Thread: my boss

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default my boss

I want to figure out what type my boss is. I don't know why it's so difficult for me, I spend 20 to 40 hours a week with the guy, but eh well... anyways...

He's an Exxp.

He is very good at dealing with clients and explaining things to them. Sometimes he's a bit over the top with enthusiasm. We laugh when we see things in houses that we don't see very often (like "Holy shit look at that!") and he enjoys climbing around on roofs as much as I do. He's the best Home Inspector in the area, and it's mainly to his excellent technical knowledge, his quick mind, and his people skills. He is a very ethical man, and he is very generous. He treats people well and doesn't complain about much. He is also quite enterprising. He has been greatly successful in his chosen field, Home Inspection, but is also a Real Estate Developer, the president of a charity which repairs homes for disabled and elderly people, is involved in politcal workings as they concern Home Inspection, founded the state's home inspector association and was the president of it for 9 years, and developed Home Inspection report forms which he sells to other Home Inspectors. Right now he is in the beginning stages of expanding his Home Inspection company by taking on apprentices, training them to a very high standard, and then sending them out to do inspections on their own for him and taking on another apprentice. The company will also focus on commerical building counseltations. We will also be developing Home Inspection software this winter which we'll hopefully have ready to go by spring.

Any ideas?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, he is definitely the same type as Ashton, Super-Fag Extravert
    That would make him:
    ESTp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol I sorta think he looks like an ESTp, too. I forgot to mention that I've noticed that he doesn't like to acknowledge physical issues, like if he sneezes and someone says "Bless you" he ignores them, or if he trips and you ask him if he's okay he'll say something like "No, I'm going to die" in a sarcastic tone very unlike what he usually sounds like. Is this related?
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    lol I sorta think he looks like an ESTp, too. I forgot to mention that I've noticed that he doesn't like to acknowledge physical issues, like if he sneezes and someone says "Bless you" he ignores them, or if he trips and you ask him if he's okay he'll say something like "No, I'm going to die" in a sarcastic tone very unlike what he usually sounds like. Is this related?
    Yes, it is. You see, Se stands for Super Extreme fag. This is why your boss is very inconsiderate and doesn't acknowledge other people unless he suspects they are also gay. He wont acknowledge you because you are female. It's all very obvious.

Gay people are usually pretty good at conning others, especially in real estate. They also are metrosexuals so are concerned with their looks it causea them to come off as a 'people' person. However, this is often an elaborate disguise to mask their true homosexual desires.

But yes, ESTp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kreatuv
    Yes, it is. You see, Se stands for Super Extreme fag. This is why your boss is very inconsiderate and doesn't acknowledge other people unless he suspects they are also gay. He wont acknowledge you because you are female. It's all very obvious.

Gay people are usually pretty good at conning others, especially in real estate. They also are metrosexuals so are concerned with their looks it causea them to come off as a 'people' person. However, this is often an elaborate disguise to mask their true homosexual desires.

But yes, ESTp
    yet this is 110% unrelated to my boss!
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yet this is 110% unrelated to my boss!
    Actually your boss seems more ESTj than ESTp to me from your description, to be honest. I mean, he is your boss after all. People in any management positions are so much more likely to be j. Also, ESTjs are very 'go getter' types. They're also a very generous type. More likely to be competitive, etc etc etc...
    There are more reasons, but I would say ESTj before ESTp. Just take a look at the ESTj description on socion.info and compare what you said to it: it's obvious.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, he sounds like an ESTj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, ESTj sounds about right, but...

He's charismatic, very generous, likes to help out and take care of others because it's the right thing to do and he cares about the wellbeing of others, patient, easygoing with others (he wants them to do stuff but he doesn't get upset with them easily, and he expects more of himself than others), is as much idea orientated as he is action orientated, and he's generally more interested in his projects than he is in keeping his house spotless. He also loves going out. He goes to see live bands as often as he can, and he tends to smile and laugh a lot more than most people I think.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFj
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, ESTj sounds about right, but...
    But nothing, young lady!
    He is ESTj!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I gave my boss two descritpions for both ESTj and ESFj. He said that the ESTj was nothing like him and the ESFj sounds a little like him. I had briefly explained what percieving and judging mean, and he seems to think he's more of a perciever. So... these are the options...

ESFj
    ESFp
    ENFj
    ENFp

I originally thought he was an ENFp, but now I think ESFj or ESFp are more likely. Can ESFps be enterprising?
    SEE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFps can be enterprising (moreover, can you really say that someone can't be of a type because of their job?) since they can be very focused and active due to their . They are not the best to evaluate whether something makes business sense but they can be very engaged.

Now that I think about it, he sounds a bit like a female ESFp ethical subtype I know. I also had problems to decide whether she was ESFp or ESFj.

How is he with logical thinking in matters not related to this job?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think estp was the right answer.

I asked my estp husband what he would say if he tripped and someone asked if he was Ok, he said he'd say "What's it look like?" essentially the same thing as what' Joy's boss said. Heh.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd ask him to take similarmind's Jung test if it's this hard to type him....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    I think estp was the right answer.

I asked my estp husband what he would say if he tripped and someone asked if he was Ok, he said he'd say "What's it look like?" essentially the same thing as what' Joy's boss said. Heh.
    Yeah I agree, this behaviour sounds like an ESTp I work with as well.