Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Big Bang Theory

Default The Big Bang Theory

There is a relatively new sit-com called The Big Bang Theory.
    I'm too lazy to explain anything about it. Therefore, if you haven't heard of it, look it up on the internet.

Anyways, for those who are familiar with the show, what do you think the types of all the characters are?
    Classical socionics: (), ILI-Ni
    Dual-type theory: INTp-ENTp

5w6 sp/sx
    MBTI: INTJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm

Sheldon - ILI
    Leonard - LII
    Penny - ESE
    ???

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MOP View Post
    I love this show I can relate to every character which is the first show ever that I can say that for. I feel like they are my people.
    I always wish that I had Penny's apartment....and I was the queen of the nerds :]

Sheldon is amazing.

I think there is a thread for this somewheres though...
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Sheldon - ILE exaggerated a bit
    Leonard - LII
    Penny - ESE

It's not a full quadrable because they probably won't give Sheldon a relationship, if they do it will be like his mom.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huginn View Post
    He has a sunny outlook and is fairly openly emotional. He has a very natural sense of social navigation and is actually pretty socially adept for a "nerd". He thinks about it relationships in an "ethical" way rather than a "logical" way (compare to Sheldon and Leslie Winkle, for example).

When he was a kid he invented a machine for hugs, come on.
    Fi-role function fits a lot more then Fe-ego.

If you've ever met a real ESE, they're not the tame mousy Leonard type. These are ostentatious, loud, explosive and impressive type, that shout and command without restraint.

Someone like Rachel Ray is more akin to a ESE then Leonard could hope to be.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Fi-role function fits a lot more then Fe-ego.

If you've ever met a real ESE, they're not the tame mousy Leonard type. These are ostentatious, loud, explosive and impressive type, that shout and command without restraint.

Someone like Rachel Ray is more akin to a ESE then Leonard could hope to be.
    Wrong, ESE are not like this. Fe doesn't mean you're loud.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Wrong, ESE are not like this. Fe doesn't mean you're loud.
    A type with Fe 1st function and Se 8th function is not going to be quiet either.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

A type with Fe 1st function and Se 8th function is not going to be quiet either.
    Wrong again. Fe doesn't mean voice;
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sensor... Feeler... Extravert... Situational, maybe, but not a bad correlation.

Please don't accuse us of having one-word definitions for the elements; we've been over this so many times that it's tiresome.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Sensor... Feeler... Extravert... Situational, maybe, but not a bad correlation.

Please don't accuse us of having one-word definitions for the elements; we've been over this so many times that it's tiresome.
    ESE can scream (oh an S correct my spelling already) and shout at their worst and so can any other type, SEE are more likely to be loud and about in public.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-02-2010 at 04:57 PM.
    -

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ESE is a type called the Bonvivant....

This does not invoke the image of Leonard from Big Bang Theory.

Were a writer to write a ESE for a comedy show, it would be Penny, not Leonard!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESE is a type called the Bonvivant....

This does not invoke the image of Leonard from Big Bang Theory.

Were a writer to write a ESE for a comedy show, it would be Penny, not Leonard!
    Answer my questions as it relates to ILE in that thread please thank you.
    -

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Answer my questions as it relates to ILE in that thread please thank you.
    Sorry.... NO! Discussion = Over.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sorry.... NO! Discussion = Over.
    Why? Do you know that ILE don't get intimidated; the more intimidated the more resiliant they become, they are real fighters, it doesn't seem to be your interest.

What was the last thing you did hands on like painted or draw or something hands on?

ESTj and maybe still ISTp because they don't like confrontation. You are pretending to be someone that you are not is unhealthy for you.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-02-2010 at 05:41 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Last year you wrote this stuff about you...so who or what are you? I am done with you, VI and we'll find out your true colors.

I just told you that they are not ambitious and you told me in the ILE thread that you were not ambitious and then you were? CONTRADICTIONS.

I think ILE are one of the most ambitious of all types, but our ambitions are that of aliens. We want and dream bigger. Not neccessarily power or money but grander unknown ones. Yet power and money are the chains of the world and these are obstacles not to be ignored.

ILE want to do something unique and astonishing, but often there is no clear path or road because none have dared tread. Consequently, the old paths are hard for ILE's to go down and we are afraid of simple things others achieve so easily.

ILE's are the seekers, this should tell you something.

I would like to value all my functions equally.

