Thread: Possible Enneagram types of forum members

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I actually never thought about that. But I don want to bother you. I'm going to research and to find out by myself, I'll let you know soon.
    Great, and then we'll double-check it. Just mention me here

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Interesting, imo on the internet Narc gets angry and rude way quicker than you - you never do, much less than other people here : )? . But it's true we don't know you and can't tell how quickly you are to anger irl. I'm for example very choleric internally, but I act (outwardly, as in what I actually show or if you want to call it fake) much more diplomatic and polite and am very seldom flat out rude to strangers (I simply ignore them if I don't like them lol). It's not appropriate to have screaming meltdowns in public, besides that people see you as trashy. Here I can be as angry as I really am, it's cathartic. So internet annonymity can be very decieving - most people are way ruder on the internet and you are apparently much nicer : ).
    I've thought about what you said, and I think I'm as nice IRL as I am here. The difference is the time delay here, which forces me to set aside impulse and compose a coherent response. That makes all the difference.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae: I don't know if Tritype Wings are something relevant to the Enneagram theory. By the way, my try is 5w4 1w9 4w3 (or 3w4). What do you think?
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote by reverie:

And I can't take it when I think people hate me. When they do, I feel like I have to fix it.

Yes, this is 9. Not 4.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    ^^^ ye see what I meant y'all Classic case, here is one exhibit

Bianca del Rio saves and seizes the moment to distract from SO last
    I think my EIE room mate is cp6w7 and sx/sp, is being counterphobic bound to being a sx-first most of the time or can it differ?

Everyone probably explodes once in a while not minding the people in a room or something, but I noticed so-blindspots like her might be more prone to it, like they do not notice how awkward they can make it for the people who are victim of their anger? lol
    Last edited by dot; 07-23-2017 at 08:03 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaviTilki View Post
    I thik my EIE room mate is cp6w7 and sx/sp, is being counterphobic bound to being a sx-first most of the time or can it differ?

Everyone probably explodes once in a while not minding the people in a room or something, but I noticed so-blindspots like her might be more prone to it, like they do not notice how awkward they can make it for the people who are victim of their anger? lol
    Its not at all related to sx instinct. Aggressiveness and assertiveness in 6 depends on their gut fix a lot. Counterphobia is a different thing than that though, but people mix this up ALOT. 6s passion is fear. That's their problem. And counter-phobia is like trying to make up for that. They think to themselves as being courageous when wanting to face their biggest fears. But in fact they are still indulging in their passion because they see this huge threat which actually is not that threatening in reality.

6s go back and forth between using the defense mechanism of counter phobia and not. There is no "counterphobic 6" in itself.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think my EIE room mate is cp6w7 and sx/sp, is being counterphobic bound to being a sx-first most of the time or can it differ?

Agreed with what @maniac said in the post above. But are you sure your room mate is not an 8?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    Quote by reverie:
    Yes, this is 9. Not 4.
    9 is bound to show up, it's in her tritype. That's why it contradicts the indulgence in being flawed. However, the essence is still 4-related. Too much identity work showing up.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed with what @maniac said in the post above. But are you sure your room mate is not an 8?
    No 6w7 suits her very well.. 8 doesn't really make sense for her at all from the descriptions.. we also did the test and she could kinda see herself in 6 an a little bit of 7. why would you think so? I literally didn't give any info beside saying she was e6w7

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing as invigorating as the search for identity @Chae

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No 6w7 suits her very well.. 8 doesn't really make sense for her at all from the descriptions.. we also did the test and she could kinda see herself in 6 an a little bit of 7. why would you think so? I literally didn't give any info beside saying she was e6w7
    Those two may be easily confused (esp within the anger component), but if you worked closely with the theory already it's good.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probable mistyped members:

maniac - counterphobic 6w7
    Chae - 2w3
    niffer - 2w1
    Medusa - 9w1
    Jailbait - 3w4
    Vespertine - 1w9
    Myst - counterphobic 6w5

Wyrd, working to end the disinformation since just now

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not at all related to sx instinct. Aggressiveness and assertiveness in 6 depends on their gut fix a lot. Counterphobia is a different thing than that though, but people mix this up ALOT. 6s passion is fear. That's their problem. And counter-phobia is like trying to make up for that. They think to themselves as being courageous when wanting to face their biggest fears. But in fact they are still indulging in their passion because they see this huge threat which actually is not that threatening in reality.

