Thread: The Gift and INTJ want

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Gift and INTJ want

My friend who is an INTJ is graduating this semester(she leaving me all alone ). But I have a hard time (almost no matter what) to get to her to tell me what she like about stuff and what she want. Please INTJ's tell me what you usualy like or want (Everyone want different things which I know but I would like an idea overall). I'm trying to get it in a way that I just don't want to end up buying a gift card for her. It seem more special to INTJ's (that I notice) if you buy them something, not just get a gift card. Thank you so much.

Your ISFP friend
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the gift is you, taz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gugu_ baba
    the gift is you, taz
    gosh thank you . Nooo. Beside me. For you how about cute grey bunny slippers and a card :wink: ?

INTJ's.

Would this card I typed below would be a good one for giving to an INTJ say perhap's to you, how would you feel (please give me your opinion)?

Front Cover: has picture of three cats on pot, first one blue second one yellow and third one orange.

"You make me laugh when I'm blue.

You make me smile when I'm sad.

YOu bring me up when I'm down."

Inside the card:
    "Your just a great frined-
    you're a prescription for happy!"
    ISFP, SEI

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i... don't know, taz. i suppose if she is all that to you, then she'd be pleased. i mean, because the words would match what she values in what she contributes to you, in the friendship.

i'd like the cats, but only because i like cats. does she like cats?

my closest friends tend to just buy me lunch on special occasions. and we'd talk. i don't think i'd actually want anything, unless you can figure out something that she's been wanting anyway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah me too I wouldn't want anything fancy. it doesn't matter the gift, as long it is offered with sincere feelings.

Creepy-hermisgreen

Default Gifts for INTj

I'd hate to break it to you, but personally as an INTj I would prefer the giftcard despite your good intentions, I think INTjs are very picky and practical ppl - I would personally use a giftcard to spend on non-discretionary items, i.e., supermarket food. Other than that, I like gadgets like Swiss Army knives (practical, small) - I am a female...

However, INTjs are also sensitive to the fact that you're a sentimental person and would appreciate that you took the time and energy to create her (well objectively, a lamearse) gift despite whether she actually likes it or not.

What would make her appreciate it is your analysis on why you thought she might like it, i.e., an explanation. I'm sure you'll give her something to think about and somehow it'll translate to a pos+ feeling - trust me!

B/c how many of us actually get gifts we like? It's definitely the thought that counts, esp. from the Fs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Gifts for INTj

Thank you all for the advice. That really helped me.

One last question (as a joke) how would you feel if say someone bought you a cute bunny slippers? IF I was your friend I would make sure you wear it at least once :wink: .
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Gifts for INTj

Quote Originally Posted by taz
    One last question (as a joke) how would you feel if say someone bought you a cute bunny slippers? IF I was your friend I would make sure you wear it at least once :wink: .
    My slippers are actually wearing out, so if someone bought me new slippers and they fit well and were comfortable, I would end up wearing them every day for years.
    INTJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Gift and INTJ want

My friend who is an INTJ is graduating this semester(she leaving me all alone ). But I have a hard time (almost no matter what) to get to her to tell me what she like about stuff and what she want. Please INTJ's tell me what you usualy like or want (Everyone want different things which I know but I would like an idea overall). I'm trying to get it in a way that I just don't want to end up buying a gift card for her. It seem more special to INTJ's (that I notice) if you buy them something, not just get a gift card. Thank you so much.

Your ISFP friend
    a gift card is the cowards way out. buying a gift that is made just for her, means much more. if you know her well enough, you should know what she likes. things she may do or look at when your together.

something useful is always nice. i always give gifts that are cute, yummy, or utilitarian.

each person is different as far as gift giving goes. i like tools, computer stuff and things for my camera. but it's so detailed, i need something very specific. but ideally, use your brain, she would appreciate that more. not many people actually notice us, we don't talk about ourselves that much - so if you can think of something you observed. i think it would touch her much more deeply.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the gift is you, taz
    gosh thank you . Nooo. Beside me. For you how about cute grey bunny slippers and a card :wink: ?

INTJ's.

Would this card I typed below would be a good one for giving to an INTJ say perhap's to you, how would you feel (please give me your opinion)?

Front Cover: has picture of three cats on pot, first one blue second one yellow and third one orange.

"You make me laugh when I'm blue.

You make me smile when I'm sad.

YOu bring me up when I'm down."

Inside the card:
    "Your just a great frined-
    you're a prescription for happy!"
    don't take this the wrong way, but that sounds a bit dumb. maybe she likes dry sappy. humor goes a long way, this sounds pretty canned. you'd do better if you gave her a card of a cartoon she likes. something like garfield, snoopy, and everyone seems to like winnie the pooh.

as for slippers, a cute gift - but no. i think something a little more personal then that. think about yourself, would you like getting slippers?

maybe a picture of the both you together for a good memory? something presented in a nice frame, since she's leaving, it would be a nice going away gift.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 21 and female.

I personally don't like cards. It is like an obligation to never throw away a coloured piece of cardboard. I have only one card that I like - it has a cute kitty on it and I got it when I was 5. Cards are like a weird way of spending money. IMO, whatever is printed on a card, is unimportant. This text sounded quite a bit like "roses are red, violets are blue....". Text on a card is only good if it's really amusing. If you give her a card, make sure you write something that you really mean. (the cheapest thing - giving a card with a printed poem and just adding your name) And don't try to make it rhyme, because then you will add words that you either wouldn't have used otherwise or that are just silly. I don't really like silly things.

I wouldn't like a gift card. Especially if I was leaving and busy with preparations. For some reason I am very vain. I like pretty and shiny things. Also I am very egotistical - I know I am worth the time the other person spends on my gift. If we were good friends, I would appreciate a simple necklace a lot more than money or a gift card. At least if it's either my favourite colour or just really shiny and pretty. PS! shiny doesn't mean expensive. I don't care if it only costs 2-3 dollars, as long it doesn't have any flaws and imperfections (visible glue or crooked decoration). And it shouldn't be too expensive anyway. Expensive stuff make me feel guilty.

Slippers... Depends. If they are cute, I'd probably like them. If they are too big, I probably wouldn't wear them much. I'm too clumsy anyway, so big slippers sound slightly dangerous.

the gift is you, taz
    In a way, there is a point in that quote. If you are close friends, she might like a vivid memory of you. If you have been planning to go to the movies for a long time and never got round to it, take her there (ask first. I would hate a time-consuming surprise.). If you two used to spend a lot of time bowling and haven't done it in a while, it might be the time to do it again. It must be something that's significant for you two. It might even be just a walk on the beach... And then the simple necklace/bracelet.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate giving giftcards to people for the reasons various people stated above, but I don't mind getting them. *shrug*
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Creepy-pokeball

Gift cards are lame. If you dont know what I'd want, dont bother =p

I could see a few exceptions to this like for a small store for collectible type items or (haha a sex shop lol) like some shop where you need specific tools or whatever. Moral of opinion: gift cards are for stockings or people you're just trying to bypass.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, you're heartless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for the help. I appreciate it.

The bunny slippers I was thinking considered a joke to tease her alittle bit (No I don't think she would like it but it was suppose to be unexpected, which I would expect her to get me back later for doing it, lol ). Since she tease me alot.
    ISFP, SEI

Creepy-hihi

INTJ's are highly individualistic, they often have an interest or a few that they are passionate about, whatever the gift you should get her is whatever shes into. Or if you simply be honest and tell her you got the giftcard so she can get what she really wants, I'm sure she was appreciate that. Asking other INTJ women what they want is a mistake because INTJ's are so individualistic they often can misunderstand each other.