Thread: EIIs/INFjs resisting "invasions" and Se PoLR

Hybrid View

Creepy-Cyclops

fwiw I don't find my INFj friends controlling or not. The give and take never an issue. Could be due to activity relations I guess.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    fwiw I don't find my INFj friends controlling or not. The give and take never an issue. Could be due to activity relations I guess.
    I don't think INFjs are particularly controlling. But any type is going to want at least some control over some things. I think what was said is that people act like INFjs are pushovers who are super accommodating and never assert control over anything. Which isn't the case.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I don't think INFjs are particularly controlling. But any type is going to want at least some control over some things. I think what was said is that people act like INFjs are pushovers who are super accommodating and never assert control over anything. Which isn't the case.
    Oh yeah. I probably can't really comment here then. I've got a few INFj friends and we've known each other for quite a while so it's almost like we understand what we want and need pretty well now and we're equally accommodating with each other. I think if they don't want to do something then they say it, I get it right away but maybe other people don't listen properly I guess? . In saying that my *best* friend INFj kind of lets girlfriends take advantage of him imo. I've never really spoke to him about it because I guess at the end of the day thats how he does things and I wouldn't want to interfere too much..unless he asked me what I think. Is this what you mean or am I missing the point entirely?

I don't think INFj's are pushovers, sometimes people don't listen enough and return their accommodating nature with equal respect to understand that they have needs and what they wan't too. I feel it's more a failing in others rather than INFj
    Last edited by Cyclops; 02-17-2008 at 09:35 PM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFjs can even take control of group projects and be somewhat domineering if they think everyone else is a slacker. They might tend to just do the "hey, let me do this, because I know you are incompetent" sort of thing, but they can be leaders.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

context is king
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    INFjs can even take control of group projects and be somewhat domineering if they think everyone else is a slacker. They might tend to just do the "hey, let me do this, because I know you are incompetent" sort of thing, but they can be leaders.
    If they think someones a slacker it's more likely they'll start a war with the slackers conscious.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

i am a leader not can be. Motherhood has clarified that lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    i am a leader not can be. Motherhood has clarified that lol
    clarified like ghee
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

clarified like ghee
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html