6s go back and forth between using the defense mechanism of counter phobia and not. There is no "counterphobic 6" in itself.
    Some 6s are predominantly phobic, and they are practically referred to as "phobic 6s", while others are predominantly counterphobic, and they are practically referred to as "counterphobic 6s". It is generally agreed that Sx and 8 are both related to this. What's the point of your argument, oh spray-painted brick wall?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

bled (idk what your username is currently): 6w7, maybe 648 tritype

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao no
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@maniac

Just woke up and was hoping you would reply by now but since you haven't I'll take it from here. I got things to do.

The only types I can see for myself are 7 or 3. I've been considering 3 more as an experiment lately because I can relate to sx 3 a lot. Couple reasons why I can't be 6:

1. I have very little, if any, anxiety and rarely doubt myself.
    2. I am a very positive person. I am noticeably a lot more positive than most people here from interacting with them, without even trying.
    3. I am very calm. I am also assertive which can be mistaken for being reactive especially online where tone is harder to read. But in real life it's very clear that I am not a reactive type, far from it.
    4. 6s and people who worry too much in general annoy me a lot, like my mom. I am carefree and I see their worrying as getting in the way of my fun.
    5. I can't relate to any 6 descriptions and I don't relate to the triads 6 belongs in either - if I am 7 I am not even 6 wing - I have no 6 at all, IMO. You could be mistaking my 8 fix for 6.
    6. Speaking of assertive, I am definitely an assertive type and that is really all I can see myself as. I am very much an Id type and always wanting more and more of things (more fun things, more popularity, more desirability, etc.) and asserting myself to get it.
    7. I am too focused for 6w7. They seem much more hesitant and bounce around between things a lot more. Have trouble deciding - these things also annoy me.
    8. Problems with 468 tritype - I pay attention to what's cool in my peer group and follow it - I enjoy admiration and showing off, again I am calm and positive and the only time I am reactive is when I get angry which is not often, I am not nearly that individualist I just have Fi and no problem speaking for myself (and I am sx first making me somewhat more intense which could be mistaken for a reactive type possibly, especially because I have revealed things online that I would never in real life). I am very social and decently popular and 468 seems too antisocial for me, I am basically known for being fun and cool which is more 7 and 3 stuff.

But hey, think you want. Just know that it ain't me. It's actually weird and kind of funny that you think we're the same tritype because we're pretty much opposites and have gotten into many fights because of that. I am very curious why you suddenly think I am 6 since you typed me as 7 before. I think my party pictures that I posted in the picture thread in the past have proved that I am nothing but 7 or 3 as well.

Please only reply if you have constructive things to say. So if you still think I am 6, give actual reasons.
    Last edited by flames; 08-19-2017 at 09:06 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm dissatisfied with enneagram because 5 or 7. One day I'm seven but another day I'm 5. 6 is way off and I don't really have so called middle ground. My drive is to cerebrally explore not really go towards the total mastery – it is not for me.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

bled (idk what your username is currently): 6w7

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@Jailbait you are extremely reactive, and you often "ping pong" your emotions and attitude, meaning you attack and then apologize, then attack again, and so on. which is typical 6 behaviour. reactive + moralistic.

