Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Which PoLR is easiest to spot?

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I most easily notice Fe, Se, Fi, and Ti polr, but I'm only annoyed by... well I guess not really any of them if that person isn't being mean. But I'm probably annoyed most by Fi polr... and Si polr, which actually feels like Fi polr in that it is ignoring the comfort of an individual because it is antagonostic or irrelevant to the greater purpose of the whole group. And fi polr being unaware of the person's relational comfort with themself. With Si- Fi+ polr it feels like they sorta are unaware of my own comfort within the group, and if I don't say anything they completely ignore me because I'm not contributing anything at all, not being thought provoking or appealing to the emotions that they feel are relevant at that moment, just being there and wanting to relax and enjoy myself. Though I can't say that Betas ignore me the most, since I don't know any Gamma NTs, which I imagine would be even more apathetic and "what is this useless being" than an EIE, who would at least try to get me involved in their group... yeah maybe I actually dislike Fe polr more than Fi, I don't know.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shining View Post
    @Chae : I think it works for all IxTx, demonstrating feelings more easily for pets than humans, because we don't feel judged on one of our weak spot, so less afraid to show affection
    Ohh... yes yes, true That's why ExFx types are basically pets in human form hehe

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se-POLR is the most annoying to me. I hate people who wince at everything or almost "play up" being weak. Maybe not annoying so much as just unattractive.

When Ti-POLR/Te-HA manifests as Fi creatives just calling everyone stupid and spewing random "facts" in a self-righteous way then that is a huge asshole-catalyst for me. I always feel bad afterwards.

Ni-POLR is probably the most entertaining for me to watch unfold:

Ni-POLR: I am going to do X

Me: You probably shouldn't

Ni-POLR: Maybe you're right

Ni-POLR: *DOES THE THING ANYWAYS*

Ni-POLR: How did I end up here???

Ni-POLR: *REPEAT*

Ne-POLR doesn't annoy me unless it manifests as too much paranoia/obliviousness.

Si-POLR is almost refreshing because of how intense it is.

Te-POLR manifests as mildly annoying or very cute depending on stubbornness levels.

Fi-POLR ranges from "thank fuck this person has so little tolerance for bullshit" to "holy fuck this person is incredibly dramatic and neurotic and toxic"

Fe-POLR ranges from "thank fuck this person has so little tolerance for bullshit" to "holy fuck this person is incredibly dramatic and neurotic and toxic"

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck. I hate how everyone is like Se-PoLR :/

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This depends on your type. I'd imagine people spot the polr that are their ego functions much easier. I see Ti and Se polr really easily. Se polr doesn't annoy me really, but I certainly see their lack of Se.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mightylizard View Post
    Se-POLR is the most annoying to me. I hate people who wince at everything or almost "play up" being weak. Maybe not annoying so much as just unattractive.
    I thought about bringing this up in the "what attracts and repels you" thread, and figured it could relate to Se-PoLr though I'm not sure I could say that the person I have it mind is EII (definitely not LII). The playing up being weak and acting as such consistently though I also find unattractive. I had a female friend like this and just...ugh.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi-Polr followed by Fe-Polr most noticeable for me. Least noticeable would be Ni-Polr followed by Ne-Polr, though still noticeable, it just takes longer for me to realize it compared to the others.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti-PoLR is the easiest for me to spot.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

it's possibly to distinguish directly what functions are strong/weak, valued/nonvalued. but it's doubtful more
    also the weakest functions are suggestive/role

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing up being weak looks more Se seeking than Se polr.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me the PoLR looks like something that is extremely devalued and guarded, typically not at all something people happily admit being weak at because they prefer to skip it completely (useless stuff!) instead of receiving help in using it (why should I do this, it is bad!) themselves.
    Se, Ti, Te and Fe PoLRs tend to be the the easiest to see.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Online Ti PoLR
    In real life Se PoLR & Fe PoLR

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    I thought about bringing this up in the "what attracts and repels you" thread, and figured it could relate to Se-PoLr though I'm not sure I could say that the person I have it mind is EII (definitely not LII). The playing up being weak and acting as such consistently though I also find unattractive. I had a female friend like this and just...ugh.
    I would say it correlates with Se-POLR, but there could definitely be other factors. I think with Se-POLR it typically manifests as a hunched-over, looking at the floor, deer-in-the-headlights look. Not that ALL Se-POLRs look like that, but there does seem to be a trend.
    Last edited by mightylizard; 05-08-2020 at 03:20 AM.

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kernel View Post
    Playing up being weak looks more Se seeking than Se polr.
    Maybe psychologically but not physically. A lot of Se-POLRs are capable of looking "psychologically strong" (maybe gritty is a better word) but they still typically look weak physically and will play this up (hunched over, arms crossed, have more of a tendency to dress in more muted colours, shuffle their feet). An LII-Ti woman I know: one look and you can tell that she is zero bullshit and strong willed, but that doesn't change the fact that it is also painfully obvious that she wouldn't have a clue how to respond if someone got physical with her.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe psychologically but not physically. A lot of Se-POLRs are capable of looking "psychologically strong" (maybe gritty is a better word) but they still typically look weak physically and will play this up (hunched over, arms crossed, have more of a tendency to dress in more muted colours, shuffle their feet). An LII-Ti woman I know: one look and you can tell that she is zero bullshit and strong willed, but that doesn't change the fact that it is also painfully obvious that she wouldn't have a clue how to respond if someone got physical with her.
    I think those characteristics of Se polr you mentioned can be true but I also meant physically; I know one IEI who is strong, like if we both had a fight, she would win easily. But people (especially Se ego) think she is weak and frail because of the way she moves, the way she speaks in a low voice (just around strangers tho lol)...etc. And this is what I consider playing up being weak. I didn't have this same impression from the few xIIs I've met, I would say they're more reserved maybe.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The woman I have in mind was like that both physically and psychologically. I thought about it and I don't think it was just Se-seeking because she was like that with everyone across the board it seemed.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think those characteristics of Se polr you mentioned can be true but I also meant physically; I know one IEI who is strong, like if we both had a fight, she would win easily. But people (especially Se ego) think she is weak and frail because of the way she moves, the way she speaks in a low voice (just around strangers tho lol)...etc. And this is what I consider playing up being weak. I didn't have this same impression from the few xIIs I've met, I would say they're more reserved maybe.
    Hmm this does make sense though. I sensed and I think kind of got a glimmer a couple of times of another side to this woman and it did seem like she was "playing up" the weakness in a lot of settings. She did act extremely frail and speak extremely softly. I had asked her partner about this at one point, who was also my friend and he told me she did it for attention... I highly doubt in IEI for her though, or ILI, she seemed very Si to me.

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe, Se, Te

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough: Se-Suggestive can look physically weak as well. Perhaps the difference more specifically is how they respond to Se-heavy situations and people in terms of their weakness.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's easier to assess the dimentionality of one's function than its placement in the stack of functions. It means that I can mix Fe PoLR and Fe Suggestive up but I can easily notice that it is one-dimentional (or something close to that, since I don't think of dimentionality as being too rigid yet)
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 05-12-2020 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Story of Ne-PoLR:

Back some time when I was a kid I was hungry.

I went to the kitchen and found a box of cereal.

I tried to open the plastic thing in the box I couldn't.... I tried for the longest time and I struggled and I couldn't figure it out.

To me, I could see no potential ways to open this box of cereal. (Ne-PoLR)

Out of frustration, I just punched a hole through the box.

I poured the cereal outta the hole I created.

Later that day, by brother (IEI) discovered the box of cereal with a giant hole punched through it.
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 06-25-2020 at 04:41 AM.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onfireee View Post
    Story of Ne-PoLR:

Back some time when I was a kid I was hungry.

I went to the kitchen and found a box of cereal.

I tried to open the plastic thing in the box I couldn't.... I tried for the longest time and I struggled and I couldn't figure it out.

To me, I could see no potential ways to open this box of cereal. (Ne-PoLR)

Out of frustration, I just punched a hole through the box.

I poured the cereal outta the hole I created.

Later that day, by brother (IEI) discovered the box of cereal with a giant hole punched through it.
    Ne-PolR:

... and so Grug smashed his face against the square peg until it finally fit the round hole.
    Last edited by SGF; 06-25-2020 at 09:12 AM.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    Hahaha your tactlessness is kinda ironic in this thread. You just Fi-Polred yourself.
    Honestly, any polr is kinda shit.

Attachment 16226
    I was laughing all the way making that post lol. A bit of cheeky fun tbh. I know onfiree can handle it.
    Yeah I'm tactless I get that a lot :/.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Se PoLR would see the package and not get it open but instead of punching he/she would get another package open it and say "At least a solution exists" and leave it alone.

I could mentally masturbate more about this problem but I rather leave you out because Fi PoLR while I enjoy myself.

An engineer is working at his desk in his office. His cigarette falls off the desk into the wastebasket, causing the papers within to burst into flames. The engineer looks around, sees a fire extinguisher, grabs it, puts out the flames, and goes back to work.
    A physicist is working at his desk in another office and the same thing happens. He looks at the fire, looks at the fire extinguisher, and thinks "Fire requires fuel plus oxygen plus heat. The fire extinguisher will remove both the oxygen and the heat in the wastebasket. Ergo, no fire." He grabs the extinguisher, puts out the flames, and goes back to work.
    A mathematician is working at his desk in another office and the same thing happens. He looks at the fire, looks at the fire extinguisher, and thinks for a minute, says "Ah! A solution exists!" and goes back to work.
    https://users.cs.northwestern.edu/~r...thphyseng.html
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onfireee View Post
    why'd u remove the pic?

i thought it was funny lol
    Which pic?

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ure refinining ur skills, i see

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw, yesterday i think i faced my polr, because at the end of the day i was complaining with everyone i met about the situation that caused me a lot of distress (job wise) and in the end i got very bored at myself too for being such a whine... and yeah, to me the episode was about the abuse of power from a friend whom i would have never expected could do smt like that to me, because from the start i tried to make things easy for him and help him get his own way with my presence, at my own disvantage and at the first best rich opportunity he turned his back to me and basically said "suck on that, business is business", which sux and yeah, i think it's some Se thing

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pirouette View Post
    I was thinking the other day about how often I wish I could replace parts of my body with interchangeable/replaceable and repairable cyborg parts. Dunno if that meme is saying that or not but I still relate
    I've often thought that I'd gladly replace my body with a powerful and immortal cyborg body. I don't think I'd miss anything biological except having sex but I guess that could be solved.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni polr was always easy to spot for me.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it fairly difficult to distinguish between PoLR and Suggestive right away in other people. The only thing I know is that they're weak at that particular function, and this is pretty clear sometimes, especially for 1D Ni.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pirouette View Post
    "Would You Opt For a Cyborg Body?"
    Why does this idea fascinates and disgusts me at the same time? I opt transforming into a cyborg to extend my own lifespan, though.

And the answer to the topic of this thread:
    I guess in real life I can spot Fe PoLR of SLI and ILI best, followed by Se PoLR of EII and LII.

Online probably Te PoLR.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SEE Ti PoLR means incapability to deal with indirect consequences of complex processes. IEE is harder but bit like a simple unseen block test of intricacies.

Te PoLR looks like missing connective logic between action and theory.

Ne PoLR's are funny to make perplexed by obfuscation via alternative.

Se PoLR is like clueless and clumsy transformation between dominatrix and slave states.

Fe PoLR seems to function in its own context.

Maybe Fi PoLR is denial of oneself and others.[I don't exist and neither do you or something]
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 06-26-2020 at 08:59 AM.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

To think of applying force to my daughter causes me great pain. I just handle her with gentleness
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COVID 007 View Post
    Te PoLR looks like missing connective logic between action and theory.
    could you give an example please?

Fe PoLR seems to function in its own context.
    good way of putting it!!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    I wish my mother were a bit like you.. she's ESI-Se and although I am IEI so Se suggestive, she applied entirely the wrong kind of Se (for me), and it hurt me a lot
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    could you give an example please?
    Clueless about why this is so and how to go around it other than confronting it with old methods.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te PoLR can look like absent-mindedness and like living in one own's bubble.

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te POLR is, "omg people are SOOO stupid, they should be doing x and y and z and then everything would be fixed, but please don't make me actually go and make me figure out how x, y, and z is actually suppose to happen because I have no clue ;/"

Know an IEI graduate student. Has a billion and one opinions about science (how it should be done, who should get funded), but has been working in a lab for three years and hasn't gotten a single publication out of it because she never actually does anything. First person to criticize anyone else's work though. That's [unhealthy] Te-POLR/Ti-HA.

Know an SEI - same thing. Has a billion and one opinions about what the government "should" be doing in regards to every topic under the sun, but all he does as soon as he gets home from work is go on reddit and play video games. A lot of the more obnoxious Te-POLRs often get themselves in trouble this way: yelling their opinions about topics so everyone can hear, but then every so often someone says, "okay, perfect, you can figure out how to get that done then." At that point in Te-POLR is up the creek, because they actually don't know how to take their opinion from an opinion to an actual functional reality.

ILE/SLE will also have obnoxious opinions about X, Y, and Z, but at the same time they know that having an opinion about something means zip if you don't actually know how to implement it.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the polrs i feel are most easy to spot for me: se, ne, fi, ti. i feel this fits with my ip temperament. do you lack things that can help me be an extrovert? yeah, i see that. do you lack my HA and its underworld equivalent? yeah i see that. it's all about ME. sorry that i am the center of my socionics universe but there it is. let me pretend.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234