Thread: Type reconsideration

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type reconsideration

For quite some time now, seven or eight months I'd say, I've been wondering about the validity of my self typing. Which is IEI. Or at the very least beta NF. Right now I'm ready to have a discussion on it, got some free time and all.

Ok, so what do you people think my type is?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    For quite some time now, seven or eight months I'd say, I've been wondering about the validity of my self typing. Which is IEI. Or at the very least beta NF. Right now I'm ready to have a discussion on it, got some free time and all.

I still think of when I think of you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    I still think of when I think of you.
    Can you say why?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you say why?
    It must be the lake metaphor you once used to explain socionics.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with XoX. If you really are an NF type (which I strongly doubt), it is impossible for me, based on the information you have provided about yourself in combination with a sense of strong similarity in attitudes and thinking, to see you as any other NF type than IEI.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    It must be the lake metaphor you once used to explain socionics.
    Ah, yes, this. What makes you say Ni? Why not something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I agree with XoX. If you really are an NF type (which I strongly doubt), it is impossible for me, based on the information you have provided about yourself in combination with a sense of strong similarity in attitudes and thinking, to see you as any other NF type than IEI.
    So basically, you think I'm IEI, based on on the information I have provided about myself and based on a sense of strong similarity in my attitudes and my thinking to your own. Could you be explicit and tell me exactly what information, attitudes, thinking patterns are you referring too? (Or at least try)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, yes, this. What makes you say Ni? Why not something else?
    Why not Ne? The first methaphor suggests Ne rather than Ni, I think. How do you know that you are not an ILE? That would explain why you identify with Keirsey's Rational temperament, why you identify with INTP type descriptions and get such results on tests, and maybe some other things too.

So basically, you think I'm IEI, based on on the information I have provided about myself and based on a sense of strong similarity in my attitudes and my thinking to your own.
    No. I have explained why a lot of things you have said about yourself are inconsistent with IEI, so the only way I can see you as an IEI is to ignore those things or explain them away somehow. But I haven't found a way to do that yet.

Could you be explicit and tell me exactly what information, attitudes, thinking patterns are you referring too? (Or at least try)
    I have done that a couple of times already. Basically, you consistently describe your own attitudes, your way of thinking, your test results, your behaviour etc. in a way that doesn't fit the IEI type.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

do you have any pics around?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.