648, 684
    These Tritypes with type 6 leading are paradoxical. Ironically the 6s with this Tritype are the most hyper-reactive 6 but they are still tentative and apprehensive. Their mental projections can make their reactions very confusing to others. They may at times show their anxiety and look timid and in need of support and at other times they can be so intensely assertive and provocative that their needs go unseen. The high side of these Tritypes is that they are extremely devoted and dutiful to those to whom they are attached. They are very loyal and protective.
    as far as I know, @Medusa also thinks you're a 6, so perhaps she can chime in.
    Last edited by maniac; 08-20-2017 at 10:41 AM.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Jailbait you are extremely reactive, and you often "ping pong" your emotions and attitude, meaning you attack and then apologize, then attack again, and so on. which is typical 6 behaviour. reactive + moralistic.

as far as I know, @Medusa also thinks you're a 6, so perhaps she can chime in.
    lol that's not my default at all though. I did get in arguments with you but that's not how I am all the time, especially in real life. I was annoyed by you for awhile because I thought you had a rotten attitude which is why I used to fight with you. Later on you got a little better and I realized that you act that way for reasons, so I dropped it because I don't like to hold grudges - it's not like I was constantly coming at you with torches and then taking it back or having a struggling mind over it - not at all. Even when I'm arguing I'm usually not that serious about it and see it as entertainment. I am almost always level headed and calm. I don't think it's anything more than an 8 fix, or 8 + 4, because it's not a way of living for me whatsoever.

Also she did once think I was 6, but she also misread my assertiveness as reactivity - it was also an act. At the time I was purposefully acting reactive for fun and to get attention but I wasn't truly (this was during the time when I created my original typing thread, the long one). She recently told me she thinks I could be 3 core. I don't know how else to say that I simply don't relate to this. Being argumentative occasionally doesn't make someone 684 and isn't a good argument, don't you have anything else? Everything I said in the previous post is how I actually am in my day to day life.
    Last edited by flames; 08-20-2017 at 01:56 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jailbait View Post
    lol that's not my default at all though. I did get in arguments with you but that's not how I am all the time, especially in real life. I was annoyed by you for awhile because I thought you had a rotten attitude which is why I used to fight with you. Later on you got a little better and I realized that you act that way for reasons, so I dropped it because I don't like to hold grudges - it's not like I was constantly coming at you with torches and then taking it back or having a struggling mind over it - not at all. Even when I'm arguing I'm usually not that serious about it and see it as entertainment. I am almost always level headed and calm. I don't think it's anything more than an 8 fix, or 8 + 4, because it's not a way of living for me whatsoever.

Also she did once think I was 6, but she also misread my assertiveness as reactivity - it was also an act. At the time I was purposefully acting reactive for fun and to get attention but I wasn't truly (this was during the time when I created my original typing thread, the long one). She recently told me she thinks I could be 3 core. I don't know how else to say that I simply don't relate to this. Being argumentative occasionally doesn't make someone 684 and isn't a good argument, don't you have anything else? Everything I said in the previous post is how I actually am in my day to day life.
    I totally get you, writing on forum can come across totally different. I'm not reactive at all irl either, more like calculated. But it's entertaining to know how to play different roles and people perceiving you totally differently in different contexts. It's useful.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just FTR: Enneatyping people off their forum behaviour is very difficult, because of what the system measures.

I suggest that anyone who is unsure about their Enneatype join one of the group chats we have on Discord or Skype. Discuss the issue in real time with other members over voice.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    I totally get you, writing on forum can come across totally different. I'm not reactive at all irl either, more like calculated. But it's entertaining to know how to play different roles and people perceiving you totally differently in different contexts. It's useful.
    People perceive me very differently once their hear my voice.

When you write forum posts, you've enormous potential to craft your own image. I can be whoever I like...and I admit that this can make it rather tempting to troll relentlessly

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sound an awful lot like excuses darling. "I'm different in RL." Lol. It's not like everyone hasn't heard that one a billion times over already.
    Whether miss maniac is right about your type or not, it's a sad sad thing to see someone disown their own actions the way you just did. Nothing is an accident; there is no such thing as "not truly doing a thing." You either do or you don't.

