Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 171

Thread: Death Note (manga)

  1. #81
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,333
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Lol @ Light as Sensing.
    .

  2. #82
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,964
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Misa proposing to be Light's gf:

    HAHA VICTIM
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  3. #83
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,964
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SPOILER ALERT; can't remember how to do that openable window thingy
    The boy shows affection

    Complements her eyes

    And the girl is devoted


    600th post! I'm such a romantic!
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  4. #84
    Creepy-female

    Default

    Poli IS L


  5. #85
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't remember every character in detail but anyway TYPINGS ARE FUN, NOW WITH 20% MORE ENNEAGRAM.

    Yagami Light: Ti-INTj (1w2)
    Ryuk: Ne-ENTp (7w6)
    L: Ne-INTj (9w1)
    Amane Misa: Si-ESFj (2w3)
    Rem: IxFx

    The Kira Investigation Team is almost entirely Delta.

    Matsuda: Fi-ENFp
    Soichiro Yagami: Te-ESTj
    Shuichi Aizawa: Si-ESTj
    Kanzo Mogi: Te-ISTp

    Near: Ti-INTj
    Mello: Pe-Exxp

  6. #86
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,964
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I don't remember every character in detail but anyway TYPINGS ARE FUN, NOW WITH 20% MORE ENNEAGRAM.
    LoL and aww

    Your typings sound plausible though I don't remember all the names of the characters. Besides that Misa and Light don't look too much dualz but i guess there's so much more on the background such as Light's god of justice complex.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  7. #87
    Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    4,938
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just got into this show and I'm loving it so far. I generally agree with Radio's typings aside from a few differences and I added instinctual stackings.

    Light Yagami: Ti-LII 1w2 sp/sx
    Ryuk: Ne-ILE 7w6 sx/sp
    L: Ni-ILI 5w4 sp/sx
    Misa Amane: Fe-ESE 2w3 sx/so
    Rem: Se-ESI 4w3 so/sx

    Matsuda: Fi-ENFp 2w3 so/sx
    Soichiro Yagami: 1w9 Te-LSE sp/so
    Shuichi Aizawa: 8w9 Si-LSE sx/sp
    Kanzo Mogi: 9w8 Si-SLI sp/so
    Last edited by Raver; 03-03-2012 at 08:56 AM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

  8. #88
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,369
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Light LIE
    L LII
    N ILI

  9. #89
    Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    4,938
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Light LIE
    L LII
    N ILI
    Looking back, Light as LIE makes sense, but I'd switch L and N's types.

    Light - Te-LIE
    L - Ni-ILI
    N - Ne-LII
    Ryuk - Ne-ILE
    Misa - Si-ESE
    Mello - Fi-SEE
    Rem - Fe-SEI
    Mikami - Ti-LSI
    Takada - Fi-ESI
    Matsuda - Ne-IEE
    Soichiro - Te-LSE
    Aiwaza - Si-LSE
    Mogi - Si-SLI

    There's even a test that typed all the characters and you figure out which character/personality type you are.

    http://www.helloquizzy.com/quizzy/re...447&resultid=5
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

  10. #90
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,369
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's been a long time since i watched the show, so you could be right. The thing most memorable about N and L is that N could go off of limited information, whereas L needed to be 100% sure before doing anything. And i feel as though that is why N caught Light, because he went with his gut. Whereas L could be 99% sure and still not pull the trigger.

    Coming to think about it, L had a totally unusual way of maintaining his own health. He'd eat snacks all night, stay up weird hours, and neglect himself in that regard. That probably fits in pretty well with an Si-Role function. So I agree with you. L-ILI N - LII

  11. #91
    bye now
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,892
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    ...
    L: Ni-ILI 5w4 sp/sx
    ...
    Hey, my stacking, plus socionics subtype. Was wondering if there was an example out there; I guess it's fictional, but that's better than nothing.

    I must have forgotten about this show, had a thought, remembered, and wondered. I've read some think L might be asperger. But this character is a lot like me, uncanny in the similarity; very high-functioning perhaps. Maybe it doesn't matter much then. But I know aspergers does have a higher incidence of gender dysphoria, though it's questionable in MTF transsexuals as they do not have problems with understanding other people's emotions, but in how to be a natural self around others that judge them as men, but nevermind.

    But some people type L IEI or INFJ in MBTI I guess because of the high amount of intuition. I don't think the Ni subtype is as prickly, fault-finding, or hostile as the Te subtype seems to often be (on this board anyway), making it harder for an Ni leading Ni subtype to decide between IEI or ILI, I suppose.

    But anyway, I agree fully with you Raver.

  12. #92
    suedehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,101
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Revised:

    Light: LIE
    L: LII
    Misa: Fi-SEE
    Ryuk: Ne-ILE
    Rem: ESI
    Matsuda: IEE
    Soichiro: LSE
    Aizawa: LSE
    Higochi: SLE
    Namikawa: Te-ILI or Ti-LII
    Last edited by suedehead; 05-20-2017 at 03:42 PM.

  13. #93
    Olimpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Europe
    TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Posts
    7,968
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

    Default

    How haven't I seen this thread before...?

    Light
    ILI-Te, So/Sp 1w2 (153).

    L
    LII, Sp/Sx 9w1 (953).

    Misa
    SEE-Fi, Sx/Sp 3w4 (369).

    Ryuk
    IEE-Ne, Sp/Sx 7w8 (784).

    Soichiro
    LSE-Si, So/Sp 6w5 (638).

    Matsuda
    SEI-Fe, So/Sx 9w1 (963).

    Rem
    ESI-Fi, Sx/Sp 9w8 (964).

    Watari
    SLI-Te, So/Sp 6w5 (693).

    Naomi
    ESI, Sp/Sx 6w5 (649).

    Near
    LII-Ti, So/Sp 5w6 (593).
    Last edited by Olimpia; 05-20-2017 at 01:00 PM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

    *********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"



  14. #94
    Olimpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Europe
    TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Posts
    7,968
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

    Default

    Somehow I find Mello's type to be a tough cookie. It's difficult to really pinpoint it. He seems to have some contradictory traits; those you wouldn't find in real life. I keep switching back and forth between SEE and IEE-Fi for him, and his Enneagram is difficult, too... I'm guessing 3w4 So/Sp (368) as of now...
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

    *********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"



  15. #95

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    TIM
    IEI-Fe 694 so/sx
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Light LIE 1w2 so/sp
    L LII 5w4 sx/sp
    Near ILI (LII?) 5w6 sp/so
    Mello ILE 3w4 sx/sp
    Ryuk ? 7w8 sp/sx
    Misa SEE-Fi sx/so
    Mikami Te-ego 1w2 sp/sx
    Matsuda IEE-Fi so/sx
    Soichiro Yagami LSE 6w5 sp/so
    Naomi Misora ESI 6w5 sp/sx

    contra-flow: Light, Ryuk, Misa, Mikami
    vs
    syn-flow: L, Near, Mello, Soichiro Yagami, Matsuda, etc..

  16. #96
    Kids Turned Out Fine
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    9,076
    Mentioned
    710 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    @lynn @suedehead You just got some invitations

    Ryuk as IEE would make sense, what a favorite He appeared out of boredom/curiosity and -seeking, and threw everything into chaos, PoLR. Chemistry with Light is pretty ok so he's not in Alpha as ILE.

  17. #97
    on a magic carpet ride fresh meat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    As seen on T.V.
    TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Posts
    1,522
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Light: ILI-Te (or LIE-Ni) 153 sounds right
    L: LII
    Misa: SEE-Fi 3w4 sx/so, 379
    Ryuk: Don't know if I buy IEE (seems transparently Fi PoLR) but certainly Ep and 7w8, 748 sp/sx sounds right
    Matsuda: IEE 7w6 (or 6w7) so/sx
    Mello: Se/Ni Ep 3w4
    Near: LII (or ILI) 5
    Rem: ESI
    Naomi: ESI
    Yagami: LSE
    Watari: SLI-Te

    Misa's my fav.

    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night



    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 3w4 9w8

  18. #98
    Attis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    369
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Light is too proficient with Fe to be an Fe vulnerable type. I'd say he's more likely to be LIE, while L and Near are examples of 1D Fe types.

  19. #99
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,369
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Still riding that ILI wave for L pretty hard. I think Misa Misa would have drove him nuts if he was an LII. He adored her.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

  20. #100
    Olimpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Europe
    TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Posts
    7,968
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

    Default

    Misa was always pissed off by him, he just took it peacefully and with a calm attitude because he is Type 9. He also overlooked her attitude because he thought she's not that bright anyway and hot. Guys are usually more lenient with hot women.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

    *********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"



  21. #101
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,369
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Misa was pissed off at his tactic to not leave them alone, but she said countless times that she really liked him, and likewise L muttered under his breath that he might fall for her after a particular obnoxious spat on her part.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

  22. #102
    Olimpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Europe
    TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Posts
    7,968
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

    Default

    How do you explain L's obvious Childlike behaviour, then?
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

    *********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"



  23. #103
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,369
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    How do you explain L's obvious Childlike behaviour, then?
    Which kind? Only eating snack food? Sitting in terribly uncomfortable positions?
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

  24. #104
    Veins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kira LIE
    L ILI
    Misa SEE

  25. #105
    Rhaegar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd offer:


    Light LIE: I would agree with ILI-Te, but I can not see an ILI with such an odd strategic goal as being god of a new world of kind hearted people. Sounds Ni creative actually. Seemed like a strategic type overall. Contrast this with L's tactics.


    L ILI: Obviously a tactical type, creative Te methods (using criminals for messages, just deciding to test things in blatant violation of laws and making spontaneous unexpected moves (like meeting Light at University)). Seems like Si is in superego as there is a clear disregard for health in the frequent snacking and odd seating positions. No attention paid to appearance (could go LII or ILI here depending). Also noticed a lot of Ne ignoring. L knew bad things were going to happen. He arguably knew he was going to die (hear the bells?) and did nothing to stop it. Sounds a lot like Reinin's Ne ignoring description: Sometimes will ignore adverse succession of events, especially if it only concerns them personally.


    I also think he enjoyed the process (process type) of the fight with Light at times more than the result of actually catching him. Light seems the opposite, the result is obviously the most important thing.


    N LII: I always thought N better fit LII. Everything is a puzzle to be solved. Seems very Ti. Reminds me of the Ti base description from Golihov: His thinking is like a foundament, it can be leaned on in any situation…. Contrast this with L who’s thinking was a stream of consciousness in constant flux. L was only firm with regard to making actual moves in real time (Te creative under Ni direction). N was unflappable in his thinking and very confident in his conclusions about things. I suppose ILI Te is arguable here but it just doesn’t seem Ni base, too much precision in everything. Seemed like a static type (stable analytical thinking), everything had a place in his mind that was very solid.

  26. #106
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    7,058
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I liked L a lot, but Lite was interesting in his own way.
    I had Misa pegged as ESE. She seemed hyperactive on the Fe and I didn't see any Se. (She reminded me of an ESE friend I had.)
    I could see Rem as LSE. She seemed the caregiver type.
    SLE-Ti for Ryuk works too.

    It works for L to be LII, Misa ESE, and Lite LIE.

    (wow, this is an old thread)

    LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  27. #107
    Saoirse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    San Junipero
    TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Posts
    277
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think this blog makes good arguments for certain types. The summary is (there are detailed arguments for the first 5):

    Light - LIE
    L - LII
    Near - ILI
    Mello - SLE
    Ryuk - ILE

    Misa - SEE
    Soichiro Yagami - LSE
    Rem - EII
    Mikami - SLI
    Matsuda - SEE.

  28. #108

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    TIM
    ENFp
    Posts
    372
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I think Ryuk was Ti-SLE. He was like the cartoon version of @Satan lol

    Misa, obvious SEE.

    Rem's character actually reminded me a lot of @Director Abbie, though I'm not sure if LSE fits 100% for her, but maybe. Definitely valued Fi.

    L was probably LII.

    L and Ryuk were the only good things about the whole show, imo.

    I had a crush on L and stopped watching the series after he died, lol.
    I agree with your typing.
    Especially Ryuk, he is an obvious SLE.
    L: LII or ILE
    Misa: SEE Fi
    Kira: Beta ST (the end justifies the means)
    Rem: Woah if she really is LSE then her relation with Misa makes perfect sense (benefactor/beneficiary) though my first guess was ESI, i could see SLI as well... She is a hard one...
    Mello: SEE Se
    Kira's father: LSE
    Matsuda: I really want to be sure of his type... Between IEE and SEI...

  29. #109

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Ryuk- H-LII-Ti (INTj), ISTP, 7w8 sp/sx
    I've met someone like Ryuk in real life and gave them the tests and my friend, you've nailed it perfectly!

  30. #110
    FarDraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    TIM
    Ni-INTp sp5
    Posts
    365
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Death Note (Anime)

    I'm not satisfied with the lack of consensus on the other threads about this topic. We will narrow this down further.

    My thoughts. I am open to being wrong.

    Light - Se valuing for sure. Ethical since his goals were humanitarian in nature even without the death note. They weren’t about enforcing law and order so much as they were about ridding humanity of suffering. He says that “the world is rotten". He demonstrates strong Ni with his foreseeing the likely outcome of his actions and Ne with his subsequent contingency planning in case it went wrong. I think EIE over IEI because his god-complex seems Se hidden agenda becoming escalated. I don't see Se ego because that would require weak Ni if Se valuing, which does not fit. I also think that his aggregated confidence and aggression prevents him from being as cautious as he was at the beginning of the series; in a way, his successful results strengthen his Se, which limits his engagement with Ni and Ne, leading him to be caught. It was very easy for him to succeed in the end given his position. EIE.

    L – Strong Ti and Ne for sure. His thought process is similar to that of a theoretical scientist – purely analytical, considering all theoretical possibilities, trying to determine a logically consistent model based on the evidence provided. I see Fe valuing over Fi valuing, given his willingness to engage in unethical methods of detective work more often. Moreover, he is oddly attracted to Misa and Light, both whom I type as Fe base. He also has the desire to be loved I see in Fe type. Possible Si role with his superstitions that sitting in odd positions will increase his cognitive abilities, but Si seems to be valued, as evidenced by his eating habits. Overall, alpha seems much more likely than gamma, and his inability to act without full certainty that Light is Kira seems more indicative of Ti ego than Te ego – he wants an irrefutable, perfect system even when the evidence before him suffices. In fact, this could be Te ignoring. But I can see Fe HA. LII > ILE.

    Ryuk – Si valuing. Abstaining from discomfort more prevalent than seeking comfort so delta > alpha. Indifferent to the actions of humans – passive observer. No ethics to speak of. Irrational. SLI.

    Misa – Fun loving and care free. Constantly complains of boredom – perhaps indicative of Si valuing. Alpha naïveté - simply wants to be loved by Light, sometimes being oblivious to the scale of the situation. But simultaneously the one who has a clearer picture of what’s important, especially when the Light-L rivalry becomes the focus of the show. Reminds me of Shiina Mayuri (SEI) from Steins;Gate in this regard, though the focus on this aspect of Misa’s character is diminished due to the darker themes of the anime. Impulsive and often lacking in foresight; strong source of conflict between her and Light because of this. ESE.

    Soichiro - Dutiful, diligent, conscientious. Strong Fi moral code and delta values overall. However, not ethical given that he berates himself for acting emotionally in a number of circumstances. Definitely rational. Sides with L because he understands Ls competence and experience. Not much insightful dialogue, however, so this is the best I can do. LSE.

    Near – Weak Se. Unreactive. Fi valuing seeing his moral code and desire to do things the “right” way. He said something along the lines of “that’s not how we do things” when one of the SPK agents suggests an unethical tactic. While there are theories that he cheated at the end by using the death note, the evidence in favour of those theories is minimal when just considering the anime, so we can take him on his word by Occam’s razor. His childishness could be a sign of alpha, but it seems to be more related to never having developed skills of independence in childhood. His strong Ti seems more as a glue to relate his guesses than it does to actually determine truth like it does for L. He is far more willing to make guesses and test those guesses spontaneously, waiting until one fits than he is piecing the evidence together in a logically consistent manner. His solving of puzzles seems more Ni Te rather than Ti in this regard. Similar to my problem-solving process. Also, less Ne demonstrated than L, though could be indicative of Ti subtype. I can see Near and Mello being duals given that the series portrays them as two halves of a whole; not every dual relationship needs to be strong, especially when there is competition. ILI > LII.

    Mello - Dominated by inferiority complex. Me against the world mentality – reminiscent of gamma. Se ego due to reactivity (not type 6 style of reactivity) and focus on immediate tangible action. Very emotional and impulsive. Ep temperament fits better than Ij. SEE.

    Mikami - Subservient to Light. Very rational. Ij temperament for sure. Se creative as well, using rules and order as tools to subjugate. Unlike Light, his goals are to enforce order rather than to Similar to Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass but less hypocritical and freethinking. Fe valuing – serve justice for the sake of others’ happiness. Different from ESI who tends to stick by their principles for the purpose of self-fulfillment. Compare Kallen Kozuki (ESI) to Mikami, who I type as LSI. Fi tends to be more selfish yet more genuine. LSI.

    Most other characters are not given enough screen time to determine type, except perhaps for Aizawa, though I cannot remember enough about him.

    Thoughts?
    ----- FarDraft, 2019

  31. #111
    of the sun Karatos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    LSI- Se 9w8
    Posts
    1,615
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm going to type them based on Gulenko's Forms of Cognition:

    Light - LSI
    L - ILI
    Ryuk - ILE?
    Misa - ESE
    Soichiro - LSE
    Near - LII? Don't remember much. Could be ILI.
    Mello - SEE
    Mikami -LSI

    Yeah, now that I think about it, ESE for Misa and LSI for Light works pretty well because they seem like semi-duals. They take care of each others' needs pretty well, other than the fact that they have somewhat different psychological agendas. Ti meets Fe, but Se/Ni valuing vs. Ne/Si valuing.
    Last edited by Karatos; 11-05-2018 at 01:27 AM.
    "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see." - Schopenhauer

  32. #112
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,369
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Light LIE
    L ILI
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

  33. #113
    Cosmic Teapot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    SLI sp/so
    Posts
    1,220
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    L is the fictional super-LII and in a kindred relation with Light. "Shoko Maki" said that she thinks they are (/feel) alike. They may look like opposites on the outside but they both use Ti.
    Besides, L is childlike. We see that especially when Watari is around (SEI or ESE?)

  34. #114
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    1,977
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Light LIE
    L LII
    Near ILI
    Mello SLE
    Misa SEE
    Mikami LSI (cool how everyone agrees on this one so far)
    Soichiro LSE (and this one)
    Ryuk ILE
    Fem Shinigami: EII
    Afro guy SLI
    Matsuda IEE

  35. #115
    of the sun Karatos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    LSI- Se 9w8
    Posts
    1,615
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    L is the fictional super-LII and in a kindred relation with Light. "Shoko Maki" said that she thinks they are (/feel) alike. They may look like opposites on the outside but they both use Ti.
    Besides, L is childlike. We see that especially when Watari is around (SEI or ESE?)
    Yeah, I definitely understand the childlike argument. If I saw that fucker walking down the street, I'd like he's childlike because he doesn't seem to know how to take care of himself or present a "mature" image.

    But I'm thinking in terms of what his actual thought process is like. Doesn't he seem to take 2, maybe three premises, and analyze them to see which one holds the most water, conclusively? Sounds like DA cognition.

    Also, what do you think about the possibility of Light being LIE? I thought he was Causal-Deterministic, since he tends to go through the practical implications of every step he takes. But now that I think about it, I wonder if this is VS cognition going through all his potential options and mentally testing them.
    "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see." - Schopenhauer

  36. #116
    Cosmic Teapot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    SLI sp/so
    Posts
    1,220
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    Yeah, I definitely understand the childlike argument. If I saw that fucker walking down the street, I'd like he's childlike because he doesn't seem to know how to take care of himself or present a "mature" image.
    Haha yes. Especially when he said that he hates losing!

    But I'm thinking in terms of what his actual thought process is like. Doesn't he seem to take 2, maybe three premises, and analyze them to see which one holds the most water, conclusively? Sounds like DA cognition.
    Maybe you remember my attempt at an ILE-ILI conflict where I tried to to explain the conflict in terms of cognition. However I failed at that so I won't even try to have an opinion on DA cognition this time

    Also, what do you think about the possibility of Light being LIE? I thought he was Causal-Deterministic, since he tends to go through the practical implications of every step he takes. But now that I think about it, I wonder if this is VS cognition going through all his potential options and mentally testing them.
    I wrote a blog entry about the possibility of Light being LIE [1] but I don't expect anyone to read it. Not even I want to read it - it's too long. (Same goes for LSIs [2] and LIEs [3] in fiction.)

    My main points where:
    1. Light's program function is typical for LSIs. He is precise in his tests and executing [4]. If you want to take Gulenko's cognition style into account; his reasoning is deterministic ("everything went according to plan) and his biggest weakness is unforeseen events (Ne-Polr)
    2. His goal of establishing social order ("I'll be the god of the new world") is classic Beta rational quadra (according to Start.)
    3. He's a detective - detectives are Ti D: (I declare it lol)

    IMO LIEs [5] don't give a shit about establishing rational social structures. Actually not even their cognitive style (chaos! rapid thinking when the right time arrives) would permit that
    There are of course cases where LIEs are involved in social causes - for example Magneto who fights for his mutant "brothers and sisters" but he never attempts to pass judgment according to rational principles (rules). His way of thinking is more like "There are mutants- my people- and everyone else" - similar to ESIs who also make a clear cut between "my people" and "my people". In short LIEs are motivated my Fi. Light on the other hand uses Ti (fairness, rules, order, rational judgment, laws etc. Betas tend to be more egalitarian)

    There are LIEs who make plans that drive the plot (Ocean's Eleven, Miss Sloane) but they are reckless, almost fantastical and not solid. LIE's (and EIE's) plans always have room to breathe (4D Ne). They are flexible - unlike Light's plans.

    [1] http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...people-are-LIE
    [2] http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...I-Byronic-Hero
    [3] http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...IEs-in-Fiction
    [4] compare to other fictional LSIs like Dexter(2006), Michael Scofield(Prison Break)
    [5] Indiana Jones, Magneto (X-Men: First Class), Danny Ocean (Ocean's Eleven)

    just my opinion though - I watched Death Note so often that I'm probably a bit too passionate about it

  37. #117
    FarDraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    TIM
    Ni-INTp sp5
    Posts
    365
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    L is the fictional super-LII and in a kindred relation with Light. "Shoko Maki" said that she thinks they are (/feel) alike. They may look like opposites on the outside but they both use Ti.
    Besides, L is childlike. We see that especially when Watari is around (SEI or ESE?)
    Watari actually seems more delta NF, with his goals to maximize the individual potential of orphan child prodigies and such. His caretaker role seems to be the logical conclusion of that goal since these children don't have parents and can't function on their own.
    ----- FarDraft, 2019

  38. #118
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    1,977
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    Watari actually seems more delta NF, with his goals to maximize the individual potential of orphan child prodigies and such. His caretaker role seems to be the logical conclusion of that goal since these children don't have parents and can't function on their own.
    Alpha SFs in irl do this too though actually.

    I see your point though. EII is sometimes called Watson instead of Dosto, to LSE as Sherlock Holmes. I would accept this typing (of EII), or ESE for Watari. I think ESE makes a bit more sense though due to his demeanor. It’s pretty cheerful and warm. EIIs have Ti (coldblooded) role.
    Last edited by sbbds; 11-05-2018 at 04:20 PM.

  39. #119
    FarDraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    TIM
    Ni-INTp sp5
    Posts
    365
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Light LIE
    L LII
    Near ILI
    Mello SLE
    Misa SEE
    Mikami LSI (cool how everyone agrees on this one so far)
    Soichiro LSE (and this one)
    Ryuk ILE
    Fem Shinigami: EII
    Afro guy SLI
    Matsuda IEE
    I think most agree with the two characters you pointed out since these characters are almost archetypes in and of themselves, and it's easy to assign types to archetypes.

    I don't see Mello as a logical type. His impulsivity and reactivity when people offend him even slightly seems to be more Fi-valuing than Ti-valuing. Se ego is likely to behave this way regardless of type, but the reactivity primarily focused on his personal insecurities makes me think Fi.

    I see Misa as Fe valuing over Fi valuing, although this could be a byproduct of her parents being killed. She seems to be the only one in the task force trying to lighten up the mood and create a fun atmosphere. That is stereotypical alpha SF.

    Ryuk didn't have enough screen time to type properly. He was little more than a device to show Light's intelligence, as he would suggest an idea and Light would already have thought of why it wouldn't work, or he would ask about Light's plan, and Light would give a detailed explanation, showing that he's thought it through. I think that we can agree that Ryuk is type 7 enneagram, probably 7w8 and 793 tritype or something along those lines.

    Damn, forgot about Matsuda. IEE seems correct, though. Aizawa (afro guy) seems cognitively extraverted with Ej > Ip, so LSE > SLI.
    ----- FarDraft, 2019

  40. #120
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    1,977
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @FarDraft I see Aizawa as P temperament compared to Soichiro who I see you also typed as LSE. I also thought SLI for Aizawa because it took him a long time to see the bigger picture of what was going on although he had some hunches and otherwise seemed reasonable and intelligent (1D Ne; Ni role; Ti demonstrative). Also he left the group for family purposes, which looked like a P temperament (defecting), Fi HA move to me.

    As for Mello not being logical, meh, he was apparently considered a gifted individual in the series. I get typed SEE/ESI a lot on this forum too lol, or at least I used to. It’s a common error!

    Re: Misa, SEEs also have 4D Fe. They are also Reinin positivists too. Demonstrative function is used when necessary. Stereotypes for quasi identicals are often similar. She is grungey and yandere, which is a gamma SF stereotype.

    Ryuk: If you don’t think he got enough screen time to type properly, why are you giving him an enneagram tritype?!

    And fwiw 793 sounds pretty Ne if you ask me, or just 7 period. I don’t see how you don’t see the Ne or the trolly ILE archetype in him.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •