Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Enneagram types of forum members

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 also seems Si-ish to me. Not that it has to be, but I think Si types could fit in well there. And based on the Alpha SF's that I'm known, the combination of Fe + Si seems extremely 2-ish to me.

But the primary reason I don't think 9 works for bionicgoat is because he's been such an instigator here. I don't think he craves peace... If things were totally calm and peaceful all of the time, I think he'd be bored. His Fe tells him where the line is, just how "stirred up" things can get before it makes too much of a mess. And how to break the tension if things get too stirred up or tense.

And I think 2 could work well for him for reasons I've stated earlier.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    2 also seems Si-ish to me. Not that it has to be, but I think Si types could fit in well there. And based on the Alpha SF's that I'm known, the combination of Fe + Si seems extremely 2-ish to me.
    I know an ESE 2w3. She's a lovely, lovely person. I really enjoy her company, although I think over time, the more she became accustomed to my Se, the more she'd become repelled by me. Likewise, her desire for Si atmosphere would bore me shitless.

But the primary reason I don't think 9 works for bionicgoat is because he's been such an instigator here. I don't think he craves peace... If things were totally calm and peaceful all of the time, I think he'd be bored. His Fe tells him where the line is, just how "stirred up" things can get before it makes too much of a mess. And how to break the tension if things get too stirred up or tense.
    Right, I think you're incorrectly conflating Fe with tension and force. SEIs do like a joke, they do like to lighten the mood, but they wouldn't be comfortable around the kind of aggressive and forceful atmosphere that Betas so revel. This is primarily what the Nine doesn't like. Of course they like a good joke, even a joke about a person, but it's all done in a friendly, light-hearted, unassuming way. Bionicgoat fits the bill well I think. I think he'd neither react well to nor enjoy aggressive joking and behaviour.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I don't really understand 9's.
    SEE

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do SEIs have to be Nines? I don't relate to a lot of the Nine's description. It's too focused on comfort and going with the flow. I identify with what Joy wrote about BG liking to stir things up sometimes. I don't like Se-sort-of aggressiveness, but I'd say I fear apathy and boredom more than I do conflict.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Evidence? I'd say it was all theoretical.
    Certainly not. It's all empirical science. The charlatans want to claim that it's a theoretical controversy and that you are entitled to believe what you want, but that's pure bullshit. We simply know that it is much more nature than nurture.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Yes, the prototypical 2 is an ESFj. The problem for Bionicgoat is that type 2 is typically leading. So type 9 obviously fits much better since the prototypical 9 is an ISFp.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salawa View Post
    You are correct, regardless of whatever bullshit Phaedrus pulls out. If you read "Personality Types" by Riso & Hudson, they go into a lot of detail about the "parental orientation" that causes the particular fears and desires of each enneatype.
    Yes, and that's exactly what I was trying to say. They believe (= they are brainwashed) that it is nurture, but they are totally wrong about it in the same way that all psychoanalytical explanations of personality are wrong, because they incorrectly and totally unjustifiably believe that it is predominantly the environment that shapes our differences in personality.

And this is not an ideological issue. It is simply the case that on the one hand we have the serious scientific researchers who know what they are talking about because they have studied reality, and on the other hand the brainwashed ideologists who proclaim their theoretical phantasies as true and worthy of consideration.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    Why do SEIs have to be Nines? I don't relate to a lot of the Nine's description. It's too focused on comfort and going with the flow.
    Yes, it is and IP temperament. How can you not identify with it if you are an SEI?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Yes, it is and IP temperament. How can you not identify with it if you are an SEI?
    I identify with parts of it, but more with Type 2. Why must socionics and the Enneagram be compatible? And it doesn't follow that because it describes a Si-dominant and IP temperament that I therefore must agree with it. Maybe the system is flawed.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the prototypical 2 is an ESFj. The problem for Bionicgoat is that type 2 is typically leading. So type 9 obviously fits much better since the prototypical 9 is an ISFp.
    This does not mean that ALL SEI's are 9's.
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I identify with parts of it, but more with Type 2.
    Are you completely sure that you have an IP temperament? Because you are not what you say here suggests that you could be mistyped. You should not identify more with type 2 if you are an ISFp. What exact parts of type 9 do you identify with?