Also, "it's because 8 + 4"... => not how the Enneagram works. Especially not when you go as far as using wing + trifix in the same 'equation'. That's not even logic.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Sound an awful lot like excuses darling. "I'm different in RL." Lol. It's not like everyone hasn't heard that one a billion times over already.
    Whether miss maniac is right about your type or not, it's a sad sad thing to see someone disown their own actions the way you just did. Nothing is an accident; there is no such thing as "not truly doing a thing." You either do or you don't.

Also, "it's because 8 + 4"... => not how the Enneagram works. Especially not when you go as far as using wing + trifix in the same 'equation'. That's not even logic.
    ok

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to hear what someone who isn't involved at all has to say because it's interesting, but I don't want to continue the debate. Especially when a couple people seem to think they know me more than I know myself.

It seems like maniac has given up and totally ignored everything anyways, so I don't want to talk to a brick wall. I will say that the bolded part in the second paragraph is me admitting the reason behind something I did. That was something hard for me to realize or tell. I was owning it not disowning - if I wanted to disown it I wouldn't have talked about it in the first place. "I am different in real life" - yes that's valid lol y'all literally don't know me. FTR I don't see myself as that different online either, because when I'm typing posts I'm generally in the same state of mind, it's just how others perceive that that can change.

As for the enneagram bit, maniac always justifies odd typings with "Oh they have X fix or X instincts", so IDK why it's directed at me when what I said does work. And with that, farewell.

@Samson @maniac

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ask and ye shall receive...

I like to hear what someone who isn't involved at all has to say because it's interesting, but I don't want to continue the debate. Especially when a couple people seem to think they know me more than I know myself.

It seems like maniac has given up and totally ignored everything anyways, so I don't want to talk to a brick wall. I will say that the bolded part in the second paragraph is me admitting the reason behind something I did. That was something hard for me to realize or tell. I was owning it not disowning - if I wanted to disown it I wouldn't have talked about it in the first place. "I am different in real life" - yes that's valid lol y'all literally don't know me. FTR I don't see myself as that different online either, because when I'm typing posts I'm generally in the same state of mind, it's just how others perceive that that can change.

As for the enneagram bit, maniac always justifies odd typings with "Oh they have X fix or X instincts", so IDK why it's directed at me when what I said does work. And with that, farewell.

@Samson @maniac
    I am assuming the image you project is intentional and reflects your desires.

If so, here is the vibe you give off to me - first we have "voodoo fetishist", and the provocative sex appeal, brash avatar. Then your signature - seduction, sex, more seduction and more sex. Plus the name "Jailbait", lolol. To me, this all is pretty much what I'd expect from a sexual 3w4 with a 7 fix, the same as me. You flaunt your sexuality and show off a lot, but aren't really into casual sex. Your core ambition is to attract a mate/reproduce and believe that you need to be a peacock, high status figure to stand out to potential partners. If you are a lady, then congratulations, I've noticed you. We should definitely chat further on Skype as my ejaculate is legendary.

P.S. You are absolutely not a 6. 6s simply do not self-promote in this way - in fact, they loathe it, and get triggered by people who do.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive...

I am assuming the image you project is intentional and reflects your desires.

If so, here is the vibe you give off to me - first we have "voodoo fetishist", and the provocative sex appeal, brash avatar. Then your signature - seduction, sex, more seduction and more sex. Plus the name "Jailbait", lolol. To me, this all is pretty much what I'd expect from a sexual 3w4 with a 7 fix, the same as me. You flaunt your sexuality and show off a lot, but aren't really into casual sex. Your core ambition is to attract a mate/reproduce and believe that you need to be a peacock, high status figure to stand out to potential partners. If you are a lady, then congratulations, I've noticed you. We should definitely chat further on Skype as my ejaculate is legendary.

