Thread: Machintruc's model phi subtypes

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    What, like half of your foundations are?
    None of my claims is absurd, and all of them are perfectly consistent with Socionics theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Phaedrus, this isn't even an argument. You've simply made two statements and put in a connective for good measure.
    You and I agree that some of machintruc's statements are absurd and obviously false. And even someone with your intelligence should realize that it is a very strong argument to point out that a logical consequence of a theory is false, because that falsifies the entire theory.

An example of an obviously false statement is that a sensory type (such as the SEI) could be a 4, as you have pointed out yourself before.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    An example of an obviously false statement is that a sensory type (such as the SEI) could be a 4, as you have pointed out yourself before.
    Why not?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Why not?
    Because it is obvious that every 4 must have intuition in the ego block. Read the Enneagram type descriptions, it's all there in plain view to see.

Creepy-Cyclops

Because it is obvious that every 4 must have intuition in the ego block. Read the Enneagram type descriptions, it's all there in plain view to see.
    I am skeptical about drawing too many correlations between ennegram and socionics. This is because they are two seperate systems with seperate origins. I've seen many people with the same type and different ennegram results, and it looks like ennegram is more personality based, whereas socionics is psychologically based. Herein lies the danger of merging them. However if you would care to toss me the link your referring to then I will peruse it further.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am skeptical about drawing too many correlations between ennegram and socionics. This is because they are two seperate systems with seperate origins.
    That argument is totally invalid because it bears no relevance to what we are talking about. So what if the systems are separate and have separate origins? Every system has some correlation to every other system -- especially if they are modeling the same area of reality. The correlations betwenn the Enneagram and Socioncs are obvious and indisputable.

I've seen many people with the same type and different ennegram results
    I doubt it. But you probably believe that you have.

Creepy-Cyclops

That argument is totally invalid because it bears no relevance to what we are talking about. So what if the systems are separate and have separate origins? Every system has some correlation to every other system -- especially if they are modeling the same area of reality. The correlations betwenn the Enneagram and Socioncs are obvious and indisputable.

I doubt it. But you probably believe that you have.
    What is your favourite link?

Are you Prometheus from socionic.com?
    Last edited by Cyclops; 02-06-2008 at 10:41 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does physiological parameters medically mean?
    It means measuring levels of neurotransmitters in medical means.

1. Socionic Intuition is not Myersian Intuition.
    2. Enneagram descriptions are politically correct and retarded, like myersian descriptions. They tell what most psychologists would like to here.
    3. If you encounter a moody SEI (i.e. with a low serotonin level), would you type him Six or Eight then ?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of my claims is absurd, and all of them are perfectly consistent with Socionics theory.
    They're not absurd, but many are inconsistent with socionics.

You and I agree that some of machintruc's statements are absurd and obviously false. And even someone with your intelligence should realize that it is a very strong argument to point out that a logical consequence of a theory is false, because that falsifies the entire theory.
    No. You can't say that. machintruc doesn't state logical consequents; he merely puts statements together. Hence, all you can do is point out which are wrong and which are right. Otherwise you're just being illogical: "x is wrong because y is wrong" (even if x and y are disconnected).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you Prometheus from socionic.com?
    How would that be possible? You are talking about two seperate websites with seperate origins and two separate usernames here. So how can you suggest that I might be correlated with that guy? Is it because both our names start with a "P" and ends with an "us"?