Quote Originally Posted by chopin
    Why must socionics and the Enneagram be compatible?
    Because they are describing the same empirical reality. They observe the same people and put them into type "boxes". But they are not exactly "compatible", it is only that there are some definite correlations between the types in each model.

And it doesn't follow that because it describes a Si-dominant and IP temperament that I therefore must agree with it.
    Wrong. You simply must identify with it. If you don't identify with it you are not an SEI.

Maybe the system is flawed.
    Yes, of course it is. But not in the respect we are talking about here. Type 9 is still , IP temperament, and also an ethical type. Every SEI should rather strongly identify with it.

Creepy-Cyclops

Because they are describing the same empirical reality. They observe the same people and put them into type "boxes". But they are not exactly "compatible", it is only that there are some definite correlations between the types in each model.
    Why isn't there more E types?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Why isn't there more E types?
    Because the system is flawed (assuming that you complain about the fact that there are only 9 types in the Enneagram).

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phaedrus - parts of the Nine description that I don't relate to: (my comments are bolded)

People of enneatype Nine are essentially looking to maintain a sense of peace, harmony and balance and to avoid conflict and disruption. Peaceful relations if they are honest. I can't stand sweeping things under the rug. Harmony and balance – not really – that’s a bit boring. I prefer extremes sometimes. And I like disruptions to everyday routines.

Nines tend to see the best in people, to be fundamentally optimistic about the future, and, when reasonably healthy, to have a calming and grounding effect on those around them. As a general rule, Nines are fairly "easy going;" they adopt a strategy of "going with the flow." If it goes against my value system or for some reason I don't want to, then no. I can be very stubborn.

They intuitively know how to wait for the openings so that they can slip effortlessly into the stream. Nines don't tend to "sweat the small stuff." On the whole, they are self-effacing, tolerant, even-tempered and likable individuals. Nines aspire to be supportive, loving and gentle and more than any other enneatype, are likely to embody these valuable qualities. I wouldn’t say I aspire to be loving and gentle. I take that for granted.

The central problem for Nines revolves around the fact that their desire to maintain peace and to avoid conflict is compulsive. Compulsive - no. I don't agree with that.

Many Nines are "successful" when it comes to their interactions with the world. They are frequently productive and often manage to rise through the ranks on the basis of their likability and reliability (reliability – not likely!) without having to engage too forcefully in direct competition.

A deeply entranced Nine simply dissociates from whatever is unpleasant or unpalatable, from whatever disturbs his preferred view of the world. Such comfortably numb Nines simply fail to process any information which would be a cause of discomfort or disturbance. I like feeling passions – both pleasant and unpleasant. To be sentenced to a life of emotional numbness would be unbearable.

Virtually all Nines tend to see what they wish to see, to idealize those they love and to ignore whatever would disturb their comfort and peace of mind. I wouldn’t say I idealize those I love – I'm not the type of person who is blinded by love. Accepting of faults - I would say - but not in a delusionary way.

They generally value simplicity and cultivate the virtue of patience. Patience – no! They are frequently creative in a modest and unassuming way. They adopt an attitude of acceptance towards life. Attitude of acceptance – outwardly perhaps, but in actuality – never. I’m a perfectionist and am never satisfied with my results.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phaedrus - parts of the Nine description that I don't relate to: (my comments are bolded)

People of enneatype Nine are essentially looking to maintain a sense of peace, harmony and balance and to avoid conflict and disruption. Peaceful relations if they are honest. I can't stand sweeping things under the rug. Harmony and balance – not really – that’s a bit boring. I prefer extremes sometimes. And I like disruptions to everyday routines.
    There is no real contradiction here. At least not an obvious one.

Nines tend to see the best in people, to be fundamentally optimistic about the future, and, when reasonably healthy, to have a calming and grounding effect on those around them. As a general rule, Nines are fairly "easy going;" they adopt a strategy of "going with the flow." If it goes against my value system or for some reason I don't want to, then no. I can be very stubborn.
    And your stubbornness would be the typical manifestation of an IP temperament in such situations. The "passive-aggressive foot dragging or "checking out" from important engagements" that is referred to in the type description is also typically IP.

They intuitively know how to wait for the openings so that they can slip effortlessly into the stream. Nines don't tend to "sweat the small stuff." On the whole, they are self-effacing, tolerant, even-tempered and likable individuals. Nines aspire to be supportive, loving and gentle and more than any other enneatype, are likely to embody these valuable qualities. I wouldn’t say I aspire to be loving and gentle. I take that for granted.
    So no contradiction then. What you say is consistent with what is said about Nines.

The central problem for Nines revolves around the fact that their desire to maintain peace and to avoid conflict is compulsive. Compulsive - no. I don't agree with that.
    But you take it for granted. How do you know there is a relevant difference here? I wouldn't be able to tell for sure. Maybe it's just the wordings you don't like, while you would act the same as a typical Nine anyway?

Many Nines are "successful" when it comes to their interactions with the world. They are frequently productive and often manage to rise through the ranks on the basis of their likability and reliability (reliability – not likely!) without having to engage too forcefully in direct competition.
    So basically you agree with it completely. The quote is typical of such type descriptions. They say similar bullshit stuff about every type. It doesn't mean anything. A Nine is not at all as reliable as for example a Six. And your reaction to this quote is exactly what we would expect of a Nine with an IP temperament.

A deeply entranced Nine simply dissociates from whatever is unpleasant or unpalatable, from whatever disturbs his preferred view of the world. Such comfortably numb Nines simply fail to process any information which would be a cause of discomfort or disturbance. I like feeling passions – both pleasant and unpleasant. To be sentenced to a life of emotional numbness would be unbearable.
    How do you typically react to unpleasant experiences? What do you do to cope with them?

Virtually all Nines tend to see what they wish to see, to idealize those they love and to ignore whatever would disturb their comfort and peace of mind. I wouldn’t say I idealize those I love – I'm not the type of person who is blinded by love. Accepting of faults - I would say - but not in a delusionary way.
    So basically no incompatibility with what is described.

They generally value simplicity and cultivate the virtue of patience. Patience – no!
    What do you mean "no!"? Don't you have an IP temperament? Don't you have an essentially passive approach to the outer world? Aren't you an introvert and an observer?

They are frequently creative in a modest and unassuming way. They adopt an attitude of acceptance towards life. Attitude of acceptance – outwardly perhaps, but in actuality – never. I’m a perfectionist and am never satisfied with my results.
    Ha! This is interesting. But its relevance depends on exactly what you mean by being a perfectionist that is never satisfied with her results. I am also a perfectionist in a sense, but not at all in the same sense that an ESFj is a perfectionist.

The ESFj strives to be perfect in the eyes of others, which manifests itself in a certain inability to relax and take it easy. The ESFj is often restless, almost always busy in the typical EJ way.

I, on the other hand, with my IP temperament, am content with who I am. I feel no need to prove anything to others, and I am almost totally motivated from within, which means that I don't care much about how others perceive me or whether others are more "successful" than I am. I follow my own path in life, and I judge according to my own value system whether what I do is good or bad. But I usually want something to be as good as it can be. I can be a pedant, trying to be exact about the details, and in that sense I am a perfectionist.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no real contradiction here. At least not an obvious one.
    I don’t see how you can say that most of the things I’ve written don’t clash with the original text. The Nine description is mostly all about avoiding conflict, keeping things on an even keel, etc. whereas I’m trying to say that I don’t like predictability, I don’t value stability, and I like getting grievances out in the open.
    So no contradiction then. What you say is consistent with what is said about Nines.
    I think it is a contradiction. There is a difference btwn a person whose personality trait is ingrained and taken for granted and a person who strives to develop that trait. One person values the trait, the other doesn’t.

How do you typically react to unpleasant experiences? What do you do to cope with them?
    Depends. I react pretty emotionally most of the time. ‘Comfortably numb’ is a contradiction in terms as far as I’m concerned.

So basically no incompatibility with what is described.
    How is that compatible? The text describes an idealistic way of viewing relationships, whereas I’ve stated that I’m more grounded in reality.

What do you mean "no!"? Don't you have an IP temperament? Don't you have an essentially passive approach to the outer world? Aren't you an introvert and an observer?
    Well, I just mean I’m more of a ‘here and now’ sort of person. Now or never.

Ha! This is interesting. But its relevance depends on exactly what you mean by being a perfectionist that is never satisfied with her results. I am also a perfectionist in a sense, but not at all in the same sense that an ESFj is a perfectionist.

The ESFj strives to be perfect in the eyes of others, which manifests itself in a certain inability to relax and take it easy. The ESFj is often restless, almost always busy in the typical EJ way.

I, on the other hand, with my IP temperament, am content with who I am. I feel no need to prove anything to others, and I am almost totally motivated from within, which means that I don't care much about how others perceive me or whether others are more "successful" than I am. I follow my own path in life, and I judge according to my own value system whether what I do is good or bad. But I usually want something to be as good as it can be. I can be a pedant, trying to be exact about the details, and in that sense I am a perfectionist.
    A perfectionist in the sense of knowing/believing that I can do better. People can be pleased with my work, but that doesn’t satisfy me if I know I could have done better. I judge myself according to my own standards, so people can praise me till they’re blue in the face, but if their standards are lower than mine than it doesn’t mean anything to me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Nine description is mostly all about avoiding conflict, keeping things on an even keel, etc. whereas I’m trying to say that I don’t like predictability, I don’t value stability, and I like getting grievances out in the open.
    The only thing that is slightly different is that you say that you like getting grievances out in the open. The other aspects are just different from those in the text, but focusing on other aspcects does not entail incompatibility. And if you really insist on getting grievances out in the open, maybe you are not a SEI.

I think it is a contradiction.
    It isn't.

There is a difference btwn a person whose personality trait is ingrained and taken for granted and a person who strives to develop that trait. One person values the trait, the other doesn’t.
    A minor detail of little importance here.

Depends. I react pretty emotionally most of the time. ‘Comfortably numb’ is a contradiction in terms as far as I’m concerned.
    What do you mean by reacting emotionally? Concrete examples, please.

How is that compatible? The text describes an idealistic way of viewing relationships, whereas I’ve stated that I’m more grounded in reality.
    The Nine is clearly grounded in reality, too. I think you slightly misinterpret what is meant in the description. Being "idealistic" in this context has nothing to do with being an N type. It is F related.

Well, I just mean I’m more of a ‘here and now’ sort of person. Now or never.
    Which suggests a leading sensory function. So basically you seem to fit the Nine rather well so far.

A perfectionist in the sense of knowing/believing that I can do better. People can be pleased with my work, but that doesn’t satisfy me if I know I could have done better. I judge myself according to my own standards, so people can praise me till they’re blue in the face, but if their standards are lower than mine than it doesn’t mean anything to me.
    No 2 would ever phrase it like that. What you say here is almost a definite proof that you are not a 2.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salawa View Post
    You are correct, regardless of whatever bullshit Phaedrus pulls out. If you read "Personality Types" by Riso & Hudson, they go into a lot of detail about the "parental orientation" that causes the particular fears and desires of each enneatype.

However, I'm inclined to think that some sociotypes just won't react in some ways (for instance, I think it's unlikely that an ESE would feel ambivalent towards the nurturing-figure), which will limit which sociotypes can be which enneatypes.
    OH MY GOSH.

SALAWA FOR THE WIN!!

=)

Thanks Salawa.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chopin and I are both E-type 2, that is why we're so cool.

It's like we are partystylerz or something.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    Chopin and I are both E-type 2, that is why we're so cool.

It's like we are partystylerz or something.
    But chopin doesn't seem to fit the type descriptions of E2. The arguments for E9 are simply so much stronger. So why do you stick to that belief of yours?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone gimme an E-type... I don't have one yet.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    We have one in Sweden. Would he do? http://www.e-type.se/

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be careful what you wish for Cracka.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're ESE, you're likely a Two, the coolest EType, because most ESE's are Twos.

There are less frequent cases of Threes and Sevens as well.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It isn't.
    You insist that I elaborate when it comes to why I believe/ think specific things, and yet I'm supposed to just accept your statements without question.
    What do you mean by reacting emotionally? Concrete examples, please.
    It'd be too embarrassing to go into specifics. Idk - I just find getting outwardly-emotional about things that bother me helps me to work through them and get over them. I can make people who don't value Fe very uncomfortable.
    So basically you seem to fit the Nine rather well so far.
    Ha ha you're a funny guy sometimes. :-p But seriously, you seem to be going about this in a very close-minded fashion. What happened to objectivity? SEIs must be nines, SEIs must be nines. What did you say? I can't hear you. SEIs must be nines, SEIs must be nines.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You insist that I elaborate when it comes to why I believe/ think specific things, and yet I'm supposed to just accept your statements without question.
    Yes. Because I have studied this in much more depth than you have. Try to understand my points and what I mean first. Then you can start to question things -- if you have objective arguments instead of just personal hunches or feelings.

Ha ha you're a funny guy sometimes. :-p But seriously, you seem to be going about this in a very close-minded fashion.
    The only reason it looks close-minded to you is because your knowledge is so limited on this subject. I know exactly what I am talking about, and I have spent countless of hours analyzing various options. It is you who are close-minded here, because you have an opinion and are drawing a conclusion about something which you haven't studied and don't understand. That is a real example of being close-minded, actually. Many people on this forum are close-minded in that sense; they simply refuse to learn more about a subject, they refuse to examine things critically, they refuse to collect information before they come to a conclusion.

What happened to objectivity?
    This is objectivity. I am expressing it in my writings. You are just blind to it, because your knowledge and understanding is limited. There is only one way to go: Study more.

SEIs must be nines, SEIs must be nines. What did you say? I can't hear you. SEIs must be nines, SEIs must be nines.
    Yes, you heard me correctly. SEIs must be Nines.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, you heard me correctly. SEIs must be Nines.
    What Etype and sociotype are Kelly Osbourne, Kate Moss, and Dennis Rodman then ?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Because I have studied this in much more depth than you have. Try to understand my points and what I mean first. Then you can start to question things -- if you have objective arguments instead of just personal hunches or feelings.
    I have no doubt that you have studied this much more than I have. You may have analysed and categorised countless SEIs, and all of them may have fit the Nine's description perfectly. But you have to accept the fact that if one SEI comes along - just one - that doesn't fit the Nine description, than you have to reexamine your whole hypothesis. It's as simple as that. You're an advocate of the scientific method, so you should agree with that. And don't tell me that you have more insight into my personality than I do. That's one thing that I'm sure I possess more knowledge of than you.
    The only reason it looks close-minded to you is because your knowledge is so limited on this subject. I know exactly what I am talking about, and I have spent countless of hours analyzing various options. It is you who are close-minded here, because you have an opinion and are drawing a conclusion about something which you haven't studied and don't understand. That is a real example of being close-minded, actually. Many people on this forum are close-minded in that sense; they simply refuse to learn more about a subject, they refuse to examine things critically, they refuse to collect information before they come to a conclusion.
    I don't need to study the Enneagram system to know whether a type description fits me or not.
    SEIs must be Nines.
    qft