P.S. You are absolutely not a 6. 6s simply do not self-promote in this way - in fact, they loathe it, and get triggered by people who do.
    Good work, apprentice. You will go far.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Thoughts on my enneagram?

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Good work, apprentice. You will go far.
    Further than anyone has ever gone before.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Thoughts on my enneagram?
    We've talked for a while but haven't really discussed your type.

I guess I could try and figure it out by elimination. You are definitely not a 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 or an 8, and that leaves 1, 5, and 9.

I was initially inclined towards either 1 or 5 over 9, but after we discussed our worldviews and personal instincts, I feel it's a wildcard alternative at the very least.

If you want me to type you conclusively, however, I'll need you to talk to me over voice. Other people may be more willing to engage you based on text alone.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

1>8 still

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

We've talked for a while but haven't really discussed your type.

I guess I could try and figure it out by elimination. You are definitely not a 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 or an 8, and that leaves 1, 5, and 9.

I was initially inclined towards either 1 or 5 over 9, but after we discussed our worldviews and personal instincts, I feel it's a wildcard alternative at the very least.

If you want me to type you conclusively, however, I'll need you to talk to me over voice. Other people may be more willing to engage you based on text alone.
    Thanks. What seemed like 9?

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Thanks. What seemed like 9?
    A desire for harmony and cooperation in society, and an aversion to different outcomes for different people.

While the above clearly doesn't drive you in practice, it could be how you're exploring your second instinct (sx/so)

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

A desire for harmony and cooperation in society, and an aversion to different outcomes for different people.

While the above clearly doesn't drive you in practice, it could be how you're exploring your second instinct (sx/so)
    Ahh you see me as sx/so? Why if you have any reasoning for this one too?

As for the harmony bit. Well yeah I'm not quite sure everyone would agree with this about me in practice lol.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Cuivienen if you meant the political views btw, it's not about an aversion to different outcomes - only on a basic level. Beyond that, perfectly fine to have them.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for my typings. I didn't particularly observe this in a proper way. So I go by what my intuition tells me out of the blue when I think about the person. I.e. those are associations so it's inaccurate.

E1 Mu, Maritsa, Sol, Subteigh
    E2 sorrowsofyoungwerther, mintwind, Abbie, Theoria
    E3 Adam, darya, Caim, golden, averroes, suede, glam
    E4 cassandra, aylen, starfall, persephone
    E5 hacim, End, raver, within, may
    E6 Kimu, lungs, food, Jarno, phantombride, Alioth, pookie, santa claus
    E7 totalize, satan, handjob, joy, Myst, FDG, frogman, yifflord
    E8 Anglas, cpig, H2, ares, Alphamale, peter, supremacist, squark
    E9 trou, chips, Resonare, Eliza, Economist, Kim, guava
    E10 Reserved for "Toxic Masculinity" Quadra
    E11 Verbrannte because you're too special to be put you into E4
    Curious how your impressions/associations have changed, or are they still the same?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I wonder if I actually am E3
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Curious how your impressions/associations have changed, or are they still the same?
    Thanks for bringing it up again! <3 Yes, some changes and doubts. Subteigh and Mu are self-pres 5s, Theoria as 2 and suede as 3 have been debunked already, Abbie wings at 2 but is a core 1, may could be a 6 as well or wing confusion is possible, alphamale is a head type (SO/SP 7>5>6), raver's & FDG's recent self-typings are correct rather than this one, Kim is a 7w8 rather than 9. Wyrd: still undecided about 4 or 5, or even 8 social last core, but those are in her tritype either way Myst, Adam, sorrows: not entirely sure. An important addendum is hotelambush as a 5w6 of course, Cuivienen as sexual 7 or 3w4 just like tearsofaclown who also qualifies for cp6, and FlutteringShyxx who could be a social 9w1.

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point, I just want to be certain and done with this, honestly. Any ideas?