Thread: Written by an INTj

Creepy-

Default Written by an INTj

This was written by an INTj that I fancy. Thought it might interest some. I only partially understand it.

Remember me as a time of day.

There are some places we can never go, both in our hearts and in our lives, impassible barriers that leer at us from atop the comfortably familiar mountainsides of eternity. Those of us that carry these with us, every day of our existence, a constant reminder, can only live on like the clockwork machines we are. Its all you can do after a while, becoming numb to pain, hate, apathy; absorbing and returning it tenfold. And thats why I say that I dream of machines, I dream of clockwork, and I pray to a god that damns with every stroke that one day we'll be broken, and after that day passes, we'll finally be able to go into repair and eventually become something less yet something more. A stolen dream, as all true dreams are, for it is impossible for me to dream for myself, memory washing any sort of reprieve away.
    Ultimately, I am a hemorrhage.
    Bad blood under the skin, sinking in and anchoring, multiplying, and always failing to bleed when struck. Thats all I've got really, a penny without a well, a hundred wishes and a hundred wells just on the mountaintop, too tired and too afraid to scale the monument of my own destruction just so I can fall, crashing into the ground with a gravity that breathes life into every part of the body. There's a kind of comfort at the bottom of the mountain, the unrelenting chill of winter and security. The earth is not a cold, dead place, but at many times we find it hard to open our eyes, too focused on what could possibly happen if we do, and we live on in our darkened days, riding through seas of ice upon Naglfar, waiting for the gods to rend the sky in two.
    Still moving on, like clockwork, waiting to be broken.
    Or maybe I just need some more sleep.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could've passed for a page in my journal. although the choices for metaphor are different.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate it when people post lyrics from My Chemical Romance songs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An INTj wrote that? That reads completely alien to me. I've never written like that in my life.
    INTj Mathematician -- "What, me worry?"

"As intelligence increases, happiness goes down. See, I made a graph. I make a lot of graphs." -- Lisa Simpson

Creepy-

He'd like to be a writer. He's brilliant at it, really. We are still in high school. I just wondered if some could understand or relate to it. Besides, they mostly say INTj's would make good scientists, but not this one. Science is my forte.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoever wrote that should be embarassed. Stream-of-thought garbage like that is totally self-indulgent and pointless. When you get that depressed you might as well swallow a bottle of sleeping pills.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you get as attention-starved and hyper-aggresive as Joe, you might as well stop shitting on other people to make yourself feel better and take a cleaver to your wrists.

Remember, Joe, go with the flow, not across.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    When you get as attention-starved and hyper-aggresive as Joe, you might as well stop shitting on other people to make yourself feel better and take a cleaver to your wrists.

Remember, Joe, go with the flow, not across.
    Oooh, lack of perceptiveness: check.

Touchy and irrational ethical values: check.

Poor attempt at sounding intellectual by using the word "cleaver:" check.

Yep, ENFp. :wink:

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fail to see how using the word "cleaver" is an attempt at seeming intellectual.

Also, where do you get lack of perceptiveness? Wouldn't that point more towards J, anyways?

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fail to see how using the word "cleaver" is an attempt at seeming intellectual.
    So do I. But it seems to have put you on the defensive, which is what I was trying to do.

Also, where do you get lack of perceptiveness? Wouldn't that point more towards J, anyways?
    No.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does asking questions point to defensiveness? Maybe if I was getting emotional and making ad hominem attacks (like you), you could make that argument. The problem is that I'm not.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does asking questions point to defensiveness? Maybe if I was getting emotional and making ad hominem attacks (like you), you could make that argument. The problem is that I'm not.
    No, asking questions does not make you defensive. However, what you are doing is responding with DEFENSIVE questions. You seem to think I am becomming emotional, and you equate this with whatever YOU consider "emotional" to be, which is something all ENFps do: they apply their OWN emotional scales to everyone, while pretending to be openminded champions of justice.

Now, see how I only responded to your post insofar as it helped my argument, and ignored the parts that were personally insulting. This is because I am NOT being defensive, but only trying to prove my point. This statement itself may be accused of being defensive, and technically I suppose it is, but the point was not to defend myself, but my argument.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if this really is a hoax, I must say, you are pretty good at emotional manipulation. At least as far as message boards go.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cjcoldmine
    An INTj wrote that? That reads completely alien to me. I've never written like that in my life.
    yeah the format is wrong. an INTJ will write in 2-4 sentance chunks of 2-4 paragraphs. each paragraph will usually cover a slightly different topic. just enough words to cover what's needed to say, without too many metaphor's.

an INTJ get's right to the point, too many descriptions wouldn't be needed. this reads more like a poem of sorts. it's really doubtful that this was written by an INTJ, as it doesn't cover a specific topic, it only runs on and on. A different type wrote this one. not sure which one though.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mike, i disagree.

i understand the prose exactly after reading it only twice. i've known myself to write like this, and i am certainly INTj, and these are things i see as an INTj. but then i favour words as a means of expression. i see no discrepancy between an ability to describe in metaphor with an INTj personality. i figure if one of us decides to acquire proficiency in literature and writing, he would. and passion, though not often displayed, is deep down part of an INTj's search for understanding. the despair and fear of what it takes to achieve understanding are also INTj themes, especially when the way is intuitively seen, as is the doubt that it may never be attained.

an INTj does typically write succintly - when he is trying to convey information about something specific, or trying to get a message across. but perhaps not necessarily when expressing a feeling, particularly when it's not verbal. you don't think in a succint, clear manner when in despair. it goes in circles and attains a different aspect and that is exactly what is described. or it could be that he and i are really INxJ... although i don't think so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have written stuff like that. yes it is beautiful. yes i am a ******.
    lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cjcoldmine
    It reads alien to me too. I'd describe it as being "incoherent", and having "excessive symbolism".
    INTJ

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are the INTj subtypes?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robesp'er (INTJ)
    Analyst is initial (intuitive)
    (planning - from the Eng. conceptor)

Analyst - good scientist -konqeptualist, primary attention gives to the global issues, the generator of ideas. For it are more important promising achievements than the result of the current moment. It is held it is softly, correctly, careful in the contacts. Outwardly frequently astenichen, more than attention gives to the exterior view, the health.

Analyst is terminal (logical)
    (systematizing - from the Eng. systemizer)

Is concrete and regulated, organizer in the science, he does not entrust to the too removed ideas. Scholar, but only in its narrow region. In the behavior - it is dry, restrained, it can be authoritarian. It does not love discussions and frictions in the association, it is held on the distant psychological distance. Strict adherent of reasonable systems. It bears a strict clothing, it is attempted to be in grow prettier to physical form.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you Rocky

so there's our answer
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've never paid much attention to the whole subtypes thing, but rocky's post makes me think i am definitely leaning more towards intuitive.
    lol

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahhhh.... can one be both, at different times?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what implications do this "subtype" thing have for inter-type relations?

Could this have something to do with why, for example, some people prefer INTJ-ENFP relationships, while other people say to avoid them?
    INTJ

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P-chan
    So what implications do this "subtype" thing have for inter-type relations?

Could this have something to do with why, for example, some people prefer INTJ-ENFP relationships, while other people say to avoid them?
    THAT only has to do with attraction and personality stuff, which is seperate from the socioincs definition of "Duality".
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirana
    ahhhh.... can one be both, at different times?
    i was thinking about this after i made that post. i would say yes.
    lol