08/03/09

As far as ILE's and their ambition, ILE are often high achievement types because of their personal charm, intellect and ability to evaluate potential. It's just that power and wealth are typically secondary concerns.

08/03/09

But you are making direct attacks on me. Stop using verbalization with "You/Your" etc and accusing me of twisting words. Because these are all going to make me think you are attacking me.

08/03/09

If you think I do not work hard for my goals, you're wrong, the difference may be I appear to be not working hard for anyone else. It's just there's no blueprint for success that is out there for me to follow. I'm not twisting any words, you just don't understand. My ambitions are alien to others, because they concern the unknown, which I do not even know.

Anyways, I have already made many achievements due to my work for others, but what does those mean? Nothing!
    -

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Why? Do you know that ILE don't get intimidated; the more intimidated the more resiliant they become, they are real fighters, it doesn't seem to be your interest.

What was the last thing you did hands on like painted or draw or something hands on?

ESTj because they don't like confrontation. You are pretending to be someone that you are not is unhealthy for you.
    Am I fighting you... or am I not fighting you...

I won't answer your meaningless questions because you've already reached a conclusion about me which you've latched onto. And I thought I was SLI?

Think of it this way... what I've done is no more then to push you away with my words.

Here... I'll toss a proverbial glass of cold water on your head.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Am I fighting you... or am I not fighting you...

I won't answer your meaningless questions because you've already reached a conclusion about me which you've latched onto. And I thought I was SLI?

Think of it this way... what I've done is no more then to push you away with my words.

Here... I'll toss a proverbial glass of cold water on your head.

FAKER
    You can't change, mask, hide your character, you can temporarily but it will all be a LIE
    -

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FAKER
    You can't change, mask, hide your character, you can temporarily but it will all be a LIE
    So you think hhkmr is a LIE now?
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VixenDogFox View Post
    I have to agree that ESE's are not Rachel Ray-esque... why do you think I thought I was SEI forever?
    Why not? Rachel Ray is a good example of a ESE-Fe.

Look at what some others think of a ESE.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...ale_and_female

Quote Originally Posted by ESE Woman
    As a girl, HUGO is imposing, with a well managed, strong figure and a splendid carriage (In the "manner of carrying oneself" sense). In her, there is an inherent specialty to achieve and confident motions. It is not surprising that men frequently accompany this girl with stares.

Facial features in the women of this type are clear, bright eyes and emotions that are very definitely expressed, which also makes them stand apart from other girls.

In HUGO, a special power lies in engineering - she is brisk, merry, energetic, mechanical. She speaks loudly, energetically. Resourceful during flirtation, after the word into the pocket does not climb (unsure but either does not require vocal reciprocation or is not what is commonly known as a gold-digger), she is a mocking, merry woman. She knows how much she is worth and she can stand up for herself.
    Or here...

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...e=ESE_subtypes

Quote Originally Posted by Fe subtype
    Very expressive, it is difficult to withstand their emotional pressure. Possess high fitness for work; however, their uncontrollable feelings prevent their work from realizing its potential. Very scattered; jumps from one thing to another. Straightforward, not average, Are characterized by their explosive choleric temperament. Outwardly – has a desire to draw the attention of the opposite sex by bright clothing, which presents an element of demonstrativeness.
    I've met quieter ESE-Si's but they're only meek and quiet relative to their Fe counterparts.. and in their actions display physical vigor and energy.

Leonard is kinda of weak...
    Last edited by mu4; 03-03-2010 at 02:29 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leonard could be SEI... Penny could be ILE... she seems irrational. Remember when Sheldon freaked out and cleaned her room?
    Leonard usually acts as a voice of common sense and softens Sheldon's harsh logic... he's also very nice and has a hard time sticking up for himself.

Penny might have a blind spot for Fi because she never notices Leonard's advances (at least in the episodes I've seen)

edit: Also, Penny and Sheldon seem to conflict more often than not, she never reacts positively to him and his bizarre logic. I think their conflicts are more characteristic of Ep-Ij than they are of Ej-Ip
    Last edited by electric sheep; 03-03-2010 at 07:35 PM.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    Leonard could be SEI... Penny could be ILE... she seems irrational. Remember when Sheldon freaked out and cleaned her room?
    Leonard usually acts as a voice of common sense and softens Sheldon's harsh logic... he's also very nice and has a hard time sticking up for himself.

Penny might have a blind spot for Fi because she never notices Leonard's advances (at least in the episodes I've seen)

edit: Also, Penny and Sheldon seem to conflict more often than not, she never reacts positively to him and his bizarre logic. I think their conflicts are more characteristic of Ep-Ij than they are of Ej-Ip
    Penny isn't irrational, she's emotional and acts on emotion. And rational vs irrational has not much to do with cleanliness or neatness. LSE's are often quite filthy while IEI and ILE are sometimes neurotically clean.

And what is important about why Penny and Sheldon have a relationship, and they do have a relationship is that they actually care about each other outside all the differences they have in world view.

Penny takes care of Sheldon when he's sick and Sheldon helps her out when she needs financial care. Penny takes the role of caregiver with Sheldon, a role only Sheldon's mom takes otherwise. Also Penny is the only character on the whole show that Sheldon has hugged or initiated any physical contact. Their conflicts are unimportant as far as they do not create psychological distance or disconnect, rather they've become psychologically close and dependent on each other.

As far as Leonard being SEI, he has weak Se.

SEI are quietly assertive people, they have strong Se even if it's the ignoring function.

Sheldon is a easy typing. He has extremely weak Si and Fi.

There are only two types like this and that's LIE and ILE, but although he applies strict logic to everything, he is somewhat crazy because his intuition drives the variables of his logic. This characterize why ILE use pure reason but can often make startling and insightful conclusions because their base intuition drives their logic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I guess it depends on which traits you focus on. I think Sheldon has a big stick up his ass, so ultimately I think he is Ij. He has weak Si, but he has to have everything a certain way, he's very proper, and he's very awkward in that he's too stiff and can't relax. Do you think an ILE would freak out if someone else's room was dirty? I agree that he has weak Fi and Si, but he has a very obsessive way of dealing with them and it's one of the funnier things about him. Fi role and Si HA make more sense.

Leonard, while he's a bit of a wimp, that's not uncommon for SEIs. That still doesn't take away from my point earlier:
    Also, he's very diplomatic and helps Sheldon out socially. Sheldon would make a gaffe and Leonard smooths things over. Even if Sheldon is ILE, wouldn't it make more sense for an SEI to serve in that capacity? He acts as a mediator.

It's not uncommon for SEIs to not stick up for themselves, and it's not because they have weak Se. Other things get in the way.

Penny... yea she's probably ESE.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    Well I guess it depends on which traits you focus on. I think Sheldon has a big stick up his ass, so ultimately I think he is Ij. He has weak Si, but he has to have everything a certain way, he's very proper, and he's very awkward in that he's too stiff and can't relax. Do you think an ILE would freak out if someone else's room was dirty? I agree that he has weak Fi and Si, but he has a very obsessive way of dealing with them and it's one of the funnier things about him. Fi role and Si HA make more sense.

Leonard, while he's a bit of a wimp, that's not uncommon for SEIs. That still doesn't take away from my point earlier:

Also, he's very diplomatic and helps Sheldon out socially. Sheldon would make a gaffe and Leonard smooths things over. Even if Sheldon is ILE, wouldn't it make more sense for an SEI to serve in that capacity? He acts as a mediator.

It's not uncommon for SEIs to not stick up for themselves, and it's not because they have weak Se. Other things get in the way.

Penny... yea she's probably ESE.
    I think some of Sheldon's wierder attributes might have been modeled after Nicolai Tesla amongst various others. And Nicola Tesla was celibate, a hypochondriac, lived in a hotel room which he cleaned personally rather then let a cleaning service enter.

As far as Sheldon's specific behaviors, some of the behavior and writing is made so that he and Penny will enter into conflict and actually communicate, because often in real life, two people such as these would likely not talk to each other because of preconceived liked and dislikes.

Leonard is the straight man to Sheldon's weirdness and Penny is sort of the girl that grounds these two guys into understandable reality. She contrasts them and is sort of the girl next door for these two decidedly strange fellows.

Sheldon's extravagance and he is extravagant and behavior are far more outward then inward. He's also far less meek and wimpy personality wise then Leonard despite his frail constitution.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, people, the group consensus is:
    Penny: ESE
    Sheldon: ???
    Leonard: ???
    Raj: ???
    Howard: ???

We need more input!

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I wonder if Amy Farrah Fowler is my Dual
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My impressions of the characters:

Penny. I am drawn to her/see her as the interesting, hot one. I like that she's shown as capable in ways and confident in ways in which the boys are not. I want Sheldon, with whose weirdness and difficulty relating to some people I identify, to be with her in some 'intuitive introvert gets practical extrovert to the surprise of all' scenario.

Leonard. This character annoys me like no other. He's like Uriah Heep + a sex offender I used to know. He doesn't seem to know himself or have confidence. He seems to lack a cause-and-effect/global/objectively noble view. He whines. I only sometimes sympathize with him...when Sheldon's behaviors are incredibly selfish and evil.

Raj seems like an INTj or other alpha to me. Pleasant moments of interaction but different code of behavior ethics and not much to interest me. He'd be my 'theories friend'.

Wolowitz. He's one of those people I would see as socially off-putting to people, but with whom I might make some effort because I might have the chance to get a mind buddy out of him eventually.

Sheldon. An ex boyfriend of mine asked me how much Sheldon Cooper I'd been watching. I hadn't been. I later saw the episode that reminded him of me, where Sheldon explains if the roommates decide to remove the back panel, they are breaking their social contract with the warranty providers. He doesn't panic and say they can't; he analyzes it, sees the Fi social contract deal, wants it clearly understood and acknowledged in a Te manner that they would be violating the contract, and agrees to it like an Ni free agent. I think he's often written as an INTp. I can see over time his character as resembling various types. INTp, INFj, ISTp, INTj....

Some might say his rigidity regarding physical and social arrangements is Si-comfort based, but I exhibit slightly similar behavior: I tend to eat the same things at the same places after exhaustive research on and decisions regarding things (which reminds me of his getting his chair in the right place with several factors coming into play in his decision). He is feeling infringed on by people/his own needs, in my guess, and he wants to systematize shit so he can go back to his mind and not be bothered by body processes and social people.
    Last edited by nanashi; 07-21-2011 at 08:37 PM. Reason: forgot to add Wolly

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

In my opinion:

Penny - ESE
    Leonard - LII
    Sheldon - ILE
    Raj - IEE
    Howard - SLI
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always thought that Leonard was some sort of feeler, mainly because he whines so much. He reminds me a lot of some EIE friends, and I also find that it's mainly betas that love this show.

-> Leonard: Beta-NF

Penny is a lot tougher, doesn't seem to value or be good at Fi. She portaits more of the vices that I attribute to Se than Si (like the difference between drinking liquour a lot (Si) and drinking a lot of liquour (Se)).

-> Penny: SLE

What about Sheldon... Well first off he's a very eccentric character so that would make him hard to put in a box. Well I'm not really sure but I think he seems to value Fi>Fe and he's really arrogant (Gamma).

-> Sheldon: LIE (because he do Feck with people)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Penny isn't ESE and Sheldon is LIE socionics is doomed. Seriously guys, get a brain transplat before posting again.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't watched the show in a while but from what I remember, the characters are just generic enough to appeal to both Alpha and Gamma NTs and SFs. Either way, it's pretty funny.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    If Penny isn't ESE and Sheldon is LIE socionics is doomed. Seriously guys, get a brain transplat before posting again.
    Fuck YES!
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    LSE (-Si)/9w1/ENTJ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think SEI for penny, she is pretty lazy and materialistic defiantly an alpha with Si ego, she is super bubbly but I would say IP temperament fits her better than EJ. She reminds me of all my SEI friends.

Sheldon LII or LIE. While Ti would make more sense than Te valuing Se and Fi makes way more sense than Fe and Si. I think I would lean toward LIE simply because EJ fits better than IJ and I would be reluctant to type Sheldon an Alpha.

I think Lenard is a delta, he defiantly values Si and I think Fi over Fe, Te > Ti makes sense being an experimental physicist and I don't really see any Ni in him he is very down to earth without a grand view of the future unlike Sheldon. If I had to type him I would say LSE or SLI.

Can't be bothered going into detail with Raj and Howard but at a guess I would say IEI and LSI or SLE respectively.

Penny - SEI
    Sheldon - LIE
    Lenard - Delta ST
    Raj - IEI
    Howard - Beta ST

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moredhel View Post
    I think SEI for penny, she is pretty lazy and materialistic defiantly an alpha with Si ego, she is super bubbly but I would say IP temperament fits her better than EJ. She reminds me of all my SEI friends.
    Penny is far too high-strung for an IP. Alpha SF is about obvious, though.

ESE.

Sheldon LII or LIE. While Ti would make more sense than Te valuing Se and Fi makes way more sense than Fe and Si. I think I would lean toward LIE simply because EJ fits better than IJ and I would be reluctant to type Sheldon an Alpha.
    Ti fits and Se fits, so he's...Gamma. The fuck?

I think Lenard is a delta, he defiantly values Si and I think Fi over Fe, Te > Ti makes sense being an experimental physicist and I don't really see any Ni in him he is very down to earth without a grand view of the future unlike Sheldon.
    I'm not seeing the Fi-valuation, frankly. At best, Leonard appears to have a put-on politeness typical of LxI, but he does have moments of complete social retardation that look like Fi-PoLR. He seems Alpha NT to me.

Can't be bothered going into detail with Raj and Howard but at a guess I would say IEI and LSI or SLE respectively.
    Howard Beta ST? Hornivore Leisure Suit Larry, Si-devaluing? Dude.

In fact, how is either of those valuing?
    Last edited by Aleksei; 07-29-2011 at 08:13 AM.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Penny - ESE
    Leonard - LII
    Sheldon - ILE
    Raj - IEE
    Howard - SLI
    I agree with this set of typings. I would've said ILI for Sheldon, but ILE is probably more likely.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    LSE (-Si)/9w1/ENTJ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Penny is far too high-strung for an IP. Alpha SF is about obvious, though.

ESE.
    Have you dated an SEI? they are high strung as fuck they simply have periods of low energy as well..just like penny . ESE is more consistent and rational.

Ti fits and Se fits, so he's...Gamma. The fuck?
    I said Ti fit's better than Te but since he is a fictional character I think him valuing Se and Fi is more prominent and therefore he gets to be gamma. Sheldon seems like a freak experiment of putting Ti and Ni together in an ego.

I'm not seeing the Fi-valuation, frankly. At best, Leonard appears to have a put-on politeness typical of LxI, but he does have moments of complete social retardation that look like Fi-PoLR. He seems Alpha NT to me.
    Wouldn't social retardation better describe an Fe PolR? I think he has the awkward politeness of a Delta St he's not crazy enough to be an ILE and I think he's too grounded to have an intuitive ego, plus Te seem stronger in him than Ti.

Howard Beta ST? Hornivore Leisure Suit Larry, Si-devaluing? Dude.
    How can you not see Se in Howard O_o he's basically a sexual predator. Definite aggressor. As for Raj I think Se seeking fits well as does an IP temperament, he's basically asking to get paddled by a big strong beta aggressor.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moredhel View Post
    Have you dated an SEI?
    In high school -- and I have a close SEI friend (respectively, SEI-ESE and SEI-SLE). I don't remember them being high-strung in any way -- they were both just epically lazy. What you just described is either an EP, or an irrational-subtype EJ.

I said Ti fit's better than Te but since he is a fictional character I think him valuing Se and Fi is more prominent and therefore he gets to be gamma.
    I don't see the Fi, in any way, whatso-bloody-ever. My personal typing of him is LSI, but I've actually considered SLE, based on just how much he is not aware of nor cares for Fi.

Wouldn't social retardation better describe an Fe PolR?
    No. Fe-PoLR describes a lack of tolerance for emotional expression, and for behavior that'd be personally offensive to people (or to a particular person) in favor of maintaining a given mood -- Fi-valuing types prefer politesse.

The individual tries hard to never let himself "come apart at the seams" emotionally or even let out strong feelings publicly, because displays of passion do not come naturally and make him feel self-consciousness and vulnerable to painful criticism. This makes the individual generally seem emotionally neutral and politely indifferent to excitement and agitation around him. The individual deeply dislikes attempts by others to get him to "cheer up" or "join the fun", especially in the context of group activities with loud emotional expression.
    More to the point:

SLIs see no reason to get worked up about things. They tend to condemn people who do not control their emotional displays and "fly off the handle." They believe that people should think first about the effect their words and emotions will have on other people rather than just spilling out negative or potentially hurtful feelings as they feel like it. If someone has chewed them out in an emotional way just once, they tend to hold this incident against the person for years. To them such behavior is unnecessarily demeaning and malicious.
    How can you not see Se in Howard O_o he's basically a sexual predator.
    Se-egos aren't typically sexual predators, as Se-egos are not particularly interested in sex (the one Se-ego we both know notwithstanding). as a libidinous attitude is, in essence, related to immersion into sensory delights, it is something that's most appealing to Si-valuing types. In fact, my experience in particularly with female Se-egos is that they're more often than not prudes. Se-egos can be hornivores, of course, but this is normally related to the thrill of the chase (the sheer challenge of sexual conquest itself) as opposed to the sheer enjoyment of sexual activity, to unconscious Si influence (Se-egos are Si-id, and thus Si represents a strong repressed impulse in their psyche -- especially in the case of SxEs), to influence from a particularly sexually-charged atmosphere (Se-egos in Alpha or Delta environments absorb the prevailing belief that sex is important, and thus develop a particularly aggressive sexuality -- such as Aggressors in the Delta culture of Australia), or to NTR physiological issues such as hormonal imbalance (which is the case of the particular Se-ego you're probably basing your conclusion on ). I see no evidence of any of these from Howard -- he just... really likes fucking.
    Last edited by Aleksei; 07-29-2011 at 08:31 PM.

TIM
    LSE (-Si)/9w1/ENTJ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll respond to you too Aleskie but I'm too lazy to go back and quote you.

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I can't really see her as Ne-seeking.
    I see it in her, she moved to California to seek out an acting career, I'm not sure that it's strong enough for it to be in her ego though. She isn't really constantly seeking out new experiences and adapting. Yeah the more I think about it the more sure I am of SEI, she's bad with money, lazy, excitable, irrational (the engine light thing), enjoys creature comforts, she is pretty much my ex girlfriend who is defiantly SEI.

Fe and Fi-PoLR can both be socially retarded.

Fi-PoLR = socially retarded while trying to maintain a "nice", cordial atmosphere, often not succeeding
    Fe-PoLR = socially retarded with no interest in maintaining a "nice", cordial atmosphere

Actually, extend that to Fi-superego/Fe-superego.
    Yeah lol this makes sense, yeah Lenard likes to keep the peace in situations, I see him valuing Fi > Fe because he seeks out that closeness with Penny and was all upset when his relationship with that other girl was just about sex and he never goes out of his way to be in a large group. Delta makes more sense than Alpha for Lenard.

I think Howard's "sexual aggression" is obviously stilted and unnatural, like he thinks that because he's male, he "ought" to be sexually aggressive, when in fact he'd like nothing more than to go home and eat his mother's meatloaf, and find a nice girl who can look after him.

... Yeah they are. The only Se-ego I know who isn't obviously highly sexual is an SEE who's a prude because she's ugly and no one wants to fuck her.
    I agree, I've never met a beta who wasn't interested in sex. Si is not a sex function, it may contribute in a way but saying someone who likes sex values Si is dumb. However Se is the function that would make Howard capable of chasing after women, even using your definition of Si/Se Howard's personality is more about the chase than the actual sex.
    So yes still think Beta ST.

Ahh what was the other thing ahh yeah, Sheldon defiantly values, Fi look at his intense hatred of particular people (that physics chick that Lenard slept with). Fi is as much about hate as it is about love, it can equal judgement particularly in a Gamma and Sheldon is about the most Judgmental person ever and can hold a grudge a very long time (typical behavior of Se blocked with Fi). So yeah LIE.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    In my opinion:

Penny - ESE
    Leonard - LII
    Sheldon - ILE
    Raj - IEE
    Howard - SLI
    I didn't see your post Traveler - yes, those are the correct typings.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is true, but you can't say they're "not particularly interested in sex" because they prefer one aspect of it to another. How can anyone with normal functioning genitals and no extreme psychological hangups not enjoy sex, Si-ignoring or not? It's biologically hardwired to be rewarding.
    Of course most humans find sexual activity physically pleasurable. Rather, Se-egos are unlikely to pursue physical, carnal pleasure as an end in itself.

Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least from the post at the top of the page, Sheldon as LIE seems rooted in "uhm, Sheldon has long-term negative opinions about people and stuff, so he's -valuing. Because everyone knows -valuing types just don't ever have opinions about people."

With regard to Howard, ability to "chase" (that is, talk to) women does not strike me as necessarily implying in the ego block.
    Last edited by CloudCuckooLander; 07-30-2011 at 09:10 PM.
    2-subtype system: IEI-Fe
    8-subtype system: D-IEI-Fe
    16-subtype system: IEI-ESE

IEI-Fe 2w3 > p6w5 > 8w7 sx/so

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of living." - Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas père)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast