Thread: Throwing out Transigent's type

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Throwing out Transigent's type

Because we all care so much about the type of some random stranger on the internet...

I think all signs undeniably point to INTp. I mean, think about it. Transigent has been so confused and bogged down about the details of each type, that he has kicked up enough dust to blind and choke even the most astute of us. This can only point to the pedantry of the INTp. He's just too smart for his own good.

Anyone dare to challenge my conclusion?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember that thread. That's why I created this thread, in protest.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

still trying to increase your own greatness by proxy cone?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i've come across some transigient-esque types.

you don't strike me as entp at all personally. agreed, you'd give the intps a better reputation around here. (;
    Bitch!

Yes I agree. I think our boy is INTp.

(I want one of these threads by the way! Someone told me that I was faking INTp today. I’m elated. There is a glimmer of hope)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're right Cone. I used to think that he was IEI based off of the fact that he seems to not see Te in himself as a strong function. I think the problem was a misunderstanding of what the Te function actually is, and classical socioncs seems to put a too narrow view on it (which leads to problems). I am also pretty sure that he is Ni dominant, so, yes, I think he is an ILI.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More reasons why Transigent is INTp:

--He was really shy as a kid and probably still is.
    --He just HAS to disagree with you.
    --He's nowhere near as lovable as an INFp.
    --My mother doesn't think he's INFp.
    --He's too smart for his own good.
    --He reminds me of me for some reason.
    --Because I said so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always took transigent for an ENTp although at one point I think called him an ENFp just to get on his nerves. I used to be too afraid to buy milk when I was a little kid, so i don't think shyness or quietness as a child has alot to do with introversion necessarily.

Often times I can write in Ni mode, where i imagine a stream of events which are attached to my internal "surge" if that makes any sense. I don't think that the way a person writes necessarily is proof of their type- i think it can switch. But typically I get an Ne impression from his writing. He seems to pull from alot of different places in order to present his arguments in a level way.

I get an inflated ego impression from transigent, which he has admitted to before. That's more of an extravert thing. Maybe it might be good to know how old he is. I don't know where it was and I could be wrong but didn't Gulenko hypothesize that we start to act like our semi-duals as we get older? could be a reason for the confusion, could not.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp is a possibility, but I think Transigent has stated that he was alot more shy than just being afraid to get milk at the store. You could try and deny any typing by levels of shyness, but whether Socionics defines introversion by shyness or not, our tests still do (well, except Hugo's.)

I am measuring writing style by looking at certain idiosyncracies in how he speaks and argues, not how he processes information. You can't ever say that only an ENTp draws from many different viewpoints, because very little types ever write enough to actually gain an accurate measurement. Where it may be possible to differentiate between an ENTp and an INFp using this method, it becomes impossible between an ENTp and an ESFp, ESTp, or even ISFj, quite simply because these types are not prone to long, theoretical discussions or heavy argumentation. What may be better is to compare writing styles on the surface instead of trying to guess at underlying motives. For example, it can be shown that type groups write in certain manners based on factors like using many facts, using speculations, and mixes between the two. But then again, age and education will often play a role here too. All I know about Transigent is that he is a college graduate.

As for the inflated ego, does it not seem that Transigent often tries to hide this? He seems quite modest to me.

As for finding his type, I think it would be good to compare his reported behaviors to the reported behaviors of our fellow ENTps. Our ENTps seem to follow an obvious pattern that Transigent just seems too backward and cautious to follow, which is another reason I am opting for INTp.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waddles
    I always took transigent for an ENTp although at one point I think called him an ENFp just to get on his nerves. I used to be too afraid to buy milk when I was a little kid, so i don't think shyness or quietness as a child has alot to do with introversion necessarily.

Often times I can write in Ni mode, where i imagine a stream of events which are attached to my internal "surge" if that makes any sense. I don't think that the way a person writes necessarily is proof of their type- i think it can switch. But typically I get an Ne impression from his writing. He seems to pull from alot of different places in order to present his arguments in a level way.

I get an inflated ego impression from transigent, which he has admitted to before. That's more of an extravert thing. Maybe it might be good to know how old he is. I don't know where it was and I could be wrong but didn't Gulenko hypothesize that we start to act like our semi-duals as we get older? could be a reason for the confusion, could not.
    I think I agree with this. I, too, typed Transigent as an enfp at one point; I wasn't joking though since he seemed more tactful than a typical entp. But it may just be that our friend is in his late thirties or forties; this could account for increased tactfulness. As entp's mature, they start to realize the hopelessness of a lack of tact and try to get better at it.

He doesn't tell us a lot about himself . . . only what he thinks. :wink:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you go by the hidden agenda, ENFps and INTps can confuse themselves with oneanother ...

Creepy-Diana