TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default King Henry VII & his SIX Wives!

EDIT: WOOPS, I MEANT KING HENRY VIII, not VII

So I have recently become enamoured with Tudor England from reading the Other Boleyn Girl and since the movie is coming out, I thought it would be interesting to hear opinions on this historical figure and his infamous consorts. Personally, I think his behaviour and actions just towards them were disgusting, inhumane, etc. (as most would agree) and just have no idea what would lead someone to that ...

The fat old dude himself -

First Wife, Catherine of Aragon

Second Wife, Anne Boleyn

Third Wife, Jane Seymour

Fourth Wife, Anne of Cleves

Fifth Wife, Catherine Howard

Sixth Wife, Catherine Parr

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[derail]

What is so funny is that an IEI I know was reading The Other Boleyn Girl a month or so ago. LOL IEI

[/derail]
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Henry VIII was a Se EP desperately in need of someone with Ni; I think ESFp > ESTp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was SLE, Fi PoLR evident. He had a lot people that were once close to him purged. He was actually very spiritual and scholastic, but also very physical and athletic. Originally he was going to enter the Church because his older brother Arthur was groomed to be king. He could have married anyone else when he became king at 17 but he chose his brother’s widow and from what historians gathered, it was beyond duty and love; he saw Catherine’s suffering as she stayed in limbo in England for 7 years with no future and he admired her courage. I think Catherine was an Fe lead, hard to tell which because culturally and historically, people were devout and spiritual, but I think ESE over EIE due to her fighting and refusing to retire quietly. She always maintained that she was Henry’s lawful wife in all sense of the word and she never consummated her marriage with Arthur.

A lot of people think Henry broke with the Catholic Church because he wanted to marry Anne but that wasn’t true. His primary motivation was he wanted to save his soul. The Catholic Church upheld his marriage to Catherine as true under the eyes of God and the law, but he was convinced that God punished them for committing the big sin that he married his dead brother’s wife when she had already consummated the marriage with Arthur and that would have damned both their souls.

Anne Boleyn was very interesting, as she wasn’t beautiful or even young when Henry took an interest in her (she was like 32 when they married) but she was very smart and witty. Where Henry blamed Catherine for destroying him, Anne restored Henry’s Ni, with the Protestant religion which he took solace in. She was pretty bold and sassy, turned down the title of official court mistress (Henry never offered that title to anyone else) but I don’t think she was IEI. I think she was very shrewd and intellectual, knew what she was doing and leveled her power options before her and enriched her impoverished family with the relationship. I think she was Gamma, LIE and she did battle Cardinal Wolsey for power (he was 2nd most powerful and richest man next to Henry) and won. I think she and Wolsey were identicals. Apparently none of the wives captured Henry’s intellectual side quite like Anne did but her time as queen was short for such a huge power grab.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

King Henry VIII - ENFP Huxley