Thread: ENTps at handywork, are you handy?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENTps at handywork, are you handy?

Particularly the females...

Are you handy around the house (electrical wiring, drywalling, fixing appliances), can/do you change your own oil in your car, etc?

Yesterday I was inspecting a commercial building and these two people stopped me as I walked past with the tool box (and wearing my tool belt) to ask me if I enjoy using tools and working on projects around the house. I do! I'm still learning how to do a lot of it... but I really enjoy it.

They said that they were asking because I looked almost exactly like one of their sister in laws. Apparently she has similar facial features, expression, build, speech, and style of dress to me, and she's very handy around the house. Of course, being the forum geek that I am, I instantly thought of how this may relate to VI...
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pretty handy. I can change car batteries, oil, tires, etc. Around the house I am pretty good with tools, handling electronics, troubleshooting, cooking, cleaning, organizing. At work I can do all bagger jobs, cashier, stock, run the front door, run most of the produce department, wax and strip floors (and mix chemicals), clean and do pretty much all janitorial duties. I get bored in one position for too long, lol.

I keep my computer free of all unecessary background applications, spyware, faulty registry entries, programs, and my OS is tweak into hell for speed.

So yeah, I am pretty much a jack-of-all-trades.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it pretty easy to pick up any new sort of skill, as long as it doesn't require intense concentration or too much effort

I can definitely identify with the computer thing. I always try to keep mine running smoothly (although at the moment my vigilance has waned...)
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Skill

ttt
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can be handy if I put my mind to it . . . but the hater of details in me usually wants to get somebody else to do it.

Like DJ, I get bored doing one thing and have to change jobs every three years or so. I also have to have a job where I have a lot of freedom from micromanagement and a lot of latitude for creativity.