false and stupid
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Take your idiotic reasoning for my being a 6 out of there....it's completely false and stupid
    Do you not agree with it then?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops
    Do you not agree with it then?
    I'm "completely loyal to Asthon and his cause because I'm looking for guidance in my socionics understanding?" No. Ashton is just a friend who has shown me that he has a much more comprehensive understanding of the functions than most people, regardless of what model he uses. Ezra is obviously blind to my actual personality. Anyone who truly understands the six temperament and has interacted with me and made accurate observations would never associate me with it. I am a 4w5, sp/sx...6 is the last type I would want to be. And wtf is this bullshit about me not liking conflict? I THRIVE on conflict. Everything I say has an undertone that attempts to captivate or have some effect. I dunno wtf this kid's talking about. But hey, he thinks he's an 8, so that's proof enough of his ignorance.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm "completely loyal to Asthon and his cause because I'm looking for guidance in my socionics understanding?" No. Ashton is just a friend who has shown me that he has a much more comprehensive understanding of the functions than most people, regardless of what model he uses. Ezra is obviously blind to my actual personality. Anyone who truly understands the six temperament and has interacted with me and made accurate observations would never associate me with it. I am a 4w5, sp/sx...6 is the last type I would want to be. And wtf is this bullshit about me not liking conflict? I THRIVE on conflict. Everything I say has an undertone that attempts to captivate or have some effect. I dunno wtf this kid's talking about. But hey, he thinks he's an 8, so that's proof enough of his ignorance.
    Probably.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ashton is just a friend who has shown me that he has a much more comprehensive understanding of the functions than most people
    lol!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra, let's play that game where you put me on the list.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Enneagram types of everyone

Joy cp6w7 so/sp
    Bionicgoat 6w5 so/sx
    Expat 6w5 sx/sp
    FDG 6w5 so/sx
    niffweed17 cp6w5 sx/so
    discojoe cp6w5 sx/sp
    Ezra cp6w7 sp/so