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    What Etype and sociotype are Kelly Osbourne, Kate Moss, and Dennis Rodman then ?
    I have never studied their types, so I don't have an opinion. Can you provide the links with the most relevant and accurate information? I am not going to do a time-consuming job of trying to find it myself, because those person are of no particular interest to me. But I can alwas make a qualified guess based on some good descriptions of what they are like, pictures and videos etc.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no doubt that you have studied this much more than I have. You may have analysed and categorised countless SEIs, and all of them may have fit the Nine's description perfectly. But you have to accept the fact that if one SEI comes along - just one - that doesn't fit the Nine description, than you have to reexamine your whole hypothesis.
    Yes, of course. And I will. But so far that hasn't happened yet. You have so far given me any objective ground to accept that you are not a Nine, because most of the things you have said are perfectly consistent with type Nine. That is what I have tried to explain to you, that's what I have been trying to make you see.

And don't tell me that you have more insight into my personality than I do. That's one thing that I'm sure I possess more knowledge of than you.
    Yes, we agree on that. I base all my conclusions on your type(s) based on what you are telling me about yourself.

I don't need to study the Enneagram system to know whether a type description fits me or not.
    Wrong. When it comes to type descriptions you have a lot to learn. I am unquestionably much more of an expert in that area than you are. You can't determine with any accuracy whether you fit or don't fit a certain type description if you don't have accurate knowledge and understanding of all of them. So far you have only pointed to mostly irrelevant aspects of those type descriptions -- aspects that you also are drawing incorrect conclusions from. You don't realize it because you can't see all of the type descriptions in all their complexity at the same time. You don't have the overall general picture of them. I do.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrong. When it comes to type descriptions you have a lot to learn. I am unquestionably much more of an expert in that area than you are. You can't determine with any accuracy whether you fit or don't fit a certain type description if you don't have accurate knowledge and understanding of all of them. So far you have only pointed to mostly irrelevant aspects of those type descriptions -- aspects that you also are drawing incorrect conclusions from. You don't realize it because you can't see all of the type descriptions in all their complexity at the same time. You don't have the overall general picture of them. I do.
    When I get around to it, I'll study up on all the types. How's that? Then (if you're up for it) we can re-enter this discussion as equals. Won't that be fun! In the meantime, I am perfectly willing to exist in your head as a Nine. :-p

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    In a different thread you said Dennis Rodman was ILI. (I thought)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no doubt that you have studied this much more than I have. You may have analysed and categorised countless SEIs, and all of them may have fit the Nine's description perfectly. But you have to accept the fact that if one SEI comes along - just one - that doesn't fit the Nine description, than you have to reexamine your whole hypothesis. It's as simple as that. You're an advocate of the scientific method, so you should agree with that.
    Phaedrus, you have been pwned here, I'm sorry.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Phaedrus, you have been pwned here, I'm sorry.
    If you have read all the arguments in our discussion, you will probably agree that it is not so clear. Chopin's correct Enneatype is simply not determined. None of chopin's own arguments, except perhaps one, suggested that 2 would be more likely than 9, and one specific argument almost falsified the 2 hypothesis.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahaa oh yes, I'm a 1w9

That's exactly the case.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I normally type as a five, but I got typed as a four recently. I keep changing my mind between 5w4 and 5w6, so I probably don't have a wing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    I normally type as a five, but I got typed as a four recently. I keep changing my mind between 5w4 and 5w6, so I probably don't have a wing.
    I didn't think so either. Your name suggests that you probably don't need one ... right?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phaedrus, I'm willing to go up against you. I would love you to first type me by the 1800+ posts I have, then prove to me that I am a E-type 9, because I am sure I am not.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    Phaedrus, I'm willing to go up against you. I would love you to first type me by the 1800+ posts I have, then prove to me that I am a E-type 9, because I am sure I am not.
    please... think of the children
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be war, which is my point. E-type 9 wouldn't even make such a challenge, because they lay down and die under conflict.
    D-SEI 9w1

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast