TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Nerdier than a robot? Oh, my.
    Nerdier than a robot: A program to take a mathematical function and use it for a search-and-replace operation on RAM.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This weekend, two small girls of close relation to myself inspired me to start playing more with my tablet. So, to break up the monotony of the forms and filings of today, I made this (in PS, from a bowl on my counter):
    What sort of medium did you use there?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nerdier than a robot? Oh, my.
    I know. I'm trying to build my own deGausser that can mess with magnetic data (particularly solid state and hard drives) from about 5 feet away (preferably more). I don't know how impossible the distance is yet, or if even 120 volts of AC current is enough to create a strong enough magnetic field for 80+ gigs of a harddrive, but, this is how i'm going to find out.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theMime. View Post
    Yes, please. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Yes, I'd like it if you posted the drawing that encouraged you to such efforts.

8 years old. <3 It's entitled, "Hannah's Jungle."

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    My digital painting still sucks
    It's more um abstract I guess
    I've decided it helps immensely to have had classical artistic training, especially the skills to see something, it's shapes and values and colors.

Here's a thread (on another forum, obviously) I read last night and today that gave me some good ideas: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47859

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    What sort of medium did you use there?
    Photoshop CS3 + a wacom tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I know. I'm trying to build my own deGausser that can mess with magnetic data (particularly solid state and hard drives) from about 5 feet away (preferably more). I don't know how impossible the distance is yet, or if even 120 volts of AC current is enough to create a strong enough magnetic field for 80+ gigs of a harddrive, but, this is how i'm going to find out.
    So... "mess with" as in "destroy"?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... "mess with" as in "destroy"?
    You know me so well Minde

Nice Giraffe

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not my arm, but I helped create it

I also did bruises, and a black eye!
    Should I post them?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know me so well Minde

Nice Giraffe
    I thought so, too. She spent a good 15 min. on that picture. Her level of concentration and determination and skill in overcoming the technical obstacles impressed me. Kids learn so fast.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not my arm, but I helped create it

I also did bruises, and a black eye!
    Should I post them?
    you make doing stage makeup seem like so much fun.

yes, post 'em.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OH MY GOSH!!!!!

chopin ur so talented!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theMime. View Post
    OH MY GOSH!!!!!

chopin ur so talented!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, those are nice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All my available creations are in the link in my signature. Although for anyone who clicks on any of the songs, please be warned the vocals are terrible. Partly due to inadequate voice, partly due to poor mixing. I'm starting proper vocal lessons now so eventually it'll get recorded properly for once.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wrote a poem a few weeks ago - I'll try and dig it out

BTW some of these are excellent
    Five/Tanzhe

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just drew this
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm not mistaken... You may want to be careful around old people with pacemakers... I'm pretty sure you could screw their shit up and kill them with such a device...haha. A lot of our equipment at work have very large magnetic fields and warnings for anyone with a pacemaker to stay away. Most of this equipment does have a computer inside of it though, so you'd have to make a really strong deGausser to make it work the way you want, I'd imagine. :wink:

I wish I had pictures of my coolest creation that I made in college. When I was in my last quarter at ITT, I actually made an entire town "function" on one microprocessor chip, complete with railroad around it that stopped at two stations and stop lights for the traffic when the train came through. It was a pretty cool project when all was said and done. I had streetlights (LED's) that lit up at a certain time, I even had one part where a car ran a red light at the train crossing that caused the train to stop instead of hitting it (which wouldn't happen in real life... I know ). I made sure to build in a "God" button, which was an EMO switch (not emo as it's used here, but an emergency machine off button) that made everything stop and caused life in that little town to exist. I even labeled it "God Button" on the corner of the board that I had everything on. I had pictures of it but lost them somewhere in the past 8 years...lol. but it was, by far, the coolest thing I'd ever "made."

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    I wish I had pictures of my coolest creation that I made in college. When I was in my last quarter at ITT, I actually made an entire town "function" on one microprocessor chip, complete with railroad around it that stopped at two stations and stop lights for the traffic when the train came through. It was a pretty cool project when all was said and done. I had streetlights (LED's) that lit up at a certain time, I even had one part where a car ran a red light at the train crossing that caused the train to stop instead of hitting it (which wouldn't happen in real life... I know ). I made sure to build in a "God" button, which was an EMO switch (not emo as it's used here, but an emergency machine off button) that made everything stop and caused life in that little town to exist. I even labeled it "God Button" on the corner of the board that I had everything on. I had pictures of it but lost them somewhere in the past 8 years...lol. but it was, by far, the coolest thing I'd ever "made."
    Try and find the pictures, that sounds really cool.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm not mistaken... You may want to be careful around old people with pacemakers... I'm pretty sure you could screw their shit up and kill them with such a device...haha. A lot of our equipment at work have very large magnetic fields and warnings for anyone with a pacemaker to stay away. Most of this equipment does have a computer inside of it though, so you'd have to make a really strong deGausser to make it work the way you want, I'd imagine. :wink:

Yeah, the only snag i've come across is that I can strip a 18 gauge wire that i found inside a cable tv cable (LOL lucky me) but I'm not sure if it's long enough. The snag is I need a foot of a metal tube, and I'm not sure where the fuck im gonna find that in hippy town. Thanks for the heads up on the pacemaker though, I'll be careful. My ENTp friend punched out the numbers and hes like "well... it doesn't look impossible yet!" ha so that's good.

It's too bad you can't find the pics , that sounds like an awesome project.

I just drew this

Creepy-bg

Yeah, the only snag i've come across is that I can strip a 18 gauge wire that i found inside a cable tv cable (LOL lucky me) but I'm not sure if it's long enough. The snag is I need a foot of a metal tube, and I'm not sure where the fuck im gonna find that in hippy town. Thanks for the heads up on the pacemaker though, I'll be careful. My ENTp friend punched out the numbers and hes like "well... it doesn't look impossible yet!" ha so that's good.
    I got a foot-long pipe for ya

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    I got a foot-long pipe for ya
    LOL. I need to weld copper wire to that foot long pipe. You still interested?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try and find the pictures, that sounds really cool.
    I haven't seen pictures of it since I moved from Tennessee 8+ years ago... I'm pretty sure they're in my mom's house somewhere but I'd have no idea where to even look since they've moved since I lived there. I'll ask her but I'm not thinking she'll have a clue what I'm even talking about...lol.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm play around on my tablet now.
    Any picture requests? I can draw anything but horses.

Creepy-bg

LOL. I need to weld copper wire to that foot long pipe. You still interested?
    only if you do it gently and tease the tip while your doing it

Creepy-bg

I'm play around on my tablet now.
    Any picture requests? I can draw anything but horses.
    how about a unicorn then?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried a lows or home depot for that metal pipe? Maybe even a plumbing place... they might even have some shit laying around if you ask... though most stuff has went to pvc... I'm sure they'd have something you could use. Or even a contractor type of place... places like where I work have metal piping all over the place... if you see a factory or building going up anywhere just swing in there and ask... you'd be surprised at how people would be willing to help if you just tell them you need it for a school project.

Creepy-bg

Have you tried a lows or home depot for that metal pipe? Maybe even a plumbing place... they might even have some shit laying around if you ask... though most stuff has went to pvc... I'm sure they'd have something you could use. Or even a contractor type of place... places like where I work have metal piping all over the place... if you see a factory or building going up anywhere just swing in there and ask... you'd be surprised at how people would be willing to help if you just tell them you need it for a school project.
    just go cut some shit from a neighbors house/apartment tweaker style. Proper etiqette is to do it in the middle of night when they're asleep.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hrmmm, cool man thanks for the ideas! I think i'll do it fri or thurs morn when I have time. I just hope I don't end up killing myself, I have to strip the ends of the copper wire and solder them to a line cord, then plug it into a standard 120v outlet.

Edit: Why do we always go gay, BG?

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about a unicorn then?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cancer, is that a tail or explosive diarrhea?

Creepy-bg

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's spraypainting the side of the drawing with poo. lol

Personally, I think the better question to ask is...

Why does your unicorn have a frown? Shouldn't imaginary horses with horns be happy? I mean, hell... they live in a fantasy land, what's not to like?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel so loved!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's a cool sketch actually... but you shoulda painted his arm a darker color...lol

Creepy-bg

that's a cool sketch actually... but you shoulda painted his arm a darker color...lol
    oh snap!

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    Actually he's not the arm, he's the prick

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    Actually he's not the arm, he's the prick

hahaha... damn... EPIC FAIL on my part... as LV would say...hahahahahaha

I'm done...

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey cancer - post your bruises and black eye! That wrist looks pretty real.

Creepy-bg

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, those are nice...

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made this last night
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast