Thread: Question for EIEs-ENFjs: how well do you relate to this list of "typical beliefs"?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Question for EIEs-ENFjs: how well do you relate to this list of "typical beliefs"?

How well do you relate to the "typical beliefs" listed in the main site?

I am fully responsible for myself and others.
    I have to depend on myself to see that things get done.
    Others tend to be too casual, often irresponsible, self-indulgent, or incompetent.
    It is important to do a perfect job on everything.
    I need order, systems, and rules in order to get the job done properly.
    If I don't have systems, everything will fall apart.
    Any flaw or defect of performance may lead to a catastrophe.
    It is necessary to stick to the highest standards at all times, or things will fall apart.
    I need to be in complete control of my emotions.
    People should do things my way.
    If I don't perform at the highest level, I will fail.
    Flaws, defects, or mistakes are intolerable.
    Details are extremely important.
    My way of doing things is generally the best way
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-pokeball

Sounds obsessive-compulsive haha. Im not much for the generalized descriptions tho.

I need to be in complete control of my emotions.

I have to depend on myself to see that things get done.

--would be strongest for me. The rest are "eh."

Creepy-

As far as emotions: I USED to have to be in control of them 24/7. If someone knew how I was feeling, I considered it a weakness. But now, I am learning to let go...and show ALL of me- even if it means I'm vulnerable....it feels REALLY good!!! )

Creepy-ChristiRB

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    As far as emotions: I USED to have to be in control of them 24/7. If someone knew how I was feeling, I considered it a weakness. But now, I am learning to let go...and show ALL of me- even if it means I'm vulnerable....it feels REALLY good!!! )
    Uuuugh! Forgot to sign in again!

Creepy-pokeball

It was quite liberating when I learned how to but the difficulty was and still is there since Im of the other gender and that "attitude" isnt well liked or accepted as well in comparison to the "fairer gender" haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is offtopic, but I realized that Frank Sinatra might have been ENFj.
    Semiotical process

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Question for ENFjs

I am reviving this ancient thread. Back when it was started there weren't that many people to reply. I found it interesting and worth a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    How well do you relate to the "typical beliefs" listed in the main site?

I'm gonna comment within the quote:
    I am fully responsible for myself and others. (depends)
    I have to depend on myself to see that things get done. (I often agree. Or at least when something didn't get done, I blame myself.)
    Others tend to be too casual, often irresponsible, self-indulgent, or incompetent. (yes. That's why I find it difficult to get along with even my activity partner ESTp)
    It is important to do a perfect job on everything. (unfortunately yes. Very much so.)
    I need order, systems, and rules in order to get the job done properly. (yes. I rarely "just do" anything. I have to know why and what I will be doing and in what order)
    If I don't have systems, everything will fall apart. (yes. But it does! Really.)
    Any flaw or defect of performance may lead to a catastrophe. (yes! But it's true!)
    It is necessary to stick to the highest standards at all times, or things will fall apart. (yes, because usually when the greatest plans fail, it's because someone at the bottom didn't do their job properly.)
    I need to be in complete control of my emotions. (well... depends!)
    People should do things my way. (yes, but only if I'm sure that my way is the best way. Very often it is.)
    If I don't perform at the highest level, I will fail. (depends)
    Flaws, defects, or mistakes are intolerable. (yes, I HATE it when someone does a sloppy job)
    Details are extremely important. (yes, well details are only what the complete thing is made of.)
    My way of doing things is generally the best way. (Yes, often true)
    So is this typical of ENFjs? I'm not sure, but when you read it, you can probably see why I had mistaken myself for an INTj.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with all of the statements... at the moment.

They're overgeneralized, I believe.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu
    I agree with all of the statements... at the moment.

They're overgeneralized, I believe.
    yes.
    That being said, I don't think any xxxp would agree with the list. Also, I think it's the kind of attitude one wouldn't expect from ENFjs because ENFjs are seen to be the fearless leaders and the commanders of masses. Who would actually think that they just want order and structure and that doing anything takes a lot more time than it does for other people, because everything has to be perfect to the last detail.

ENFjs might accomplish a lot of things, but I'm sure almost every ENFj out there keeps thinking of the little things they failed and these things are used as an excuse not to be able to enjoy the other things that were accomplished.

"Anyone could have done it if they just were persistent. It just proves that I kept trying but it doesn't show that I would have any talent." - that could be the typical ENFj thing to say IMO. Or something like this: "I might have won the war, but remember the battle that I lost? I showed that I don't even deserve to win the war!"
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I wouldn't have asked that question today. When I posted that, I was still taking too seriously the Socionics - Oldham correlation put together by Jimmy.

Now I'd say that that list is better seen as a description of rationality and > preference, rather than being typical of ENFjs.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!